2021-2022 NFL Season: Deshaun Watson will die a Texan!

Pescador

Trakanon Raider
I really don't have much issue with Staley's playcalling, except the fourth down attempt from their own <20 as mentioned. Even that was not as egregious as it seemed. I think he had a few fourth down calls (before the final drive) that ended up paying off, so I feel like the chargers would have lost before overtime without his gung ho attitude.

More importantly, it's refreshing to see this style talking over in the NFL. It gave us the greatest game of the year and I think if Staley settled for field goals and punts it would have been a boring and easy victory for the raiders. Consider how many pass plays end up with defensive penalties to extend the drive... You're not just banking on a first down completion, but any pass nowadays carries what seems like a 10% chance of a free first down due to penalties. That kept the chargers drive going just as much as clutch completions on fourth down, but it also helps throughout the game, and more fourth down attempts give you more chances for that to happen.

Either way, the trio of Raiders / Steelers / Chargers who were all competing for the last 2 playoff spots all have virtually zero chance in the playoffs. I'm honestly most bummed out that we don't get to see Herbert play some more. I think the Chargers had the best chance of actually making a legit playoff run since it would require some epic QB play, ballsy playcalling, and a lot of luck. I don't think the Raiders or the Steelers can pull that off.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
It's not so much that 9er fans travel well. It's just that, like Cowboy fans, you can find them EVERYWHERE. And in large numbers as well. The '80's and '90's really built those two fan bases into national behemoths.
It's also the fact that legumers LOVE the Raiders, Cowboys, and 49ers. Anywhere you find a high legumer population, you'll find a ton of fans of one of those 3 teams.
Kupp had 16 TD's and Deebo had 15. Deebo 77 catches and 1707 scrimmage yards. (1 passing and 8 rushing scored)
How many 20+ yard TD passes did Kupp throw this year? Fuckin' scrub.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I hope the bills hire Brian Flores as DC.

Lesslie Frazer is going to get picked up as a Head coach - Bills get a 3rd round comp pic if that is the case !

get Flores in the system and fish for another minority comp pick ‘
Flores to Seattle. Fuck Ken Norton.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

SimSimSalabim

Molten Core Raider
Kupp had 16 TD's and Deebo had 15. Deebo 77 catches and 1707 scrimmage yards. (1 passing and 8 rushing scored)

I perceive Kupp as the replaceable White slot receiver a la the Tom Brady era Patriots (Welker, Edelman, Amendola, …Chris Hogan?). You could probably slide in any number of players into his position and they would produce similarly.

Deebo Samuel IS the 49ers offense.

• 4Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I perceive Kupp as the replaceable White slot receiver a la the Tom Brady era Patriots (Welker, Edelman, Amendola, …Chris Hogan?). You could probably slide in any number of players into his position and they would produce similarly.

Deebo Samuel IS the 49ers offense.
Kupp is WAY better than any of those white boys. That said, the 49ers don't touch the playoffs without Deebo. Possibly the same for the Rams though, without Kupp.

• 1Like
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 1 users

Sterling

El Presidente
A few years ago watching Rams games it always looked like Woods was going to be the guy there, and he's obviously a good player, but Kupp has turned out to be crazy productive. He doesn't seem like anything special but that dude is always open.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Hey guys, did something happen yesterday? When I woke up I found an empty bottle of copium on the floor and the TV needed to be wiped down.

• 4Worf
  • 2Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 5 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I don't think there is a team in football history that just flat out breaks the hearts of its fans like the Chargers. I hope they can get it together, because I think Herbert is the real deal. But they have to shake that fucking curse. Even my Lions fan friends are glad they are not Chargers fans.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I don't think there is a team in football history that just flat out breaks the hearts of its fans like the Chargers. I hope they can get it together, because I think Herbert is the real deal. But they have to shake that fucking curse. Even my Lions fan friends are glad they are not Chargers fans.
Chargers' coach is a fuckin' grade A retard. He's like an even dumber Tomlin or Harbaugh. I love Herbert though. Born in Eugene, went to U of O, just a cool, hometown kid that has a fuckin' laser arm.

• 2Like

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>

Next year, man. Next year is our year for sure.

• 3Worf
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Fadaar

That guy
Next year, man. Next year is our year for sure.

pepe.jpg

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Pescador

Trakanon Raider
Chargers' coach is a fuckin' grade A retard. He's like an even dumber Tomlin or Harbaugh. I love Herbert though. Born in Eugene, went to U of O, just a cool, hometown kid that has a fuckin' laser arm.
I don't think the Chargers are playing for a playoff spot without the ballsy 4th down attempts all season. On both offense and defense they have zero depth outside of 2-3 star players, and are almost the perfect example of an average team, talent-wise. The only reason they were even in this game at all was because they had three separate touchdown drives where they converted one or more fourth downs. It's easy to point to the one that didn't work and blame the coach.

I think the bigger issue is that the Chargers got blown out by the Texans a week ago. Just like the Colts, they simply lost one too many times against bad teams. You don't deserve a wild card spot if you are losing to bad teams in December and January.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
You should probably actually watch him play then. Cause this is a pretty ignorant statement.

• 2Like