2022 NFL Offseason Thread: Looking forward Tua better future!

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
Dear lord the Bengals are fucked with Burrow and Chase. We need to win in the next two years.
Those contracts are going to be YUGE. No way they will be able to keep Higgins and Boyd as their #2 AND #3 WR. They are just going to have to keep replacing those positions with draft picks on cheap rookie contracts every 4-5 years. If the O-line can at least give Joe Burrow an extra 1 second in the pocket, him and Chase are going to do some amazing things this year. Collins and Cappa (2 out of the 3 new lineman) are dealing with injuries already so thats not looking good so far.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Cappa is already back. Don't like the start of Collins though. Another back injury that's kept him out before.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

The Browns must be happy right now. I was expecting the year personally. Especially considering the amount of gold diggers coming out of the woodwork.

Man. The future for the Browns looks...good.

• 1Like

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
So it sounds like the judge pretty much had her hands tied with the way the NFL presented it. Pulled this from another forum

The language in the CBA called for a 6 game suspension unless there were aggravating factors (i.e. prior violations). The issue with the language in the CBA is that they didn't count the multiple allegations as individual, they only counted them as one big violation. Second: The NFL only provided the judge with 5 of the cases, not all 24.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Albert Breer (Sports Illustrated) was on Ryen Russillo's podcast yesterday. He had some really good insight into what is probably going to happen on the DeShaun Watson situation.

Basically, the NFL wants the public perception to be that they wanted to come down hard on Watson. But, they know the case is shaky at best. So, they leaked it that they are seeking an indefinite/1 year suspension, so when the arbitrator views all the "evidence" and gives him something like a 6-8 game suspension, the NFL can feign moral outrage along with the public.

But, they (the NFL) stands to gain more of getting Watson back on the field sooner rather than later. The Browns being competitive and Watson getting rehabilitated is good for business.

So, expect something like 6-8 games and for him to be on the field for at least half of the year.
And.... Albert Breer nailed it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So the LA Rams are literally the second most valuable NFL franchise, behind the Cowboys, who are the most valuable franchise in ALL of sports, worth 600 million more than the Yankees. (7.6 billion)

That is surprising to me, is it the market? The Rams dont even have a real fan base for fucks sake how is the team so valuable?

Animosity

Probably market and the fact that they just won the SB gave them some temporary inflation.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Brand new stadium is a big part of it too I think.

• 1Like

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Those contracts are going to be YUGE. No way they will be able to keep Higgins and Boyd as their #2 AND #3 WR. They are just going to have to keep replacing those positions with draft picks on cheap rookie contracts every 4-5 years. If the O-line can at least give Joe Burrow an extra 1 second in the pocket, him and Chase are going to do some amazing things this year. Collins and Cappa (2 out of the 3 new lineman) are dealing with injuries already so thats not looking good so far.
It's a mistake by Cinci to not invest more into the O-line imo. There was an 18 game streak (over 2 seasons) where Dan Marino wasn't sacked once. In the 1988 season, Marino was only sacked 7 times.

I'm not saying you shouldn't pay your WR's, but Burrow with a good O-line would be a pairing that would be something really special.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
It's a mistake by Cinci to not invest more into the O-line imo. There was an 18 game streak (over 2 seasons) where Dan Marino wasn't sacked once. In the 1988 season, Marino was only sacked 7 times.

I'm not saying you shouldn't pay your WR's, but Burrow with a good O-line would be a pairing that would be something really special.

People keep saying this ignoring the fact that they bought an entirely new OL this offseason. Three new starters. Some they even stole from good teams.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy

Probably one of the main reasons Brady has had so much success the last two years as well. 21 & 22 sacks, not a career low for him, that was 2009 with 16 sacks. He had fewer in 2016 but I believe that was the 4 game suspension season, so only 12 regular season games. Brady/Bucs did have the lowest in the NFL in 2021, which was also the first year with a 17 game season. If you remove the Colts matchup (the extra game added) it brings the 2021 total down to 19. And almost the lowest in 2020. Packers and Colts gave up 21 sacks, Pittsburgh somehow only gave up 14??? How did Captain Fatfuck pull that one off?

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I try hard not to be a faggot, but even I look at the Watson shit and go............not a good look

• 1Solidarity

Animosity

Calvin Ridley gets 1 year for gambling and Watson only got 6 games. Woof thats not a good look for the league at all.

• 1Worf

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Do we know the specifics of Watson's accusations? Is it just propositioning for handjobs full body massages with no forced contact?