(2020) Assassin's Creed Valhalla

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
I liked Origins and I liked Odyssey even more.

Heard plenty of complaints and many of them valid. I just don't give a fuck anymore when I buy a Ubisoft game. I know exactly what to expect, and don't expect to get more than that. I like the combat and the recent RPG influence. That alone is enough to get me to run around a huge world and kill shit for 30-50 hours before I get bored and I consider it worth my money. I usually wait on a heavy sale though, I paid $30 for both Origins and Odyssey and will probably wait for this to drop in price too.

If the leaks are true, some of the revamps in this one actually sound pretty awesome. I'm in, dumbass writing and question mark maps and all.

joz123

Potato del Grande
I platinumed Origins but Oddyssey I thought was too big. Don't get me wrong it is a great game but so many areas and side things to do wiped me out.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I have over 80 hours in Origin and 170 in Odyssey and not even done with Atlantis and Lost Tales...so totally looking forward to this. :)

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Really liked AC Odyssey but i love the viking setting even more.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'm a weak, out of shape nerd who has never been in a fight who happens to be tall and blonde, so of course I identify with vikings and can't wait to play a viking warrior.

Also I just watched

So I'm mentally prepared to pretend to be a viking in another Assassin's Creed game I don't finish.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Szlia

I don't understand why anyone would want a Japan based Assassin's Creed. There have been dozens of games over the years based on different flavors of assassins in medieval Japan, so isn't it more interesting to have the series explore eras and territories that are less covered ? If at some point they decide to go far east, I suspect they will rather go for Korea or China than Japan.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I don't understand why anyone would want a Japan based Assassin's Creed. There have been dozens of games over the years based on different flavors of assassins in medieval Japan, so isn't it more interesting to have the series explore eras and territories that are less covered ? If at some point they decide to go far east, I suspect they will rather go for Korea or China than Japan.
What would you say is the closest game to AC:Weaboo-Ninja ever made?

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Can you merge the two? I did a cursory search for valhalla so I didn't catch it.

Edit: can Amod Amod merge the two?

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Szlia

Tuco Tuco The Tenchu serie comes to mind. I guess an argument could be made that there is a lack of recent ninja games that are more infiltration than action, but I think one might want to have more of that without that being an Assassin's Creed game.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Tuco Tuco The Tenchu serie comes to mind. I guess an argument could be made that there is a lack of recent ninja games that are more infiltration than action, but I think one might want to have more of that without that being an Assassin's Creed game.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Style and tone look amazing.

holy shit that looks good.

I'll reiterate what people said about AC:Odyssey though: Game would be way better if they just called it "Valhalla", ditched the Assassins vs Templar angle, ditched the modern immersion-breaking parts and then added in a background of "Yeah Odin, Thor and everything is totes for real". Same could've been said for Odyssey having Greek gods and Origins having Egyptian gods.

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Caliane

all I could think was, "so armor is made of toilet paper in this world? also apparently human bodies weigh 2 lbs, and every person throwing a spear, axe etc, can lift a human body off the ground 15ft from the impact."

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Looks awesome, now they need to bring some form of uPlay+ to consoles.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
holy shit that looks good.

I'll reiterate what people said about AC:Odyssey though: Game would be way better if they just called it "Valhalla", ditched the Assassins vs Templar angle, ditched the modern immersion-breaking parts and then added in a background of "Yeah Odin, Thor and everything is totes for real". Same could've been said for Odyssey having Greek gods and Origins having Egyptian gods.
Yeah I don't understand why they have to keep shoehorning these games into the AC series. I was done with that series after not actually finishing the first two and it has made me completely avoid all of the rest of the series.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i think it's less about shoehorning it into the assassin's universe and more about keeping it under a single banner. the animus stuff has been really pretty barebones for a while now. this way they get to keep the development team together and just pitch new setting ideas, without having to convince the shareholders about a brand new game.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yea, it's their main brand for this kind of game. I like the animus stuff, but I'd rather they do it well. I like the stories that portray the Extreme versions of Order and Chaos that the Templars and Assasin's represent. The assassin's, may be the protagonists, but they aren't really the 'good guys'.