2022-23 NFL Season : Herbert's march to Glendale

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So out of sheer morbid curiosity I did a search and got a pretty weird result. Did my computer just travel through time?

1672715358462.png

• 2Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
So out of sheer morbid curiosity I did a search and got a pretty weird result. Did my computer just travel through time?

View attachment 451142
I mean, you can see the time it's actually pulling from in the tweet -- 9:23 EST. So it's just giving you a different time zone, probably the default for the search server or something equally dumb. The three second thing seems like some shitty time conversion bug being done by the algorithm that's offering that up as the "answer" to your search, or else Twitter has the actual to the second time in the code but hidden from plain view.

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I mean, you can see the time it's actually pulling from in the tweet -- 9:23 EST.
Yes thank you captain obvious, it was the January 03 part that was throwing me off, but that's because it's already tomorrow in UTC as Breakdown pointed out. and yes as people have now noticed, the tweet doesnt even exist. Not sure it ever existed.

So anyway if he's in critical condition/needs intubation, that raises some very serious fucking questions about the delay in the parking lot.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Video of the hit hasn't been deleted yet.

Looks like he got shoulderbutted straight in the sternum at high velocity by the guy in the 65 jersey.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Only justifiable reason that has come to mind for the amberlamps delay is that Hamlin coded again and the driver had to hop into the back to help restabilize him. That still doesn't seem right to me but alas it's getting hard to remember how much of my knowledge is based on conversations with actual medical personnel and how much of it just from watching too many medical dramas. Maybe one of them (or both) are full on ALS paramedics or whatever instead of just EMTs.

• 1Worf

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Assuming DickTrickle was right and Hamlin was shoulderpadded at just the right point to cause Commotio Cordis, you then have to wonder if you can even defibrilate in shoulder pads, if medical staff spent too much time going through the (to be clear, far more likely) concussion checks before they hit heart function, etc.

I wasn't watching at the time, how long a gap was there from impact to CPR?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Only justifiable reason that has come to mind for the amberlamps delay is that Hamlin coded again and the driver had to hop into the back to help restabilize him. That still doesn't seem right to me but alas it's getting hard to remember how much of my knowledge is based on conversations with actual medical personnel and how much of it just from watching too many medical dramas. Maybe one of them (or both) are full on ALS paramedics or whatever instead of just EMTs.
I mean, both teams have full medical staff with doctors. I have to imagine a doctor was in the back of the ambulance.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I mean, both teams have full medical staff with doctors. I have to imagine a doctor was in the back of the ambulance.
I'm trying to come up with scenarios that ethically justify the delay in the parking lot which means dismissing logical assumptions like that.

• 1Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Assuming DickTrickle was right and Hamlin was shoulderpadded at just the right point to cause Commotio Cordis, you then have to wonder if you can even defibrilate in shoulder pads, if medical staff spent too much time going through the (to be clear, far more likely) concussion checks before they hit heart function, etc.

I wasn't watching at the time, how long a gap was there from impact to CPR?

The announcement of cpr came at 9 minutes. So clearly it started before then, no idea when. They did say they had him on a back board, loading him into the ambulance when he coded and for was needed. So hopefully right away, but I would imagine if his heart stopped at the collapse till they started that would be 7-8 minutes which is crazy

My hope from a medical standpoint with my limited knowledge is he suffered a heart attack or something like it, was breathing but in distress, and they prepped him for transport before another crash meaning they didn’t just let him time out

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The most likely scenario that I have become to embrace more and more is that nobody there had any idea what the fuck to do and probably made as many stupid decisions possible.

• 1Rustled