2022-23 NFL Season : Herbert's march to Glendale

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Chiefs & Bengals will be top of the AFC again this year. Only a few games in but the Ravens and Bills make mistakes in coaching, and Allen and Jackson make slightly more mistakes than Mahomes or Burrow do.

I hate to doubt my own team but Tua will probably get hurt again because he never throws the ball away or just falls down to avoid being sacked. If he was built like Roethlisberger or could scramble like Kyler Murray it would be admirable, but he's not.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
AFC is back to being a giant suckfest again. Bills are the only balanced team in the AFC, but make erratic choices in game. Chiefs are one Mahomes injury or solid opposing Defense away from turning into the Raiders, but until that happens they have to be the odds on favorite. Rest of the AFC is a giant sea of mediocrity and wasted potential.

NFC is a crapshoot at this point, with very few blowout games. Packers are fucked unless Rodgers stops sniffing his own farts and gets his head back in the game. I don't think anyone really feels like the Eagles or Vikings are for real at this point, despite their records. But aside from the Deadskins most of the NFC is competitive and at/near 500 early on. If you held a gun to my head and made me pick, I would go with Tampa beating Packers in the NFCCG because of how the defenses have started for both squads, but honestly I could see over half the NFC potentially making it to the SB this year.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
AFC is back to being a giant suckfest again. Bills are the only balanced team in the AFC, but make erratic choices in game. Chiefs are one Mahomes injury or solid opposing Defense away from turning into the Raiders, but until that happens they have to be the odds on favorite. Rest of the AFC is a giant sea of mediocrity and wasted potential.

NFC is a crapshoot at this point, with very few blowout games. Packers are fucked unless Rodgers stops sniffing his own farts and gets his head back in the game. I don't think anyone really feels like the Eagles or Vikings are for real at this point, despite their records. But aside from the Deadskins most of the NFC is competitive and at/near 500 early on. If you held a gun to my head and made me pick, I would go with Tampa beating Packers in the NFCCG because of how the defenses have started for both squads, but honestly I could see over half the NFC potentially making it to the SB this year.
Speaking only to the Iggles, that defense is legit. One of the best front 7 in the NFL. The question for them is how much improved from last year is Hurts really? I don't think he'll be that much improved when he starts playing against good defenses late in the year. And I really think he gets exposed in the playoffs after they win the East.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I think the picture on the Eagles would have been clearer if they had not almost blown a couple big leads (Lions game being the most egregious example). I think they have a soft schedule (only one semi-tough road game against the Cowboys; Cowboys and Packers only really semi serious teams to play them all season) and their defense is good enough to assure them their division. But yeah, I think the first team with a solid D they hit in the playoffs will be an issue and the closest thing to that kind of test in the regular season will be the Cowboys D. Biggest plus they have going for them is that front 7 means that teams like Tampa and GB who are leaning heavily on the run game this year will have major issues against them, both of which likely have the best types of defense to face them. They do need to stop playing down to teams and letting them catch up late, though.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
View attachment 435922

listen here, Jets will beat the living shit out of GB and their old gay man QB. Speaking of old, fucking Brady looks like he has aged 10 years in 6 months. He should have stayed retired. What's up with all these old farts not knowing when to hang it up? Rapistburger and Drew "my arm is limp but my neck is long" Brees were last two who stayed too long. The last few years Ben was just cashing in his big checks and Brees was clearly padding his passing yards hoping to retire around the same time as Brady so he wouldn't catch up to him. What I'm trying to say here is that Jets are gonna be above .500 this year and all is good in the world

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I think the picture on the Eagles would have been clearer if they had not almost blown a couple big leads (Lions game being the most egregious example). I think they have a soft schedule (only one semi-tough road game against the Cowboys; Cowboys and Packers only really semi serious teams to play them all season) and their defense is good enough to assure them their division. But yeah, I think the first team with a solid D they hit in the playoffs will be an issue and the closest thing to that kind of test in the regular season will be the Cowboys D. Biggest plus they have going for them is that front 7 means that teams like Tampa and GB who are leaning heavily on the run game this year will have major issues against them, both of which likely have the best types of defense to face them. They do need to stop playing down to teams and letting them catch up late, though.
Uhhh...are you honestly saying the Jags aren't a legit defense?

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
listen here, Jets will beat the living shit out of GB and their old gay man QB. Speaking of old, fucking Brady looks like he has aged 10 years in 6 months. He should have stayed retired. What's up with all these old farts not knowing when to hang it up? Rapistburger and Drew "my arm is limp but my neck is long" Brees were last two who stayed too long. The last few years Ben was just cashing in his big checks and Brees was clearly padding his passing yards hoping to retire around the same time as Brady so he wouldn't catch up to him. What I'm trying to say here is that Jets are gonna be above .500 this year and all is good in the world
I actually just picked the team I liked best.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Brady looking old and Rapistburger staying too long are the only accurate parts of this statement, everything else is wrong.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Uhhh...are you honestly saying the Jags aren't a legit defense?
Not consistently so, no. Both the Deadskins and Eagles put up nearly 30 on them. Their other games were against a beat up Chargers team and shutting out Matt Ryan, so hard to tell at this point. But more to the point, I don't think their main defensive scheme is ideal against a team like the Eagles or most of the better running teams like the NFCE seems to have going on this year. I do think they would absolutely shut down KC which is what I assumed they are building towards.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Brady looking old and Rapistburger staying too long are the only accurate parts of this statement, everything else is wrong.
Yeah Brady clearly is not the same QB anymore without Gronk as a safety blanket. He also got away with being old before now because his line used to be better. Rodgers is just having his usual bad year after two good years (seriously its a pattern with him) where he reverts and holds the ball too fucking long or audibles out into a long pass that fails inevitably leading to a three and out. He is trying to turn Lazard into his new Adams and that is just never going to happen. Luckily, our defense and running game are letting us mostly squeek by. If we lay an egg in London this week, then I think you can start hitting the panic button.

As for Rape Ape, yeah he overstayed his welcome. Many QBs do, especially ones with one or more rings. But the flipside of that is that there is a vacuum of talented options out there and we are in an era where really only premium QBs (even erratic ones like Stafford) get to the SB. No left turn Trubisky was the best the Steelers could come up with and they pretty much knew all year that Big Rapey Ben was leaving at the end of last season. I would love to see it kind of shift back to 90s era NFL where running was mandatory, but between the low shelf life of RBs and the complete kid glove treatment the rules give to QBs and WRs, its not going to happen. If Miami had managed to get Tua killed, we would be playing fucking flag football all season next year, instead of just the probowl.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist

Almost this entire post is going to be egregiously false come December.

Why would you say the Bills are the only balanced team? The Bengals are certainly balanced. The defense has been a top tier unit since the last couple weeks of last season. And we all know what the offense is capable of. After the horrific start of the new OL in the first two games, Burrow has only been sacked twice since. And whadduya know, they put up almost 30 in each of those games.

Sunday's game against the Ravens is a big one. Unfortunately I'll be at a dang welcome cocktail party for a wedding so I'm not sure if I'll be able to watch it.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
So we got Pickett yesterday, I assume he will remain the starter going forward. How long till Sam Howell steps in for Wentz?

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Almost this entire post is going to be egregiously false come December.

Why would you say the Bills are the only balanced team? The Bengals are certainly balanced. The defense has been a top tier unit since the last couple weeks of last season. And we all know what the offense is capable of. After the horrific start of the new OL in the first two games, Burrow has only been sacked twice since. And whadduya know, they put up almost 30 in each of those games.

Sunday's game against the Ravens is a big one. Unfortunately I'll be at a dang welcome cocktail party for a wedding so I'm not sure if I'll be able to watch it.
I have a hard time taking any team that loses to the Cowboys seriously as a contender. Its really as simple as that. Also, the Bengals Special Teams are really shitty and trust me as a Packer fan I know how badly that can bite a team in the ass.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I have a hard time taking any team that loses to the Cowboys seriously as a contender. Its really as simple as that. Also, the Bengals Special Teams are really shitty and trust me as a Packer fan I know how badly that can bite a team in the ass.

Evan McPherson is one of the best kickers in the league lol.

• 1Like

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Not sure what to say. I mean, special teams cost them games last year and the Steelers game this year already. This is also the view of the Bengals own press. And as someone who has watched their team miss at least two Superbowl trips due to special teams miscues, I am skeptical of any team that elects not to shore that part of the game up. Plus there is still that whole losing to the Cowboys thing, though admittedly they had the bad luck of facing Cooper Rush instead of Dak. McCarthy has not had enough time to ruin Rush yet, but that will be coming soon enough.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I seriously doubt you're combing through local Bengals sports talk to intimately know how the local press characterizes their special teams.

According to the SI guy I looked at, the Bengals special teams were #12 last year. One bad play in a game doesn't tell a season's story. I hesitate to call any kicker who's only played 20 games one of the best kickers in the league (it seems no position can falter as easily as a kicker does), but McPherson had five game winning kicks last year and was 9/11 from 50+ yards which is super impressive.

That SI guy ranked the Packers last so you know he's at least somewhat accurate!

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Not consistently so, no. Both the Deadskins and Eagles put up nearly 30 on them. Their other games were against a beat up Chargers team and shutting out Matt Ryan, so hard to tell at this point. But more to the point, I don't think their main defensive scheme is ideal against a team like the Eagles or most of the better running teams like the NFCE seems to have going on this year. I do think they would absolutely shut down KC which is what I assumed they are building towards.
That same Matt Ryan team beat the Chiefs.

I'm not saying Jacksonville's defense is necessarily a world beater, but I don't know how the team with the 4th lowest pts/allowed wouldn't be considered "legit" - at least up to this point in the season.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I mean, special teams cost them games last year and the Steelers game this year already.

Special teams made the game winning plays in both the AFC Divisonal and Conference rounds. McP has been clutch af. His jerseys fucking sold out last year - I think it was the first for a kicker ever. He's regularly called Money Mac. You're pointing the two instances where they didn't play up to par while ignoring the 10 other times they've delivered. He's already made multiple 50+ yarders this season. The Steelers snafu was fluky as hell with the long time long snapper getting a ruptured bicep and a backup TE having to perform the duty.

Worst part of Bengals special teams is the return game. Haven't had a good returner since Pacman.