2021-2022 NFL Season: Deshaun Watson will die a Texan!

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Should be 2021 NFL Season. Or technically the 2021-2022 season.

When we talk about the 85 Bears, it was the 1985 season. Starting in 85 and ending in Jan/Feb 1986.

Will be interesting to see how Najee Harris does as the first RB taken. I got a feeling he will be another workhorse for the Steelers, like Conner or Mendenhall. They are going to give him a boatload of carries. I bet he has 350+ touches this year. Big Ben is getting old and they arent a good team when they cant run. Yea, Ben will throw for 450 yards and 3 tds, but they usually lose in those type of games. Harris has to be a feature type back for them to do anything this year, and I think he can.

Hopefully he does show out, as it will continue to bolster the running back market. 2014 was rock bottom for the reputation and usage rate of RB's, as well as the beginning of the rise of passing. Bishop Sankey was the first RB drafted in 2014, at NUMBER 54 OVERALL. That is the latest a RB has ever been drafted in NFL history. That year also saw a limited number of backs being drafted overall, where just 20 backs were taken, compared to 55 in 1987.

30 backs were selected in the 2017 draft, and guys like Zeke and Barkley were getting drafted very high and getting paid. It has started to go back the other way though, as only 16 backs were taken in 2020, and 20 this year. It is most likely due to guys like Zeke eating shit, and Barkley being hurt, as well as McCaffery and other guys like Mostert who cant stay healthy. Josh Jacobs was really the only RB in the 2019 class that has done ANYTHING. So the value of these guys is starting to wane again. If Harris can run wild it will help, but fucking Etienne is already hurt and gone for the year so who knows.

(2017 was in insane year for RBs! Fournette went 1st, McCaffery 2nd, Dalvin Cook 3rd, Joe Mixon 4th, Alvin Kamara 5th, Kareem Hunt 6th, James Conner 8th, with Marlon Mack and Aaron Jones being taken late.)

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
The title is definitely a travesty, the fact that it's labeled for next season only being 1 part of that.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Should be 2021 NFL Season. Or technically the 2021-2022 season.

When we talk about the 85 Bears, it was the 1985 season. Starting in 85 and ending in Jan/Feb 1986.

Will be interesting to see how Najee Harris does as the first RB taken. I got a feeling he will be another workhorse for the Steelers, like Conner or Mendenhall. They are going to give him a boatload of carries. I bet he has 350+ touches this year. Big Ben is getting old and they arent a good team when they cant run. Yea, Ben will throw for 450 yards and 3 tds, but they usually lose in those type of games. Harris has to be a feature type back for them to do anything this year, and I think he can.

Hopefully he does show out, as it will continue to bolster the running back market. 2014 was rock bottom for the reputation and usage rate of RB's, as well as the beginning of the rise of passing. Bishop Sankey was the first RB drafted in 2014, at NUMBER 54 OVERALL. That is the latest a RB has ever been drafted in NFL history. That year also saw a limited number of backs being drafted overall, where just 20 backs were taken, compared to 55 in 1987.

30 backs were selected in the 2017 draft, and guys like Zeke and Barkley were getting drafted very high and getting paid. It has started to go back the other way though, as only 16 backs were taken in 2020, and 20 this year. It is most likely due to guys like Zeke eating shit, and Barkley being hurt, as well as McCaffery and other guys like Mostert who cant stay healthy. Josh Jacobs was really the only RB in the 2019 class that has done ANYTHING. So the value of these guys is starting to wane again. If Harris can run wild it will help, but fucking Etienne is already hurt and gone for the year so who knows.

(2017 was in insane year for RBs! Fournette went 1st, McCaffery 2nd, Dalvin Cook 3rd, Joe Mixon 4th, Alvin Kamara 5th, Kareem Hunt 6th, James Conner 8th, with Marlon Mack and Aaron Jones being taken late.)

Asked to edit title. My bad.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Wow. 2011 - 2022 seasons. This thread is going to get HUGE as we get in our DeLoreans

Hahhahahaahah!!!

Copy/Paste of my report:

Please change thread title to 2021-2022 NFL Season: Deshaun Watson will die a Texan!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
it should just be 2021, nobody calls it the 2021-22 season. this aint the NBA

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Title is still bad, should just be 2021 season.
Before thay added the 17th game, you'd be right. The regular season hardly ever went into Jan. This year the final week is Jan 9, so 21-22 is appropriate

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sterling

El Presidente
I'm willing to bet it'll be a good long while before it's actually used that way anywhere that actually matters.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Before thay added the 17th game, you'd be right. The regular season hardly ever went into Jan. This year the final week is Jan 9, so 21-22 is appropriate

Aaaaand this dude beat me to it....

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Regular season went into January in 3 of the last 6 years, and 6 out of the last 12.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Jesus Christ, you are all faggots arguing over it

• 4Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer

As I said, this is a move to try curry favor with Watson (by allowing to still be paid) and put the onus on the league to put him on the exempt list.