(2020) Assassin's Creed Valhalla

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Where are these abilities? The arrow skill that blows up walls, and the smash down barred doors skill. I can't find them anywhere in the skill tree. I've got a ton of ability points piled up (at least 20) since I haven't spent any since I got Dual Wield 2-Handers. Are they from books of knowledge? I'd look 'em up but I don't know their names.

Just saw the wedding of Oswald, no clue how far along I am. 20 hours on the clock. I'm more or less speedrunning. It's a relaxing game at least, doesn't really ask much of the player.
Abilities and skills are not one and the same. Refer to this list. (Incendiary Powder Trap skill)

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Abilities and skills are not one and the same. Refer to this list. (Incendiary Powder Trap skill)

Awesome, I just got Incendiary Powder. Just the first book, second looks unnecessary. Any other skills that are really worth getting or OP?

I like the look of Vengeance of Thor and Feign Death, going to grab both ranks of both.

And what about the two-hander ability that breaks through barred doors? I didn't see it on the list.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Awesome, I just got Incendiary Powder. Just the first book, second looks unnecessary. Any other skills that are really worth getting or OP?

I like the look of Vengeance of Thor and Feign Death, going to grab both ranks of both.

And what about the two-hander ability that breaks through barred doors? I didn't see it on the list.

Dive of the Valkyries - rank 2 is the door breaker.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Just got to the Fishing With Colbert quest where you have to catch eels. I feel like Gordon Ramsay at this point, all "Bloody hell, who thought this was a good idea? Fuckin' shit."

• 1Solidarity

Rude

Potato del Grande
In a nutshell:

Blackflag was awesome
Unity Sucked
Syndicate Sucked
Rogue - Reskin of Blackflag - more blackflag in snow - Pretty good
Origins: Was medicore.
Odyssey and all DLC - Fucking awesome
Valhalla - Wasted Opportunity - sucks that it sucks :(

Shining Light at the end of the tunnel - Fenix - great game

In the end what we need is a new Splinter Cell with Pandora tomorrow multiplayer.

The end :p
Rogue was a DLC Ubisoft tried selling at full price, I would say that alone made it garbage. Point is as Rajaah Rajaah mentioned, the series mostly rips off flavor of the month now, doesn't do anything on its own anymore.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Rogue was a DLC Ubisoft tried selling at full price, I would say that alone made it garbage. Point is as Rajaah Rajaah mentioned, the series mostly rips off flavor of the month now, doesn't do anything on its own anymore.
Sure if you wanna go that route copying BF but Rogue in and of itself was fucking bad ass. It’s my favorite behind Assassin 2.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Sure if you wanna go that route copying BF but Rogue in and of itself was fucking bad ass. It’s my favorite behind Assassin 2.

Yeah, meant to be a DLC or not, I liked Rogue. Having played everything except the weird spinoffs like the three side-scrollers, I'm gonna rank them and see how it looks.

13. AC Valhalla (so far)
12. AC3
11. AC Liberation
10. AC2:Revelations
9. AC1
---this is a jump where I go from not liking them much to liking them a lot
8. AC Origins
7. AC4
6. AC Unity (Ranking it this high because I didn't have any technical issues with it, enjoyed the setting, and it was the first game I played on a 4K OLED)
5. AC Rogue
4. AC Odyssey
3. AC Syndicate (srs)
2. AC2:Brotherhood
1. AC2

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Faggotry

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah, meant to be a DLC or not, I liked Rogue. Having played everything except the weird spinoffs like the three side-scrollers, I'm gonna rank them and see how it looks.

13. AC Valhalla (so far)
12. AC3
11. AC Liberation
10. AC2:Revelations
9. AC1
---this is a jump where I go from not liking them much to liking them a lot
8. AC Origins
7. AC4
6. AC Unity (Ranking it this high because I didn't have any technical issues with it, enjoyed the setting, and it was the first game I played on a 4K OLED)
5. AC Rogue
4. AC Odyssey
3. AC Syndicate (srs)
2. AC2:Brotherhood
1. AC2

Mostly agree but syndicate (oof) of put near the bottom.

Best overall game rank(story, length, graphics at the time, mechanics, game innovation)

1. AC2
2. Black Flag
3. Odyssey
4. Rogue
5. Brotherhood
6. Ac1
7.Ac 3
8.origins
9.unity
10. Revelations
11. liberation
12. Syndicate
13. Sounds like Valhalla

My personal favorite is Rogue. Fuck the Assassins

1612656105014.gif
1612656196771.png

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Mostly agree but syndicate (oof) of put near the bottom.

Best overall game rank(story, length, graphics at the time, mechanics, game innovation)

1. AC2
2. Black Flag
3. Odyssey
4. Rogue
5. Brotherhood
6. Ac1
7.Ac 3
8.origins
9.unity
10. Revelations
11. liberation
12. Syndicate
13. Sounds like Valhalla

My personal favorite is Rogue. Fuck the Assassins

View attachment 333468View attachment 333469

I may have rated Brotherhood too high and AC4 too low. I played Brotherhood right after AC2 so I was still riding that "best in the series" high. It probably isn't actually the 2nd-best.

Syndicate seems pretty disliked, but I love the setting. London is my 2nd-favorite city behind Paris, and the London setting of Syndicate is much more modern and fleshed-out than the Paris of Unity. You also finally get to play as a hot female assassin, something I wanted to see for ages. The visuals are just stunning everywhere you go. Yeah, I loved the hell out of Syndicate. The main downside to it for me was that the formula was super-stale at that point, being the final OG-formula AC game.

And I agree, fuck the assassins. We need more templar-based ACs. And one set in Japan. Nevermind, Ghost of Tsushima did that better than Ubisoft could, after years of the fans waiting for them to fill that niche. Ya snooze, ya lose.

After Valhalla is done, the only AC I'll have left to play is Chronicles. On one hand, the 2D ACs look kind of shite. On the other hand, their settings could be interesting. India, China, and Russia are places that haven't been touched-on like at all in the AC series. I just wish they were "normal" AC games, even scaled-down in scope, instead of weird side-scrollers.

• 1Slow
  • 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I may have rated Brotherhood too high and AC4 too low. I played Brotherhood right after AC2 so I was still riding that "best in the series" high. It probably isn't actually the 2nd-best.

Syndicate seems pretty disliked, but I love the setting. London is my 2nd-favorite city behind Paris, and the London setting of Syndicate is much more modern and fleshed-out than the Paris of Unity. You also finally get to play as a hot female assassin, something I wanted to see for ages. The visuals are just stunning everywhere you go. Yeah, I loved the hell out of Syndicate. The main downside to it for me was that the formula was super-stale at that point, being the final OG-formula AC game.

And I agree, fuck the assassins. We need more templar-based ACs. And one set in Japan. Nevermind, Ghost of Tsushima did that better than Ubisoft could, after years of the fans waiting for them to fill that niche. Ya snooze, ya lose.

After Valhalla is done, the only AC I'll have left to play is Chronicles. On one hand, the 2D ACs look kind of shite. On the other hand, their settings could be interesting. India, China, and Russia are places that haven't been touched-on like at all in the AC series. I just wish they were "normal" AC games, even scaled-down in scope, instead of weird side-scrollers.
Three Kingdoms with Cao Cao as lead Templar .....

jizz in my pants GIF

• 1Genius!

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Wrath of the Druids dlc was released today. Didn’t have much time to play, just did the first mission so I could travel to Ireland.

The map looks like it’s about 3 regions so should take me a decent amount of time to go through.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
So been trying to get through this and I find it very difficult to be motivated.

I've enjoyed Valhalla putting 145 hours into it. Although by the end, I was happy to be done unlike Odyssey where I put similar amount of time, I was still having fun and could have gone on longer.

Wrath of the Druids is just more of the same, help kings win territory etc...like the base game. The story is not great, and nothing new to see as Ireland looks just like England. Atlantis DLC for Odyssey took the story in a new direction, and the new regions looked different.

I'm not sure I'll finish this DLC, lets hope the next one is better.

• 1Solidarity

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Finally started this, feels like they tried to copy Witcher 3 with a dash of God of War 4, which is not a bad thing. I didn't know it was going to kick me out of the starting area so quickly or I would have done more exploring.

I tried Odyssey first but it felt...off.

• 1Dislike

Daidraco

Finally started this, feels like they tried to copy Witcher 3 with a dash of God of War 4, which is not a bad thing. I didn't know it was going to kick me out of the starting area so quickly or I would have done more exploring.

I tried Odyssey first but it felt...off.
You can go back later. No worries, plenty to grind.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Not sure if anyone can help me out with this. Currently stuck, and due to the open / "stage-select" nature of the game's story it's very difficult to find a guide or video that shows the part I'm on.

I just finished The Burning of the Wicker Man (Chapter 5) and reported on Glowecestrescire, so that's done. Most of the map is conquered. Glowe was locked until I finished all the other available ones, then it unlocked. According to walkthroughs, the next area is Snotinghamscire. However, there's no available quest, nothing sending me there, can't choose it on the battle map, nothing.

The only quests available are: (Ravensthorpe) A New Home, Viking For Hire, To Serve the Light, A Wise Friend, (RIver Raids) A River to Raid. I'm guessing I need to do one of these (side?) quests to advance the main story, or something? Up until now it just advanced on its own, so it's weird for it to leave me hanging like this.

After reporting on Glowe, I left the room and Reap What Was Sown got triggered. Talked to the guy, got the silver ring, figured that'd move the story along...nope, still nothing, no new areas available on the battle map, no green quest markers, nada.

Also, Settlement Level is 3. Maybe I have to raise that to progress? I don't know but I don't have time to sit around researching how to move this game forward. Already spent way too much time on it. Actually considering calling it a day entirely on the damn game.

Daidraco

You do have settlement requirements at periodic points. That may be it. But something in the UI should tell you what will move the MSQ along. Too hard to pinpoint without being in your shoes.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
You do have settlement requirements at periodic points. That may be it. But something in the UI should tell you what will move the MSQ along. Too hard to pinpoint without being in your shoes.

Okay, let's hope this works. I'm building new settlement structures to get that to level 4, and also doing the Hidden Ones subquest (build a hut for Hytham and get access to the Big Board of Optional Targets). I had a lot of fun with the optional targets in Odyssey and the ringleader was a genuine surprise. Here...probably won't fool with it at all unfortunately.

I'm guessing doing these two things will move it along, or at least I hope so.

Are River Raids necessary at all? (Aside from the initial ones that show you how it works)

EDIT: Good news, upgrading the settlement to 4 and doing the first Hidden Ones subquest (not sure which, maybe both) unlocked the next couple of areas: Snotinghamshire (280 difficulty) and, weirdly enough, Lunden (90 difficulty). I guess I'll steamroll Lunden first.

Feels like I'm doing things out of order or something, it's weird. Hopefully I can power through to the end without needing to get settlement level 5 (or worse, 6). If I do, I'll need to go do quite a bit of resource farming by grinding monastery raids for a while.

Last edited:

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Whoa, the snowy northern-lands are pretty great, at least. I'm glad I stuck things out with the game this long. Have a feeling it's going to wind to a close soon since the recommended level on missions is up to 280 now (I'm like 150 and having only marginal amounts of difficulty). At least the levels aren't required like they were in previous games. If they keep ramping up towards the end I might need to stop and grind. Haven't had to yet, though. Using that overpowered charge attack ability in conjunction with a poisoned weapon and getting by fine.

Daidraco

By the time you’re in the 200’s, pretty much everything falls over dead to you. Or should. The difficulty of the game in the lower levels is a lot more compelling. Pertaining to where you are in the MSQ - if you’ve done the story in every zone, you’ll be almost done. I enjoyed the end, just wish it wasn’t behind such a long slog. The armor quests are really cool too. Not needed to beat the game, but really cool.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I deleted this and wanted to wait until they patched it 102 times - probably time to restart in fresh.