2022-23 NFL Season : Herbert's march to Glendale

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
The winner between the Jaguars and Titans next week is the true loser, get bounced in the first round and drop significantly in the draft order.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
The winner between the Jaguars and Titans next week is the true loser, get bounced in the first round and drop significantly in the draft order.
More so for the Titans since there's zero chance their backup QBs can do anything meaningful long term and they need a real replacement for Tannenhill. At least the Jags have their QB.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
But they aren’t fun except for their fan bases. This week TN is sitting almost everyone to prep for next week. When they play next week, a bad TN team will try to beat an average Jax team without their starting QB. Many years a bad Miami team and a playoff bound Pats team played for absolutely nothing. What are the Broncos and Chiefs playing for in Week 18?Fun!? Fun like watching the Guaranteed Rate Bowl.

Then divisions shouldn't matter and shouldn't exist. Long time rivalries aren't good for the sport and shouldn't be a thing anymore.

Let fan bases have something fun even after they've been eliminated. I've enjoyed every time a four or five win Bengals team has fucked over the Ravens with an upset in January. What you propose takes out so much of the drama and fun in the sport.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
2 conferences, no divisions, top 7 teams get into playoffs, top team in each conference gets first round bye, 15 game season, every team plays every team in the conference once, AFC never faces NFC except in the Super Bowl.

I don’t know if I’d like it in practice but I like the idea of it. No more bullshit strength of schedule, no more luck on who you’re playing this year. Imagine the difference between drawing the AFC/NFC south this year in your schedule vs the AFC/NFC East.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Tannehill put on IR, wonder if they will bring him back next year. Seems unlikely.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Tannehill put on IR, wonder if they will bring him back next year. Seems unlikely.
I read reports that they wanted to move on from him. But with the GM out now and Willis being benched, maybe not. Could of been the GM wanting to get rid of him.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I'd expect them to be active in the market and ya, if that doesn't pan out you have to keep him

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
iirc Tannehill had one really solid season once he got out of Miami but otherwise has been hovering around the Dalton-Bridgewater line. Good enough that you don't really want to make replacing him a priority, but if you don't think he can bring the Lombardi home then you gotta move on at some point.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
He had two good Titans seasons (only played in 12 games in one of them, though). I think it's clear his time has passed, though. Willis really doesn't look like he belongs on an NFL field so Tannehill might be back to stay the course while some other QB draft pick tries to get up to speed.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Wonder where Baker Mayfield will end up.

Frankly I'm not sold on 35 year old coming off a terrible season and injured Stafford but I don't see any way they don't give him another year as the starter.

Not that I'm sold on Baker either but it's pretty obvious he's fitting in here so far and is quite a bit younger. Also it's clear our other backups don't belong in the NFL so even when Stafford gets another year you need a better option behind him.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Hard to see Baker sticking around if Stafford is back next year. He’s gonna get a shot somewhere with how he’s done with the rams at this point

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I don’t see Baker back either unless he takes a peanuts deal. Too many teams need QBs next season and will overpay him because of where he was drafted.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Wonder where Baker Mayfield will end up.

Frankly I'm not sold on 35 year old coming off a terrible season and injured Stafford but I don't see any way they don't give him another year as the starter.

Not that I'm sold on Baker either but it's pretty obvious he's fitting in here so far and is quite a bit younger. Also it's clear our other backups don't belong in the NFL so even when Stafford gets another year you need a better option behind him.
I think better long term outlook for the Rams would be to move on from Stafford and take a shot with Mayfield. But like you said, probably wouldn't happen.

Stafford already said he isn't retiring (pretty sure I read that somewhere), hopefully the dude doesn't get himself permanently injured before he retires.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I think better long term outlook for the Rams would be to move on from Stafford and take a shot with Mayfield. But like you said, probably wouldn't happen.

Stafford already said he isn't retiring (pretty sure I read that somewhere), hopefully the dude doesn't get himself permanently injured before he retires.
This has to be something the organization is struggling with.

The 8 year age difference is pretty big. How many years does Stafford even want to play? Then what? A possible 27 year old franchise qb fell into your laps vs sticking with a guy that is one injury away from hanging it up.

Baker on the other hand should think long and hard about the same thing, he likely will get a better offer and one to start, but it's pretty obvious he probably won't thrive with sub par coaching.

I think he takes a starting opportunity somewhere else but it will be very interesting to see how this all turns out a few years from now.

All things said I think prime Stafford is better than Baker but I'm not just looking at next year.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
This has to be something the organization is struggling with.

The 8 year age difference is pretty big. How many years does Stafford even want to play? Then what? A possible 27 year old franchise qb fell into your laps vs sticking with a guy that is one injury away from hanging it up.

Baker on the other hand should think long and hard about the same thing, he likely will get a better offer and one to start, but it's pretty obvious he probably won't thrive with sub par coaching.

I think he takes a starting opportunity somewhere else but it will be very interesting to see how this all turns out a few years from now.

All things said I think prime Stafford is better than Baker but I'm not just looking at next year.
For purely selfish reasons, I hope Mayfield doesn't stick around LA. I think that is the perfect situation for him and he could really shine.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I don't think it is very easy for them to get away from Stafford if he wants to stay? Money wise.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Surely you mean "pay him what he's worth because his career as a whole has shown him to be an above average QB"
I think that's pretty obvious from watching his throws the past 3 weeks, it's not even close to the other two backups the Rams have started this year.

That said situation is everything in the NFL.