2019 NFL Offseason: Chargers Started Early

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
FLUTIE officially was 5-10.

unofficially, and i have MET him once, he is no more than 5'8"

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
FLUTIE officially was 5-10.

unofficially, and i have MET him once, he is no more than 5'8"

I've been to a couple events with Flutie. No way in hell he was 5'10". Top of his head was middle of my chest. I'm 6'3".

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Ok so maybe Flutie isn't taller than Murray. Is that some kind of amazing revelation that changes anything?

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I dont give a fuck if Murray was a certified midget, that boy lit it up last year. He won the fucking Heisman and no one predicted it, so he has already overcome doubts and surpassed expectations.

Even if he was JaMarcus Russel height he would still be criticized for being dumb and slow or whatever. What matters is if he can play. Remember when the Seahawks gave Matt Flynn 10 million dollars to be their starter and drafted Wilson as a similar project type 2 way player? Murray is going to be a good QB in the NFL and whoever takes him is going to be happy. He just has to stay healthy.

He AVERAGED over 300 yards passing AND 60 yards rushing over 14 games. He had an absurd 11.8 yards per pass attempt, and threw 42 TD's. You put the threat of him being able to run, along with Barkley, and Odell Beckham as your wideout....

Sterling

El Presidente
I dont give a fuck if Murray was a certified midget, that boy lit it up last year. He won the fucking Heisman and no one predicted it, so he has already overcome doubts and surpassed expectations.

Even if he was JaMarcus Russel height he would still be criticized for being dumb and slow or whatever. What matters is if he can play. Remember when the Seahawks gave Matt Flynn 10 million dollars to be their starter and drafted Wilson as a similar project type 2 way player? Murray is going to be a good QB in the NFL and whoever takes him is going to be happy. He just has to stay healthy.

He AVERAGED over 300 yards passing AND 60 yards rushing over 14 games. He had an absurd 11.8 yards per pass attempt, and threw 42 TD's. You put the threat of him being able to run, along with Barkley, and Odell Beckham as your wideout....
1984 – Doug Flutie, quarterback, Boston College
1986 – Vinny Testaverde, quarterback, Miami (Fla.)
1989 – Andre Ware, quarterback, Houston
1990 – Ty Detmer, quarterback, Brigham Young
1992 – Gino Torretta, quarterback, Miami (Fla.)
1993 – Charlie Ward, quarterback, Florida State
1996 – Danny Wuerffel, quarterback, Florida
2000 – Chris Weinke, quarterback, Florida State
2001 – Eric Crouch, quarterback, Nebraska
2002 – Carson Palmer, quarterback, USC
2003 – Jason White, quarterback, Oklahoma
2004 – Matt Leinart, quarterback, USC
2006 – Troy Smith, quarterback, Ohio State
2007 – Tim Tebow, quarterback, Florida
2008 – Sam Bradford, quarterback, Oklahoma
2010 – Cameron Newton, quarterback, Auburn
2011 – Robert Griffin, quarterback, Baylor
2012 – Johnny Manziel, quarterback, Texas A&M
2013 – Jameis Winston, quarterback, Florida State
2014 – Marcus Mariota, quarterback, Oregon
2016 – Lamar Jackson, quarterback, Louisville
2017 – Baker Mayfield, quarterback, Oklahoma

Here's the list of Heisman winning QBs over the last 35 years. Most of them were trash pros. Heisman doesn't mean a whole lot. Dave Klinglier had a 5140 Yard 54 TD season in 11 games how'd he turn out as a pro?

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
flutie was a good qb, just had to spend half? of his career in the CFL due to him being "too short", then he had the stigma of being a picket line crosser due to him playing during the strike.

about half on that list above had decent careers or are still playing/too soon to tell (6 or 7 of them)

Last edited:

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
flutie was a good qb, just had to spend half? of his career in the CFL due to him being "too short", then he had the stigma of being a picket line crosser due to him playing during the strike.

about half on that list above had decent careers or are still playing/too soon to tell (6 or 7 of them)

If by decent career you mean low level starter/journeyman QBs.

The only one with potential to actually be "great" is Mayfield and he's only played 1 season. Otherwise, that's a pretty lackluster list for the last 33 years

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Yeah that list isn't very good. Palmer was good and Testaverde had a half decent career but when that's the highlight of the list it's not what you want.

• 1Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
What I don't get is why people think college linemen are midgets when they are the same size as the pros. If Murray can throw over college linemen he can throw over pro linemen.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
What I don't get is why people think college linemen are midgets when they are the same size as the pros. If Murray can throw over college linemen he can throw over pro linemen.

Because the OU offense uses incredibly wide splits with their linemen and used Murray as a rollout passer about as often as he threw from the pocket. Picture below shows your typical air raid offensive line splits. This lineup will get your QB murdered in the NFL.
linesplit.jpeg

• 2Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Because the OU offense uses incredibly wide splits with their linemen and used Murray as a rollout passer about as often as he threw from the pocket. Picture below shows your typical air raid offensive line splits. This lineup will get your QB murdered in the NFL.
View attachment 194454
Gotcha. Didnt think about that.

• 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So, Cam Newton or Carson Palmer are the best pro QB's to also win the Heisman? WTF?

• 1Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
So, Cam Newton or Carson Palmer are the best pro QB's to also win the Heisman? WTF?
It's because the skills to be the best QB in college football are not the same as the skills needed to be the best QB in the NFL. The NFL lives and dies on accuracy, pocket presence, quick decision making. College relies much more heavily on pure athleticism.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
college numbers are usually just an amusing side note. There's no defense, rich programs play shit teams to inflate their stats

• 2Like