2022-23 NFL Season : Herbert's march to Glendale

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
one option, give everyone a bye week, except bills bengals, they play the game then NEXT week play week 18 (game 17)and then have the playoffs with only a week before the conference champ and the super bowl.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Ya, I like cancel the pro bowl week to get the game in after week 18(so the season ends for all the players not in the playoffs) the best out of all the options I've heard.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Just give both teams a tie if they need that 17th game. I don’t think changing scenarios should matter after what happened. Are you confident in your team? Can you do like the Bengals last year?

At this point, players have enough to worry about without trying to cram one game in for two teams already easily in the playoffs.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I am assuming the Bills actually play a game this weekend, and honestly, I wouldn't be surprised they are not even remotely ready to step on the field and be in the right mind to play a game of football and it not be a safety issue to have them on the field.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I am assuming the Bills actually play a game this weekend, and honestly, I wouldn't be surprised they are not even remotely ready to step on the field and be in the right mind to play a game of football and it not be a safety issue to have them on the field.
Or it could go the exact opposite of that. When I was getting recruited in high school and coaches would come to my house for dinner one set of coaches told this tory about a game they had lost a few years prior.

A player on the opposing team died and no one was sure how that team would react. Here is what they said "the team of the dead player came out of the locker room with arms locked. They walked to the closest end zone while keeping arms locked. They then took a knee in unison and pointed to the sky. The coaches said they looked at each other and knew they were fucked." They ended up getting blown out by the team of the dead player.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
Related to that, I wonder if resuming the game soon would be more of a mindfuck for the Bengals than the Bills...taking to the field again to battle the same guys whose teammate one of your bros just sent into possibly a vegetative state or worse, which has the attention and focus of virtually the entire country. Obviously that was not at all his intent, but that must be a huge mental hurdle to clear ahead of a game.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Related to that, I wonder if resuming the game soon would be more of a mindfuck for the Bengals than the Bills...taking to the field again to battle the same guys whose teammate one of your bros just sent into possibly a vegetative state or worse, which has the attention and focus of virtually the entire country. Obviously that was not at all his intent, but that must be a huge mental hurdle to clear ahead of a game.
Maybe, but it's not like the hit was illegal or cheap. It was just an awkward angle at the exact perfect millisecond in time to cause the CC. Assuming it was actually CC.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Or it could go the exact opposite of that. When I was getting recruited in high school and coaches would come to my house for dinner one set of coaches told this tory about a game they had lost a few years prior.

A player on the opposing team died and no one was sure how that team would react. Here is what they said "the team of the dead player came out of the locker room with arms locked. They walked to the closest end zone while keeping arms locked. They then took a knee in unison and pointed to the sky. The coaches said they looked at each other and knew they were fucked." They ended up getting blown out by the team of the dead player.

Doesn't really seem like a good comparable scenario, there was a finality in that the player died and that became the motivation for the players to honor him in that way. The mental state of the players had some resolve to it. If we get some positive news about Damar soon it could certainly turn to that direction, but currently they are still in a mental limbo state.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
In the Denmark match last summer (basically the same situation, player "died" on field but was resuscitated), they resumed the match after a few hours I believe that same day. With implications as large as they are here, I can't see how they don't reschedule the game at some point.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
In the Denmark match last summer (basically the same situation, player "died" on field but was resuscitated), they resumed the match after a few hours I believe that same day. With implications as large as they are here, I can't see how they don't reschedule the game at some point.
Also, do they start the game fresh or do they resume play at the time of injury?

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

People die every day and the world moves on. Players have family members that die and maybe miss a game, but not the entire season.

No problem with them postponing or cancelling the game, but you don't just close down the NFL

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
What the fuck is this pathetic shit? I was 100% on board with not making them resume the game that same night but yall can fuck right off with this soft ass shit. The Redskins came out and fought tooth and nail against a far superior Bills team the week that Sean Taylor was murdered, and could have won if Joe Gibbs wasn't a retard. Brett Favre got a standing ovation from some of the shittiest fans in the entire country and went on to pass for 400 yrds and 4 TDs the day after his father died. Kwon Alexander played the best game of his career 2 days after his brother was murdered. Torrey Smith balled the fuck out later in the same fucking day his brother died in a motorcycle accident.

Damar Hamlin isn't even dead.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Didnt Marquise Goodwin play a game for the Niners the same day his newborn child died?

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
What the fuck is this pathetic shit? I was 100% on board with not making them resume the game that same night but yall can fuck right off with this soft ass shit. The Redskins came out and fought tooth and nail against a far superior Bills team the week that Sean Taylor was murdered, and could have won if Joe Gibbs wasn't a retard. Brett Favre got a standing ovation from some of the shittiest fans in the entire country and went on to pass for 400 yrds and 4 TDs the day after his father died. Kwon Alexander played the best game of his career 2 days after his brother was murdered. Torrey Smith balled the fuck out later in the same fucking day his brother died in a motorcycle accident.

Damar Hamlin isn't even dead.

Whoa bigot! That was a different time, different NFL. Thursday and Monday night games are unfair and so are more than 14 padded practices a season. QBs aren’t allowed to be hit and the Cowboys got this! Get with the program!

In seriousness, I wish Hamlin the best and a full recovery. Go Chargers!

• 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Nester Nester Lunis Lunis
you guys are our token bills fans. That tackle looked awkward to me even before contact. Is that how hamlin always tackles?

• 1Picard