2022-23 NFL Season : Herbert's march to Glendale

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Why do teams have to talk to the Saints? Is he still under contract? They just let him walk and are still paying him while he shops for a new job? lol

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I would think Denver would be the ideal place for him, but maybe he doesn't wanna deal with Russ.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Why do teams have to talk to the Saints? Is he still under contract? They just let him walk and are still paying him while he shops for a new job? lol
Yes he is still under contract. So if another team agrees to a contract, they will have to trade the Saints something for him

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I would think Denver would be the ideal place for him, but maybe he doesn't wanna deal with Russ.

If the Chargers lose this weekend, Spanos' should have him on speed dial and I bet he takes it in a second

EDIT Assuming this isn't all just show and Brady and him already have plans setup

Animosity

I dont think they are paying him because he "retired". But he is under contract so he cant just sign any where he wants.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Mike LaFleur out as OC for the Jets, kinda surprising but maybe it shouldn't be.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's a shame you ended that sentence by qualifying it with 'success wise' cause I was really gonna uncork on the first two (no matter how much I rag on McVay, it always kinda bounces off of that SB win)

Even subtracting McVay, I don't seen Turner becoming a head coach and doing what the other two have even accomplished.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
After the last concussion Tua was having memory issues and drifiting out of coherence. Scary shit. He needs to take a few months off and see where he stands. I feel bad for him, the NFL and his coaches failed him.

Where’s that coming from? I’ve never seen a situation like this and his coach gave him tons of recovery time. That last hit he took, every QB takes that hit at times so how could you prepare for it? The only failure by the Dolphins was taking a risk on a guy who has always gotten injured. Show me another case like this.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Where’s that coming from? I’ve never seen a situation like this and his coach gave him tons of recovery time. That last hit he took, every QB takes that hit at times so how could you prepare for it? The only failure by the Dolphins was taking a risk on a guy who has always gotten injured. Show me another case like this.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>

Ok but this is a 12 year QB with 6-8 in his career? They were supposed to do what about Tua with possibly 3 in one year? Again, where is the long documented history and research on this? It isn’t there. The Dolphins followed a set protocol based off current knowledge of concussions. What else were they supposed to do? Mind read?

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Ok but this is a 12 year QB with 6-8 in his career? They were supposed to do what about Tua with possibly 3 in one year? Again, where is the long documented history and research on this? It isn’t there. The Dolphins followed a set protocol based off current knowledge of concussions. What else were they supposed to do? Mind read?
You don't have to mind read physical symptoms. The Dolphins and the NFL just ignored them.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I feel like playing along with the super obvious lie about the week 3 concussion actually being a "back injury" is a failure of both the Dolphins franchise and the NFL as a whole that may have ended his career early due to how it ended up snowballing. Tua deserves plenty of the blame for being stupid enough to lie about it in the first place but the various medical rules and protocols are supposed to help protect these fucking morons from themselves.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I feel like playing along with the super obvious lie about the week 3 concussion actually being a "back injury" is a failure of both the Dolphins franchise and the NFL as a whole that may have ended his career early due to how it ended up snowballing. Tua deserves plenty of the blame for being stupid enough to lie about it in the first place but the various medical rules and protocols are supposed to help protect these fucking morons from themselves.

It just depends on what kind of advice they were getting. Honestly, people act like neurological problems are solved or well understood and they aren't. We aren't even 100% sure that any other QB would have had the same issues. It feels like Covid and a whole host of other topics where people who are incredibly ignorant still find ways to play expert and I'm not saying that for the people here.

If the Dolphins knew he was concussed and did not care about his safety, then I agree they are at fault, but I still remember a NFL certified neurological expert said he was ok. It wasn't until he had issues the next week that anyone yelled 'foul!' and no one was 100% sure of what happened. Isn't it amazing how people know everything, yet we still haven't explored our oceans or the planet closest to us? Still don't know shit about the brain, still don't know what a woman is, but we know Tua was wronged! Isn't that presumptive, just a bit?

I'm not even going into why we should be a nanny state for every fucking human's bad decisions, but I guess that's modern America. Not even multi-millionaire athletes should be responsible for their own health. That's asking...too damn much!

• 2Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It just depends on what kind of advice they were getting. Honestly, people act like neurological problems are solved or well understood and they aren't. We aren't even 100% sure that any other QB would have had the same issues. It feels like Covid and a whole host of other topics where people who are incredibly ignorant still find ways to play expert and I'm not saying that for the people here.

If the Dolphins knew he was concussed and did not care about his safety, then I agree they are at fault, but I still remember a NFL certified neurological expert said he was ok. It wasn't until he had issues the next week that anyone yelled 'foul!' and no one was 100% sure of what happened. Isn't it amazing how people know everything, yet we still haven't explored our oceans or the planet closest to us? Still don't know shit about the brain, still don't know what a woman is, but we know Tua was wronged! Isn't that presumptive, just a bit?

I'm not even going into why we should be a nanny state for every fucking human's bad decisions, but I guess that's modern America. Not even multi-millionaire athletes should be responsible for their own health. That's asking...too damn much!
You are kinda all over the place with this post.

Not one person, neurological expert or layman, looks at the footage from the Week 3 Bills game and honestly thinks that was a back injury. Yes, everyone who watches that footage is 100% sure of what happened because he is very obviously concussed. If he'd properly been put into concussion protocol after this game he wouldn't have been eligible to play in the Bengals game where everything blew up. Of course we don't know everything about the brain but we do know that sustaining a concussion puts you at an elevated risk to have another one until your brain is given a chance to recover. And who knows if the concussion protocols are even being handled properly since they're still pretending that Tua has had one less concussion than he has actually had. We certainly know that having 4 concussions in a 3 month period is absolutely terrible for your health.

As for being responsible for their own health, do you think all those comments in this thread about room temperature IQs are a joke? Even players who with normal mental faculties will let their competitiveness override their common sense, so of course a bunch of borderline retards can't be trusted to make the right decisions about their health.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

That's a stoner rant if I've ever seen one

• 1Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden

• 1Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
You are kinda all over the place with this post.

Not one person, neurological expert or layman, looks at the footage from the Week 3 Bills game and honestly thinks that was a back injury. Yes, everyone who watches that footage is 100% sure of what happened because he is very obviously concussed. If he'd properly been put into concussion protocol after this game he wouldn't have been eligible to play in the Bengals game where everything blew up. Of course we don't know everything about the brain but we do know that sustaining a concussion puts you at an elevated risk to have another one until your brain is given a chance to recover. And who knows if the concussion protocols are even being handled properly since they're still pretending that Tua has had one less concussion than he has actually had. We certainly know that having 4 concussions in a 3 month period is absolutely terrible for your health.

As for being responsible for their own health, do you think all those comments in this thread about room temperature IQs are a joke? Even players who with normal mental faculties will let their competitiveness override their common sense, so of course a bunch of borderline retards can't be trusted to make the right decisions about their health.

Let’s not forget the back injury was early in the game and he was allowed to come back and took another shot that seemed to wobble him again. Had he gone out early maybe he would have still played the next week, but he took a few more shots that left him on the ground badly and then it cascaded the next week against the bengals. This guy likely had 5-6 concussions this year.

Let’s not forget a lot of concussions like hits go unreported and these ones like Tua took are the absolute worst damage, but like taking a jab in the face for 13 rounds the small ones add up.

With the things we have learned about CTE I would bet you could classify every starting NFL player with at least 1-3 concussions a year by definition .

• 2Like

Jozu

Purdy has lead the 49ers to the number 1 scoring team in the league since he took over. 194 points, which is insane.

Its supposed to be a shitty rain day at Levi's on Saturday, which should help the Seahawks. Im thinking it will be a tough game, maybe even a close game. The 49ers have had such a lopsided turnover ratio, hopefully that continues but at some point it goes the other way.

Losing to Seattle would be a disaster. They have a chance to become a real franchise again, it wouldnt be upended by Geno Smith?

• 1Like

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I hope for fantasy Purdy pans out, snagged him in two dynasty leagues and getting a free starting QB is like stealing candy from a baby. I hope for the NFC west that he crumbles after losing a bad playoff game and never recovers so you can go back to QB carousel nightmares.

• 1Worf