2021-2022 NFL Season: Deshaun Watson will die a Texan!

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The only redeeming factor of the WFT game today was Blewitt getting his first kick blocked. It was written in the stars.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
If Shanahan comes out and says "Jimmy is our guy, I believe in him, he can help us win", I am going to lose more faith in him.

I honestly don't know what the answer is for the 49ers. The secondary is a mess, the QB is a mess, the penalties as a whole are a mess. Shit is just not really excusable at this point.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
If Shanahan comes out and says "Jimmy is our guy, I believe in him, he can help us win", I am going to lose more faith in him.

I honestly don't know what the answer is for the 49ers. The secondary is a mess, the QB is a mess, the penalties as a whole are a mess. Shit is just not really excusable at this point.
We're just not a good team. Sure, injuries in the secondary suck, but when you're so inconsistent week to week, that's a surefire sign of a bad team. Bad coaching, bad QB play, bad secondary, etc.

The only bright spots so far this year have been Mitchell, Samuel, and Bosa.

Also, can we PLEASE fucking dump Gould? I said it last season, but the dude is old as fuck and always has some sort of bullshit injury. Quit paying the dude.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
GOOD patriots game yesterday, with the caveat, it was the JETS!

less mistakes = win, vs jets= blowout.

it will be interesting to see how they do vs the chargers, IF the patriots Defense can stop the chargers offense(or at least force field goals), then i think they can win the game.

mac is playing better than brady did his "first" year (year 2 brady) granted different era for a QB, but mac -so far- is in my opinion- the current fav for offensive rookie of the year. i am NOT saying mac is brady 2.0, but it is looking more and more like mac might be a franchise qb. really will not know for another year or so.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I just don't understand how an organization can have ZERO luck on grooming a QB. It might be time to stop with the throw him to the wolves method and let them build a solid foundation of linemen and receivers 1st few years.

Flip that coin. Are the Pats the luckiest summa bitches ever? Mac Jones honestly looks...good. Especially for a rookie.
Drafting the most accurate QB pays off.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
mac -so far- is in my opinion- the current fav for offensive rookie of the year

I'm obviously biased, but Ja'Marr Chase is putting up never before seen rookie WR numbers. I think he's leading the OROY candidates by quite a bit right now.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Chase is by far the rookie of the year at this point, not even close.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I'm obviously biased, but Ja'Marr Chase is putting up never before seen rookie WR numbers. I think he's leading the OROY candidates by quite a bit right now.
Trading up for him in a dynasty league is definitely the highlight of fantasy so far for me.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
well i like mac :)
chase is 2nd :evil

unless one tanks, or gets hurt, it will come down to those two imo.

the question is which is more VALUABLE to the team-in the opinion of the people who vote for it.

A WR, or the QB who "runs" the whole offense, to me, it is the QB.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
well i like mac :)
chase is 2nd :evil

unless one tanks, or gets hurt, it will come down to those two imo.

the question is which is more VALUABLE to the team-in the opinion of the people who vote for it.

A WR, or the QB who "runs" the whole offense, to me, it is the QB.
Are you puffing up Mac Jones because yall ran the score up on the fucking Jets? You're 3-4 in what is still one of the weakest divisions in Football, and two of your wins are against one of the worst teams in the history of the NFL. You dropped your season opener at home against the Dolphins, which was their only win for the year, and you barely beat a dogshit Texans team for your only win so far this season that wasn't against the Jets. Looking at the rest of your record, you'll be lucky to make it to 8-8.

He definitely looks better than all the other first round QBs who were tossed in the deep end this year but they are all on terrible franchises that had high first round picks for a reason (Jets, Jaguars, Bears).

Meanwhile Chase is blowing away any previous rookie receiver stats so far, and contributing to a team that is currently first place in a much more competitive division.

• 2Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
And even when using your lens of "valuable", yes Burrow is a huge part of the Bengals success so far this season, but Chase still accounts for almost 40% of his passing yards so far. That's pretty fucking wild considering the options Burrow has at his disposal.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I was believing the preseason doubts about Chase and felt sad that I picked him in my fantasy draft... No regrets now!

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
I wouldn’t shit on the Patriots like Gavin did, I think they have plenty of reason to be optimistic but that being said Chase is OROY and it’s not even close. Mac Jones looks great for a rookie, but even thinking Jones is remotely close to Chase for OROY is probably the dumbest thing said in this thread and we have pages of a guy claiming Watson couldn’t be traded because of the salary cap.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Mac Jones needs to have a Herbert like year to get OROY over Chase in my opinion.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm not trying to pick on the Pats or on Lenardo, just trying to deflate his homerism a little.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Try to look on the bright side about tonight's game: the INT's that are going to be thrown tonight:

Noah Centineo Chef GIF by Allure

You could be witnessing NFL history tonight!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user