2022-23 NFL Season : Herbert's march to Glendale

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I don't like that call. He very obviously caught it in bounds and stepped over a tackle
He didn't have control of the ball when both of his feet were touching. Like, it's close, but it seems clear. He only had control after his left foot came up.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Sadly it will never happen, but imagine the shitstorm that would be set off if a coach got so pissed at a ref fuckup that he pulled his team off the field.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Thought it was funny Carr was arguing for a call when it was his own teammate who took out Adams

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He didn't have control of the ball when both of his feet were touching. Like, it's close, but it seems clear. He only had control after his left foot came up.
I get that "technically" it was the right call. It just doesn't feel right because yea he didn't have control of the ball when both feet were in, but he wrested control while he was still in bounds but he had to avoid a tackle and possible injury had he just planted his feet.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
If anyone missed it.

ROFL "worst roughing the passer call ever".

Goddamn, Chiefs fans have become such entitled babies since their first Super Bowl in 50 years. Your franchise is shit, has a whopping 2 Super Bowls and was completely irrelevant for about 4 decades, settle the fuck down.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider

Goddamn, Chiefs fans have become such entitled babies since their first Super Bowl in 50 years. Your franchise is shit, has a whopping 2 Super Bowls and was completely irrelevant for about 4 decades, settle the fuck down.
1665460007168.png

• 5Worf
  • 1Cringe
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 6 users

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>

Show us on the doll where the Chief's fan touched you, lol.

I use to be a Bear's fan, and in general, I'd watch every football game that was on TV for 30+ years until all the racism started. This is the first year I've started watching again and I'm not impressed. Still a Bear's fan but honestly I don't care who wins or loses. The game I grew up watching doesn't exist anymore.

Morbid curiosity, I guess.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

Sports media told me the worst roughing the passer call ever happened just yesterday but I guess the refs are always looking to outdo themselves.

In all fairness though if you assembled a list of the five worst RTP calls ever, that call against Jones would be on the list and a contender for the #1 spot.

• 1Like

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Been adjusting my homerism as a pats fan. Last few weeks pats have looked...decent. Online has possibly gelled QB coming back from injury hopefully will play better with that. Heck zappe has looked decent as the backup. Defense looks ok.

As too the roughing the passer calls this year, its really bad this year on how tick tacky it has been a massive jump due to tua.

With the upcoming soft schedule, I think they can win The next 6 games....barring injuries no worse than 4-2.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
In all fairness though if you assembled a list of the five worst RTP calls ever, that call against Jones would be on the list and a contender for the #1 spot.
ROFL they've been calling horseshit RTP for at least a decade and "landing" on the QB has been a thing for at least the past 4-5 years. Do we not remember all the calls on Matthews during 2018ish? The 2013 call against Brooks that potentially cost the Niners homefield advantage? It's a shitty call and you won the fucking game. As ARod would say...RELAX!

Top 5 my fucking ass. It's no worse than any of these and that's just one season..

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Carr tackled Jones, there was no passer to be roughed.
"A passer who is standing still or fading backward after the ball has left his hand is obviously out of the play and must not be unnecessarily contacted by an opponent through the end of the down or until the passer becomes a blocker, or a runner, or, in the event of a change of possession during the down, until he assumes a distinctly defensive position."

Didn't realize Carr had assumed a distinctly defensive position, my bad!

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
As the ball carrier Jones did not have two arms free to avoid landing on Carr, making that contact necessary.
It's necessary to carry the ball with BOTH hands? The referees did not agree. Thus making it still within the letter of the rule.

Shitty call? Probably, but RTP calls are bullshit like 95% of the time anyhow. Don't like it? Have the league change the rules, which is what they've needed to do for at least a decade. The fact that 10+ years later is STILL isn't reviewable after all the horrible calls says a lot. Suddenly it "hurts" the darlings of the NFL in the Chiefs(because a good, part-time nog QB finally exists), in a game they still won, and it's a contender for the #1 worst RTP call of all-time? ROFL.

• 1Cutler