2022-23 NFL Season : Herbert's march to Glendale

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I feel like some veteran signings are part of goodwill gestures from teams who are trying to please or further their relationship with the agent of players they are actually interested or invested in.

Anyone who proclaims Trey is a bust isnt trying to have an actual discussion, as they obviously dont understand the NFL and how QB development works. He just simply hasnt played enough yet in order to come to that conclusion. The 49ers are stuck with him for at least 2 more years, so either way Lance IS the future, then and now. Whatever Jimmy does this year, playing on a 16 million dollar contract is more than palatable, and it could end up less than that.

Lance getting hurt exposed many problems with this franchise in terms of Kyle Shanahan and his true value to the franchise. He is under a ton of pressure now. His ability as a manager is questionable, he is basically a high powered play caller with a ton of cache given his pedigree. What sucks for him is its basically Super Bowl or bust for the 49ers.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>

Pretty clever to do the surgery when he did if he didn't want to go to Washington and got word of it.
He has a no trade clause in his contract. No need to have surgery, if he didn't want to go to Washington it was totally in his power to just say no.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah man it would totally suck to have a qb that keeps helping your team make runs in the playoffs instead of wasting possibly years to find out if the new guy is a bust or not.
Would you have preferred to keep Goff, or take a chance on another potentially good QB?

We all know exactly what we have in Jimmy, and if the aspiration is to continue to do well and maybe make a Playoff run (assuming he stays healthy), then sure hang with him. We all know the ceiling for Jimmy, and it would appear being able to carry his team to a Super Bowl just isn't it.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
He has a no trade clause in his contract. No need to have surgery, if he didn't want to go to Washington it was totally in his power to just say no.

He has one now but I'm not sure he had one back when he did the surgery.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Would you have preferred to keep Goff, or take a chance on another potentially good QB?

We all know exactly what we have in Jimmy, and if the aspiration is to continue to do well and maybe make a Playoff run (assuming he stays healthy), then sure hang with him. We all know the ceiling for Jimmy, and it would appear being able to carry his team to a Super Bowl just isn't it.

Are you comparing a rookie to a 12 year veteran as the same thing when it comes to "taking a chance" on a QB?

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Are you comparing a rookie to a 12 year veteran as the same thing when it comes to "taking a chance" on a QB?
No, I was simply comparing Goff to Jimmy G

Edit: Let me elaborate. If the Rams were in the same position as the 49ers, would he prefer they just stick it out with Goff, or take a swing on a new young QB.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
No, I was simply comparing Goff to Jimmy G

Edit: Let me elaborate. If the Rams were in the same position as the 49ers, would he prefer they just stick it out with Goff, or take a swing on a new young QB.
Thats strange, they just made that decision and it wasn't a new young QB. Worked out ok too!

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Bengals score three TDs on one drive. One of which was still considered an incomplete catch even after it was an obvious catch.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Gotta say, besides watching my team play, the best thing about football is red zone for the Sunday morning games. Heck it might even be better because I generally don't give a shit what happens.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Thats strange, they just made that decision and it wasn't a new young QB. Worked out ok too!
You're trolling is so odd. I know you are capable of rational football conversation, but just not when it comes to the 49ers I guess.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
You're trolling is so odd. I know you are capable of rational football conversation, but just not when it comes to the 49ers I guess.
Dude was in a Superbowl and the NFC Championship game. It's hard to win in the NFL. I'm not trolling at all. I'd rather have Lance in there too.

Jimmy generally has the Rams number.

• 1Solidarity

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Dude was in a Superbowl and the NFC Championship game. It's hard to win in the NFL. I'm not trolling at all. I'd rather have Lance in there too.

Jimmy generally has the Rams number.
Goff was in a Superbowl and had multiple playoff wins as well, yet you didn't seem to think it was crazy that the Rams moved on from him.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Goff was in a Superbowl and had multiple playoff wins as well, yet you didn't seem to think it was crazy that the Rams moved on from him.
I didn't say it was crazy to move on, but I think moving on for an unproven rookie (essentially rookie) when you have a championship caliber team seems a little crazy.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
I didn't say it was crazy to move on, but I think moving on for an unproven rookie (essentially rookie) when you have a championship caliber team seems a little crazy.
Proven quarterbacks aren't usually available. If the Rams could have traded Goff for the #1 pick in the draft instead of Stafford are you saying that you would have wanted to keep him?

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Proven quarterbacks aren't usually available. If the Rams could have traded Goff for the #1 pick in the draft instead of Stafford are you saying that you would have wanted to keep him?
I mean, unless you have a Peyton Manning sitting there, probably. You guys probably could have had Brady, that would have been a move I would make. I'd also have tried to move everything I can to get Aaron Rodgers.

• 1OK, Sure