2021-2022 NFL Season: Deshaun Watson will die a Texan!

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
He was also 30 years old with a not small contract. They'd have done better than a 6th probably, but even a 2nd would have been a huge stretch.

People underestimate how valuable draft picks are considered in the NFL.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Sterling

El Presidente
For sure. The Ramsey trade is not typical at all. I'm not even sure who they were bidding against and he was 5 or 6 years younger than Gilmore would have been at the time.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme
I think it came down to he was not getting used as much now and they wanted to negate his 2022 injury guarantee or something along those lines
That is the report in Dallas. He had off-season surgeory this past offseason, which under his current contract meant Dallas was automatically on the hook for $7.2 million this year. If he got hurt again this year or had surgeory in the next offseason, Dallas would have to pay him $9.3 million next year. They wanted him to waive the injury guarantee and he wouldn't (I wouldn't either). So they cut him.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I'm sure Urban will let you dance on his lap to.

I'm sure Cowherd will have you on for your hot takes. Deep thoughts, Jack.

For sure. The Ramsey trade is not typical at all. I'm not even sure who they were bidding against and he was 5 or 6 years younger than Gilmore would have been at the time.

Yeah, I wouldn't use the Rams as the typical traders.

Hosix

All labs matter!
Pace laughs at this statement
ADCA3EF2-98A9-4A59-917B-808C0B752947.jpeg

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Jaylon Smith... If you were a Cowboys fan and actually watched the games, you might be surprised by the release, but you probably aren't disappointed or sad about it.

He was a very physical player, but always a step behind and looked puzzled by his assignments. Good offensive schemes took advantage of him constantly. He was a checkers player trying to compete in a chess league.

Depth-wise, I thought we needed him. Especially with Lawrence out and Parson being moved to the line, but they must have a plan for it.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Whatever the packers pay him the Cowboys are off the hook for this year on the salary cap so expect it to be a million or under.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Jaylon Smith... If you were a Cowboys fan and actually watched the games, you might be surprised by the release, but you probably aren't disappointed or sad about it.

He was a very physical player, but always a step behind and looked puzzled by his assignments. Good offensive schemes took advantage of him constantly. He was a checkers player trying to compete in a chess league.

Depth-wise, I thought we needed him. Especially with Lawrence out and Parson being moved to the line, but they must have a plan for it.

I'm going to miss him looking terrible all game then showboating like a peacock when making a routine tackle

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
have Buck and Aikman been relegated to the shit show that is TNF? Haven't seen them at all on Sundays this season.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
It's a travesty that we don't have a "shit in their butts" reaction.

• 3Worf
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users