2023-2024 NFL Season : Arizona's QB Search Continues

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
For the Jets to be so bad that Zach Wilson is passing on the job, whew lad.
Maybe it's not about the Jets, or not just about the Jets. Maybe two and a half seasons of being one of the most high profile failures in the history of the NFL has just broken his will.

I feel a little sorry for the kid. He never had what it takes to play in the NFL in the first place, much less being picked #2. At best he could have been practice squad and then maybe learn enough to make the transition into coaching staff. The Jets franchise really doesn't even belong in the league at this point.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I feel a little sorry for the kid. He never had what it takes to play in the NFL in the first place, much less being picked #2. At best he could have been practice squad and then maybe learn enough to make the transition into coaching staff. The Jets franchise really doesn't even belong in the league at this point.

I don't know. It's hard to judge a young QB that was given almost no tools to win the entire time he's played. You look at the best teams vs the worst teams and the top receiving options are usually the difference. Was Mac Jones always hot garbage or was he given nothing to work with? Is Hurts really good or does he have some of the best damn WRs in the game in Smith, Jones, and Brown? Would a Burrow without Chase, Higgins, and Boyd have done so well so early? I doubt it and I love Burrow.

Dude was doomed because the Jets are a shit organization with shit fans. It's like wallowing in shit for 6 decades and wondering why you smell shit all the time. Did someone fart?

fart.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Would a Burrow without Chase, Higgins, and Boyd have done so well so early? I doubt it and I love Burrow.

We're about to find out how it works the other way. Chase was fine last week, but let's see how great the WR corps looks with Jake Browning throwing to them the rest of the season. Have a feeling numbers are about to dip big time.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
We're about to find out how it works the other way. Chase was fine last week, but let's see how great the WR corps looks with Jake Browning throwing to them the rest of the season. Have a feeling numbers are about to dip big time.

Is Jake Browning a top 5 pick? Let's move the goalposts why don't we?

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
It's almost like you need to be both a good QB and have good WR's to excel.

None of this happens in a vacuum. There is a whole lot that goes into making a QB great.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
lol you don't have to get so defensive - Chase was a top 5 pick too. Will he still be productive with a shit QB?

Probably not and that's a good point about how they synergize to make each other better. But no team is going to impede Chase's future by being paired with a guy like Jake. That's my entire point.

They can figure out Mahomes is better with good WRs, and Tua is far better with Reek, but Wilson with elite talents like Jamison Crowder, Braxton Berrios, Elijah Moore, Corey Davis, and Garrett Wilson was going to be elite? The Jets are a shit organization and this poor turd of a QB never had a chance.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's hard to judge a young QB that was given almost no tools to win the entire time he's played.
Irrelevant because he never should have been drafted in the first place. He wasn't even on an FBS team, and his junior year was against a schedule that was soft as shit even for the FCS. He had DAYS of pocket time but still couldn't go through high school level progressions and most of his passing yardage came from just heaving it downfield and expecting his receivers to beat their defenders, and we all know how shitty a typical collegiate secondary is. He overreacted whenever he actually was pressured, it worked out fine versus the peewee league level of competition he was against but it was something that was obviously going to be a major hindrance at the NFL level. He looked completely mediocre in their loss to Coastal Carolina.

For some reference, it's entire 45 year history the best QBs the FCS has provided to the NFL aside from Phil Simms are Kurt Warner, Tony Romo, and Joe Flacco.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Maybe it's not about the Jets, or not just about the Jets. Maybe two and a half seasons of being one of the most high profile failures in the history of the NFL has just broken his will.

Man, must be rough not having NFL talent but still getting a $35 million guaranteed contract. Probably gonna start a gofundme for him

Fadaar

That guy
That's right. Warner won one and went to 3.

of course i'm being a smartass and only counting rings not wins as a starter, which of course jimmy has zero :p and yeah Warner only won his first one in the 99 season. MOTHER FUCKER NOW I'M GETTING PTSD FUCK YOU Daezuel Daezuel

• 1Worf

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Warner shits all over gtard
He's basically an Eli Manning level player. Warner is easily one of the most overrated QBs in history, up there with dudes like Bradshaw. He essentially had 3 good years and it always involved HoF level WRs.

But yeah, he's better than Jimmy G.

• 1Worf

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
My girlfriend caught me getting ready for dinner on Thanksgiving :(

• 1Like