2021-2022 NFL Season: Deshaun Watson will die a Texan!

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've met a shit ton of Steeler fans in Atlanta when I lived there, and also in FL who didn't know shit about the team, its history, ever been to Pittsburgh etc. "Well they win a lot"

It's annoying.

My favorite was talking to a random_fan in 2015ish with a Seahawks jersey at a bar here in FL *and* had an Alabama hat on. Said he grew up in Alabama and lived in Seattle, just coincidence at the time both were winning.

Yea oooooookay faggot.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
So just a quick recap of what has gone on so far. Wonder if anyone else is in danger.

• 3Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Zimmer was shit with talent and ran players into the ground. As a Packer Fan, I will miss both him and Naggy in the same way I miss Denny Green, Lovie Smith, and Mike Patricia. Lions seem to be headed in the right direction, just going to take a while to fully realize it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Dolphins with the rare coaching downgrade this off-season.
I was initially shocked but he there were repeat rumors he is hard to work with. Being unable to create relationships and put together a competent coaching staff doomed him.

4 OC's in 3 years, and the last one was an internal hire because nobody wanted to come here. Jim Caldwell "retired" during training camp only a couple months in due to health issues 3 years ago, but now his name is floating in coaching circles again. Then there was Chan Gailey. NFL coaches are a very small group; they ask around about what it's like to work for a head coach before taking the job.

Also the win streak was when the defense turned it around; except that was after going 1-7 when he put it all on the table in a meeting with the players and it was the defensive players wanting to run heavy blitz cover 0.

He's gonna get interviews though. Probably quite a few.

• 2Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
It's not so much that 9er fans travel well. It's just that, like Cowboy fans, you can find them EVERYWHERE. And in large numbers as well. The '80's and '90's really built those two fan bases into national behemoths.

You can’t get me to hate the 80s and 90s but that’s one hell of an argument.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I was initially shocked but he there were repeat rumors he is hard to work with. Being unable to create relationships and put together a competent coaching staff doomed him.

4 OC's in 3 years, and the last one was an internal hire because nobody wanted to come here. Jim Caldwell "retired" during training camp only a couple months in due to health issues 3 years ago, but now his name is floating in coaching circles again. Then there was Chan Gailey. NFL coaches are a very small group; they ask around about what it's like to work for a head coach before taking the job.

Also the win streak was when the defense turned it around; except that was after going 1-7 when he put it all on the table in a meeting with the players and it was the defensive players wanting to run heavy blitz cover 0.

I was arguing the past week with fans over him. He’s talented but the primary job of a HC is to bring in coaching talent. Just like the primary job of a GM is player talent.

No one seemed to want to work for him and some expensive FAs left in non optimal ways. If he was the primary reason we couldn’t find certain talent, we would never get over the Fisher hump with him. Since Miamis FO is dysfunctional, I bet they don’t have a clue on his replacement.

• 1Solidarity

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
This is actually a pretty crazy stat. But sacks are the stats that are tracked, and will win in the end.

• 3Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Kupp had 16 TD's and Deebo had 15. Deebo 77 catches and 1707 scrimmage yards. (1 passing and 8 rushing scored)

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

Explains a lot. Dude seemed to be headed in the right direction. Sounds like Harbaugh 2.0 as far as personal skills go. Him going thru the OC's like water seem to be his downfall though.

LOL. EVERY defensive guy wants BC0! Do what the fuck you want! You better have some damn good corners. Or fast as fuck defensive ends that can get to that QB.

• 1Solidarity

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Explains a lot. Dude seemed to be headed in the right direction. Sounds like Harbaugh 2.0 as far as personal skills go. Him going thru the OC's like water seem to be his downfall though.

LOL. EVERY defensive guy wants BC0! Do what the fuck you want! You better have some damn good corners. Or fast as fuck defensive ends that can get to that QB.
He probably learned his lesson and will take that lesson with him to his next HC job. I would be shocked if he didn't get calls from a few teams right away. I'm sure you won't miss his 4-2 record against NE in 3 years. :D

As for Cover 0 we actually did have the personnel for it. Xavien Howard and Byron Jones at Cornerback made 16m EACH this year, and both of our rookie safeties caught on quick in the 2nd half of the year.

• 2Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
This is actually a pretty crazy stat. But sacks are the stats that are tracked, and will win in the end.

He's the person that worries me the most this weekend. Though the Bengals really contained him when they played earlier this season.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I hope the bills hire Brian Flores as DC.

Lesslie Frazer is going to get picked up as a Head coach - Bills get a 3rd round comp pic if that is the case !

get Flores in the system and fish for another minority comp pick ‘

• 1Barf