2022-23 NFL Season : Herbert's march to Glendale

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
He pushed a trainer then acted like he was the victim duck this stupid jogger nuke their entire race of animal monkeys

Come on with this fuckin bullshit.

Perhaps a separate thread could be created about the effects that the black predisposition towards violence has on sports and then this conversation wouldn't need to clog up the National Felon League thread.

I'm calling out Breakdown Breakdown specifically for the genocide comment, get out of here with that shit. The rest of you better keep the discussion football related or take it to the PCC.

Don't make me do my job goddammit.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'm calling out Breakdown Breakdown specifically for the genocide comment, get out of here with that shit. The rest of you better keep the discussion football related or take it to the PCC.

This is how the encounter would go if they met Brahma IRL.
buster keaton GIF

• 6Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 7 users

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
Commanders fired there offensive coordinator, assume Ron is gonna remain in place for the potential new owners?
The assumption(hope) is Ron is a lame duck coach who will be replaced by a new owner this time next year. So any OC he brings in should likely be aware its just a one year try-out for other teams. Also Ron will want to bring in an OC who fits his 'style' of offense that is based entirely on 2-3yard runs.

Will be funny to watch it play out. He Loooves to hire yes-men who have worked for him, so maybe he will find some ex-panthers RB coach to just call runs every down.

But who knows, maybe he will pick someone good and next year he will prove to a new owner that he is worth keeping around. all that really matters to most fans like me, is that there is a new owner.

Another thing that has me scared about this lame duck staff is they have no incentive to build anything. Since ron is basically the GM, he could pull a bill O'Brian and fuck the franchise with awful trades on his way out the door.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
This is how the encounter would go if they met Brahma IRL.
buster keaton GIF
Well seeing as how I got along just fine with the family members that came over for Christmas two weeks ago, yes I imagine Brahma and I would have a couple beers without issue.

The assumption(hope) is Ron is a lame duck coach who will be replaced by a new owner this time next year. So any OC he brings in should likely be aware its just a one year try-out for other teams. Also Ron will want to bring in an OC who fits his 'style' of offense that is based entirely on 2-3yard runs.

Will be funny to watch it play out. He Loooves to hire yes-men who have worked for him, so maybe he will find some ex-panthers RB coach to just call runs every down.

But who knows, maybe he will pick someone good and next year he will prove to a new owner that he is worth keeping around. all that really matters to most fans like me, is that there is a new owner.

Another thing that has me scared about this lame duck staff is they have no incentive to build anything. Since ron is basically the GM, he could pull a bill O'Brian and fuck the franchise with awful trades on his way out the door.
I don't understand how they're getting away with throwing a two year OC under the bus to cover for Rivera being a shitty coach. Even if yall never stood a chance of bringing home the trophy, the way he deliberately sabotaged your season there at the end should have legit torch and pitchfork mobs out for blood.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I get leaving him in place till new owners come around, going out and getting Hackett before the new owners took over in Denver sure as fuck didn't work out

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Steering the discussion back, maybe Tebow dominated college football because college football is a joke. What was the score of the finals this year?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Steering the discussion back, maybe Tebow dominated college football because college football is a joke. What was the score of the finals this year?
Or maybe Tebow never dominated college football in the first place? A lot of his success, especially in that Heisman year, came on the ground, but that was NEVER going to translate into NFL success.

Tebow 2007 - 3286/32 passing, 895/23 rushing

compare that to

Newton 2010 - 2854/30, 1473/20

Lamar 2016 - 3543/30, 1571/21
Lamar 2017 - 3660/27, 1601/18

Cam and Lamar weren't playing behind a future first round pick 9 time pro-bowler and his twin brother on the offensive line when they put up those numbers.

Seriously, look at how many people on that team went on to have respectable NFL careers. Cam and Lamar put up their numbers playing with a bunch of nobodies.

"Dominating college football" is Barry Sanders still holding the single season yardage record 35 years later, with only two players even coming close during those 35 years even though they played 14 games to Barry's 11.

Charles Woodson, Ndomakung Suh, Herschel Walker, those are some dudes that you can use the word "dominated" with when talking about college ball.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden

Ok maybe after a handful of tall strong old fashioned j took my shit posting a little too far for the NFL thread and my normally over the top
Bombastic statements to fuck around for taken seriously and we’re unfair to post.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Got me. Hard to imagine him walking away after a season like this but it's not like I know what he's thinking.

We'll probably suck for a long time if it happens.

the jump to doing TV doesn’t look nearly as appealing this year as it did last year, so you’ve got that going for you on him returning

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Ok maybe after a handful of tall strong old fashioned j took my shit posting a little too far for the NFL thread and my normally over the top
Bombastic statements to fuck around for taken seriously and we’re unfair to post.

You be cool and we'll be cool. We've got other threads where you can go vent in that manner if you need to.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
McVay is getting roasted all over right now for him potentially walking away. Trade away every pick for 10 years and then leave when it hits rock bottom after one bad season.

• 2Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Ok
McVay is getting roasted all over right now for him potentially walking away. Trade away every pick for 10 years and then leave when it hits rock bottom after one bad season.

Did they enjoy it when they held that trophy?

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Warpath

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Commanders fired there offensive coordinator, assume Ron is gonna remain in place for the potential new owners?
lol, i guess the OC decided to sign wentz and then start him for the 'win to get in' game? he deserved to get canned then

hopefully ron fined him for a political opinion on the way out too

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
lol, i guess the OC decided to sign wentz and then start him for the 'win to get in' game? he deserved to get canned then

hopefully ron fined him for a political opinion on the way out too
Buck still stops with Rivera doesn't it? He had to approve of that stupidity, although I guess firing Turner isn't exactly throwing him under the bus if Wentz was HIS idea. I was gonna say something about talent skipping a generation, but it doesn't seem like Norv accomplished much of note during his career aside from being the only coach in the history of the NFL to make it past 100 wins but retire with a losing record.

If the Commies don't turn things around Rivera could end up joining Norv in that '100 wins with an overall losing record' club. He's 98-90 and this year's mediocre 8-8-1 was the closest he's come to taking Washington to a winning record.

• 2Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Norv Turner is another good example of a fairly successful coordinator (as much as one person's contribution from a successful team can be) but a mediocre head coach.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users