2022 NFL Offseason Thread: Looking forward Tua better future!

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'd imagine this is almost always the case with 90%+ of the cases when there are a ton of cases against someone. Not to say there isn't people that did actually get hurt in the group, just that most are likely consensual and looking for a payday.

For sure, once it started snowballing to 20+ that fast, you knew there were going to be some jumping on the bandwagon looking for $$.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Interesting random story a friend sent me, apparently from the NFL hearings on Watson. One of the potential women they were going to interview apparently has an adult son who was interviewed, and he stated that originally his mother had nothing but complementary things to say about Watson, but once the other allegations popped up, she changed her story. There was an implied thought that she was going to reward him for his silence, too. Obviously they didn't end up featuring her account at the hearing.

Have a link to that? Can't imagine why her son would be interviewed in the first place and why he would sell his own mother out.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Probably because high powered lawyers will stop at nothing to get their client off even if he is an absolute scumfuck. I imagine in situations like this about 10 people that know each witness were asked questions to look for even the smallest inconsistency.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>

she looks quite mifly, I'd fuck her raw in the ass with only her sweat as lube

also, it's quite clear why she was hired, not because of her color (it was an added bonus) but for her connection to the Nevada Gaming Control Board. No doubt Raiders are cooking something and hope that she gives them an advantage.

• 1Like

Merrith

That actually makes me believe Watson less.

The son only gets involved if he wants to and the idea that the mom would pay for his "silence" when he had nothing to do with any of it doesn't make any sense either.

The fact the NFL basically pivoted away from this woman after this came out means they at least thought the son's account was credible. This was something they ended up bringing to the attention of Watson's lawyers by the sound of it...doesn't really make me believe his side less or more. With this many accusers, was always likely some were just hopping on for potential $$$ while there likely were some with legit complaints. 66 different masseuses in 17 months is pretty crazy, broad range to expose himself to.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
The fact the NFL basically pivoted away from this woman after this came out means they at least thought the son's account was credible. This was something they ended up bringing to the attention of Watson's lawyers by the sound of it...doesn't really make me believe his side less or more. With this many accusers, was always likely some were just hopping on for potential $$$ while there likely were some with legit complaints. 66 different masseuses in 17 months is pretty crazy, broad range to expose himself to.

100% there are several, if not most, just looking for a payday.

The son's story just doesn't add up.

Merrith

100% there are several, if not most, just looking for a payday.

The son's story just doesn't add up.

What doesn't add up? Mom originally was like "yeah he was cool to work with", son watches her change her story after the fact, calls her out on the bs. Definitely could be him just lashing out for whatever reason, but it's not super outlandish.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
What doesn't add up? Mom originally was like "yeah he was cool to work with", son watches her change her story after the fact, calls her out on the bs. Definitely could be him just lashing out for whatever reason, but it's not super outlandish.

His involvement in the first place. Why would he even talk to the NFL? His mom not telling him anything or talking to him about it, but somehow implies his "silence" means he'll get a big payday? What silence? He's not even saying she told him it wasn't true, just that she never talked about it.

Him just offering all this up for no reason and giving up free money for doing nothing while selling his mom out at the same time. Not giving anything definitive that could be considered perjury if he had to say it under oath.

Literally all of it sounds like BS

• 1Like

Merrith

His involvement in the first place. Why would he even talk to the NFL? His mom not telling him anything or talking to him about it, but somehow implies his "silence" means he'll get a big payday? What silence? He's not even saying she told him it wasn't true, just that she never talked about it.

Him just offering all this up for no reason and giving up free money for doing nothing while selling his mom out at the same time. Not giving anything definitive that could be considered perjury if he had to say it under oath.

Literally all of it sounds like BS

I assume he'd talk to the NFL b/c they would investigate any woman they brought in order to try to justify a long suspension. If any of them seemed like they weren't solid stories, they'd try to dig on it to figure out if they were usable so they wouldn't get made to look stupid by Watson's side if a story/witness was soft or something.

Maybe the kid didn't want to see a man getting falsely accused? There's no evidence the "reward for silence" thing is even real, it was just implied in some way and seemed plausible enough I guess for the investigators. The woman's story was discredited enough by all of this, so she wasn't one of the women the NFL actually presented at the hearing.

I'm not even sure they'll get a full year suspension since there was no threat of violence or coercion of any kind presented. I guess they could still try to make an example of him, but who knows.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Albert Breer (Sports Illustrated) was on Ryen Russillo's podcast yesterday. He had some really good insight into what is probably going to happen on the DeShaun Watson situation.

Basically, the NFL wants the public perception to be that they wanted to come down hard on Watson. But, they know the case is shaky at best. So, they leaked it that they are seeking an indefinite/1 year suspension, so when the arbitrator views all the "evidence" and gives him something like a 6-8 game suspension, the NFL can feign moral outrage along with the public.

But, they (the NFL) stands to gain more of getting Watson back on the field sooner rather than later. The Browns being competitive and Watson getting rehabilitated is good for business.

So, expect something like 6-8 games and for him to be on the field for at least half of the year.

• 1Like

Merrith

Albert Breer (Sports Illustrated) was on Ryen Russillo's podcast yesterday. He had some really good insight into what is probably going to happen on the DeShaun Watson situation.

Basically, the NFL wants the public perception to be that they wanted to come down hard on Watson. But, they know the case is shaky at best. So, they leaked it that they are seeking an indefinite/1 year suspension, so when the arbitrator views all the "evidence" and gives him something like a 6-8 game suspension, the NFL can feign moral outrage along with the public.

But, they (the NFL) stands to gain more of getting Watson back on the field sooner rather than later. The Browns being competitive and Watson getting rehabilitated is good for business.

So, expect something like 6-8 games and for him to be on the field for at least half of the year.

This all sounds pretty plausible on the NFL's part.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
but can't Watson make a pretty sound argument that he basically already served a one year suspension?

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Finally have the white helmets to match. What a dope uniform.

• 8Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 8 users