2022-23 NFL Season : Herbert's march to Glendale

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Honestly, Schefter getting caught committing blatant plagiarism is arguably a bigger story than the latest tuaxcuse. All he had to do was just link the guy's tweet to credit him but instead he captured the video, cropped it slightly, and reposted it as if it were his own.

Plagiarism of the first guy who recorded something that wasn't his either?

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
If the Chargers win, they clinch a spot, so naturally they're going to do their best to fuck this up.

3rd and 1/2, lose yards. That's about right.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Thought it was obvious.

It's not plagiarism. Recording your TV isn't some creative work you deserve recognition for.
Yeah being 100% wrong could lull you into thinking something was obvious. It doesn't matter what I've recorded, if you use my footage without citing the source you have plagiarized my work.

That being said, if you were actually paying attention instead of just looking for what you thought was an easy argument you would have realized that it was more than just a simple recording. Half the footage is a repeat of the play in slow-mo and focused in on Tua, which the original poster of the clip clearly did himself.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Oh and looking up Schefter reminded me about him getting in trouble for talking about what a shitty QB Haskins was when he died and I found some news that I sure as shit didn't remember hearing about previously but it certainly explains a lot about his death.

.24 BAC with ketamine and norketamine in his system when he died.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Oh and looking up Schefter reminded me about him getting in trouble for talking about what a shitty QB Haskins was when he died and I found some news that I sure as shit didn't remember hearing about previously but it certainly explains a lot about his death.

.24 BAC with ketamine and norketamine in his system when he died.

WTF, .24?!

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Yeah being 100% wrong could lull you into thinking something was obvious. It doesn't matter what I've recorded, if you use my footage without citing the source you have plagiarized my work.

That being said, if you were actually paying attention instead of just looking for what you thought was an easy argument you would have realized that it was more than just a simple recording. Half the footage is a repeat of the play in slow-mo and focused in on Tua, which the original poster of the clip clearly did himself.

You're wrong about that. Almost all concepts of plagiarism require it to be owned by the plagiarized party. If he recorded itself from the stands he would own it, but just recording your TV doesn't take away the NFL's ownership of it.

It's funny you think he can use the NFL's recording and he now owns it, but that doesn't apply to someone else doing the same

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
You're wrong about that. Almost all concepts of plagiarism require it to be owned by the plagiarized party. If he recorded itself from the stands he would own it, but just recording your TV doesn't take away the NFL's ownership of it.

It's funny you think he can use the NFL's recording and he now owns it, but that doesn't apply to someone else doing the same
Using someone else's work without citing your source is plagiarism, plain and simple. You just made that definition of plagiarism up out of thin air. If I went and reposted a video from one of those YT channels that puts together NFL highlight compilations and tried to pass it off as my own work, it would still be plagiarism even if the channel owner doesn't own the rights to the footage.

It's really weird that you're defending what Schefter did and acting like it isn't a cut and dry example of an ethics violation.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
James thrown out for hitting a guy's shoulder.
Just sat there watching the replays a few times, he catches the shoulderpad which he then drives up into the helmet without slowing down. It's not a 'shoulder hit'.

Seeing as how he put Dulin out of the game with a concussion and couldn't even stand up without help after the hit, I'd say it's a legit ejection with a fine coming too.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
I'm okay with Tua being suspended 2 games for lying about his symptoms, then being forced to take some martial arts course on falling/rolling safely when being hit. The dude takes the most awkward hits and landings I've ever seen. Despite how you feel about his ability, it's better for Miami to keep him than it is to go back to riding the QB carousel like they've done for the last 2 decades.

Chargers OL stinks.

I feel like a moron for not realizing that defensive players rotate out constantly while the Oline needs to be in sync and play every snap. Kind of makes sense why fans of almost every team thinks their offensive line stinks.
bb675733de34c053e6cc6e6f8f37253b.jpeg

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
It wasn't just because of hit to the head, it was also he lowered his helmet and hit with the crown which is also a big no no now.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
then being forced to take some martial arts course on falling/rolling safely when being hit.
Purely conjecture but maybe he's trying to protect his hip. Hell, given that we now know he's stupid enough to repeatedly lie about concussion symptoms maybe he lied about his hip being back to 100% when he started playing again.

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm okay with Tua being suspended 2 games for lying about his symptoms, then being forced to take some martial arts course on falling/rolling safely when being hit. The dude takes the most awkward hits and landings I've ever seen. Despite how you feel about his ability, it's better for Miami to keep him than it is to go back to riding the QB carousel like they've done for the last 2 decades.
Why would he get suspended? Every player lies about their injuries. Thats why teams have medical doctors and protocols. The team will get punished before the player.

• 1Like