2019 NFL Offseason: Chargers Started Early

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I have to admit, if this proposal happened (mandatory 2 games off) , I'd be real interested to see how bellicheat handles it. My guess is it would be similar to what ambi described but with the added caveat that, if the NFL allowed it, he'd put out false information on who he's going to sit for the coming weeks.

There'd definitely be some fun/interesting things to come out of it. Like complete shit teams making the playoffs because everyone decided to rest their starting QB/star whatever against them

There'd be interesting chess games that Belichick would dominate and Jason Garrett would, well, be Jason Garrett.

It wouldn't feel like the NFL, though, it would feel like something different at that point

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I bet garret would sit everyone early then have the entire team miss due to injury at the end of the year and miss the playoffs by 2 games.

But bellicheat. LOL he'd have everyone guessing right up to the end.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Every game mattering is one of the biggest draws with the NFL. Don't fuck that up.

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
New season of All or Nothing is up on Amazon. Ive come to enjoy both it and hard knocks on hbo the past couple years.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I find All or Nothing to be a far superior product. Looking forward to another good season of it

• 2Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
definitely like all or nothing better but its not like Im not gonna watch both.

• 1Solidarity

Hosix

All labs matter!
definitely like all or nothing better but its not like Im not gonna watch both.

I am in the exact same boat. At this point we are so starved of football....anything will help! But not the Canadian Football League. Nope.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
So I may have to take back my comment about watching both. Watched the first 15-20 minutes of All or Nothing ep1, I'm not sure I can take that much of Newtons personality shoved in my face.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
what about getting rid of these pathetic thursday night games. They are absolute garbage and probably contribute significantly when it comes to injuries. Short week will not let bodies recover and therefore games are shit. The extra few days after do not offset the time it takes to recover. So get rid of them and get rid of 2 pre-season games and add 2 regular ones or rework the post-season like suggested here previously. I know it's a pipe dream wanting TNF to go away, because of the tv contracts and whatnot. But those games are just pure shit.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Except thanksgiving. Cowboys and lions must continue to host thanksgiving games.

I like my family ok, but not that much. I need the football distraction.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
what about getting rid of these pathetic thursday night games. They are absolute garbage and probably contribute significantly when it comes to injuries. Short week will not let bodies recover and therefore games are shit. The extra few days after do not offset the time it takes to recover. So get rid of them and get rid of 2 pre-season games and add 2 regular ones or rework the post-season like suggested here previously. I know it's a pipe dream wanting TNF to go away, because of the tv contracts and whatnot. But those games are just pure shit.
If they just worked the schedule so teams always played Thursday games after their bye week, it wouldn't be nearly as bad.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Nester

Vyemm Raider

No Way!

I love Thursday nights, i cant wait for Sunday to come, i need my fix in between.
Also its an easy win betting on the home team ;)

A change i would rather see is link the bye to Thursday night games.

Fadaar

That guy
Get rid of a preseason game, add an additional bye week, and Thursday night games only after a bye week. I think we can all agree on that.

• 2Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Thursday's schedule last year was great and way way better than Monday Nights in every way. Fucking hate the Monday Night crew.

• 1Solidarity

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Does every team wind up playing a thursday game? Some play more than 1 (Pretty sure the cowboys have 2 in a row this year).

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Does every team wind up playing a thursday game? Some play more than 1 (Pretty sure the cowboys have 2 in a row this year).
I am pretty sure every team is scheduled for 1 per year, except teams that play on Thanksgiving. They play 2. I think...