2022-23 NFL Season : Herbert's march to Glendale

Warpath

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I don't understand how they're getting away with throwing a two year OC under the bus to cover for Rivera being a shitty coach. Even if yall never stood a chance of bringing home the trophy, the way he deliberately sabotaged your season there at the end should have legit torch and pitchfork mobs out for blood.

its probably a good career move for turner....

mcv-shan-laf-wash.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

Damn feel bad for the Dolphins and for Tua's future. He was having a great season until getting 3+ concussions in a short span. Could be a career ender.

Free win for the Bills vs Skylar Thompson.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Ya, I wonder if he should be playing anymore for sure. I would also think, even if he was cleared to play, between his concussion(s) and Hamlin the NFL doesn't want him on the field anymore this year at all.

• 3Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
After the last concussion Tua was having memory issues and drifiting out of coherence. Scary shit. He needs to take a few months off and see where he stands. I feel bad for him, the NFL and his coaches failed him.

• 3Like

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Still doesnt stop him from looking like a weak bitch.
It will be even more amusing when he pulls an Arians, and comes back to coaching when the perfect situation presents itself.

Wonder if all the shit talking will get to him and prevent him from leaving though.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden

If Im the bills, I win this weekend against the phins while Damar is at home, and then if hes feeling up to it, have him in the locker room before the bengals game. Then put him in the Owners box. Thats the lift these guys need to get through the bengals rematch. Would be nice for the Bengals too i would imagine, a weight off their shoulders too to see him doing well.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
It will be even more amusing when he pulls an Arians, and comes back to coaching when the perfect situation presents itself.

Wonder if all the shit talking will get to him and prevent him from leaving though.

Meh, Him and the GM and owner made a deal, whatever it takes to win a ring. They are fine with it. I dont blame him for leaving. He did something for the Rams every team i nthe league would be crazy not to agree to.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Tebow probably isn't even in the top ten of that list.

As for Heisman winners since Tebow, it's plainly not some clear indication of future NFL success.

DeVonta Smith - off to an ok start with the Eagles
Joe Burrow - first ballot HoF induction if the turnstiles he plays behind don't force him into early retirement
Kyler Murray - too early to call him an outright draft bust but he's an undisciplined clown who can't perform when it matters
Baker Mayfield - Promising start derailed by an incompetent franchise that let him play through an injury, whether he gets back on track or putters out probably depends on where he ends up next year
Lamar Jackson - Initially seemed like the best yet of the 'Black running back with an arm' archetype, but with two seasons in a row cut short by injury who knows if he'll even surpass Newton
Derrick Henry - future hall of famer
Marcus Mariota - No real success, but not bad enough to be out of the league yet.
Jameis Winston - Put up a lot of numbers just by heaving the ball and praying, but was a turnover machine, never got the Bucs to the playoffs, and now can't stay healthy
Johnny Manziel - lol
Robert Griffin III - who knows if Shanahan ruined him or if he was always made of glass, but he plainly can't stay healthy playing at the NFL level
Cam Newton - It's sad that this gutless coward will probably end up in the HoF because of his skin color.
Mark Ingram II - Solid but unexceptional RB
Sam Bradford - Mediocrity and injury prone is not a great combination

Heisman winners actually get significantly worse beyond this point, 2003 wasn't even drafted.

I think the takeaway from this is that playing NFL quarterback is way harder than college QB. Running back translates a bit better.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think the takeaway from this is that playing NFL quarterback is way harder than college QB. Running back translates a bit better.
I think it's less about the position and more that you have to be truly exceptional to beat out the QBs for votes given how much bias there is in their favor. That little selection of winners above is 1 WR, 2 RB, and 10 QBs.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Tim Tebow has the worst throwing motion and slowest release I've ever seen in an NFL game. When you gotta get the ball out in less than 3 seconds, adding an extra 0.4s to your release is a huge detriment.
Steve Young is hilarious when he talks about Tebow's throwing motion. He tried to help him at one point and Tebow wound up being insulted but it was along the lines of "You're such a great athlete you throw the ball like a retarded monkey and it actually gets where you want it to go sometimes. That's amazing!".

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
Just proves the point that a lot of it comes down to right place, right time, and a willingness/ability to learn and change. Someone like Tom House is the reason why Brady is still able to throw with power/accuracy at his age. Imagine if someone like that would have worked with Tebow (and he was willing to learn).

Look at how Josh Allen got better since his first 2 years - he made changes to his throwing motion a lot to get more accurate. His completion % was really low his first 2 to 2.5 years

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
its probably a good career move for turner....

mcv-shan-laf-wash.jpg

This actively hurts to see. On the other hand I can pretty confidently say Scott Turner will not go on to do what these guys have done success wise.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
This actively hurts to see. On the other hand I can pretty confidently say Scott Turner will not go on to do what these guys have done success wise.
It's a shame you ended that sentence by qualifying it with 'success wise' cause I was really gonna uncork on the first two (no matter how much I rag on McVay, it always kinda bounces off of that SB win)

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I think it's less about the position and more that you have to be truly exceptional to beat out the QBs for votes given how much bias there is in their favor. That little selection of winners above is 1 WR, 2 RB, and 10 QBs.

We could test that theory by comparing the doak walker (top RB) award winners to the Davey O'Brian (top QB) winners.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
49ers opponents were 0-15 after playing them the previous week. Unbelievable stat, and a testament to how physical that team is. Watching Warner fly around like a heat seeking missile out there is eye opening, all of their defenders (and offensive players) play so hard. Teams are just beat up.