2022 NFL Offseason Thread: Looking forward Tua better future!

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

Interesting take on how Jimmy could end up staying with the 49'ers.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Can't eyeroll any harder. Florio is wrong about his 49er takes roughly 99% of the time.

All of this speculation is just old, and I can't wait for the season to start so we can find out WTF is going on and move the fuck on.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
yet, it sounds like something the 49'ers would absolutely do.

• 1Like

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
I was pretty surprised that that whole thing seemed to have just gone away. I guess it didn't. I'd say it sucks to be a Browns fan but it's kind of redundant.

I'm sure the Browns we're hoping it went away, the tear floods will be must watch tv.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I read the NFL met with Watson last week so the timing of this is coming when the NFL is expected to announce what sort of punishment he will or won't be receiving some time in June.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
His new Browns contract pays him virtually nothing this year, by the way, nor has Baker been traded.

That said, if Watson avoids serious penalties, the Browns can safely deal Baker elsewhere.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
yeah thats why I said 'suspended for the 2023 season' instead. I feel like there is no way the NFL is going to let the Browns get away with that contract.

• 1Like

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Totally missed the 3 there, while I like the concept, unless he's suspended for two years, NFL regular season punishments nearly always take place immediately (at least, I can't think of any exceptions).

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
They way the punishment system works now, they can punish him this season before the trials happen(they will not happen until next year) and reserve the right to take further punishment once those trials do happen. I imagine every single owner besides Haslem wouldn't mind seeing that just because of that contract and nothing to do with him being guilty or whatever.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Kind of insane how good this dude has been. I wonder how much longer he can be dominant.

• 1Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Kind of insane how good this dude has been. I wonder how much longer he can be dominant.

Last few years, been debating who the best players in the league are, and it's literally like 3-4 QB's and him. And you can easily make the argument he's the best player, not just now, but potentially ever...at least defensively.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I tend to agree. You think about players like Lawrence Taylor who completely altered the game, and I would put Donald right up there with him.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I tend to agree. You think about players like Lawrence Taylor who completely altered the game, and I would put Donald right up there with him.

Yeah that's pretty much the only guy I can think of who just did things from his position at the time that just no one else was even remotely close to. Could maybe squeak in a corner like Prime Time or Revis in their prime, but those were shorter. Lott or Ed Reed as a safety?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Ronnie Lott would be thrown out every game he would play in today's game and suspended the following one. Those big hits would be considered targeting a defenseless receiver.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
That's a great name for a linebacker. Anyone who makes fun of his name, he can take their head off on the next play.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users