2023-2024 NFL Season : Arizona's QB Search Continues

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I thought kobayashi was a cowboy fan. Are we supposed to be dogpiling?

Was that posted here? Don't think I saw it.

Tarrant Tarrant posted it, but tried to act like it was just the refs doubling down on being wrong when it made it pretty clear it was the Lions' own fault.

After the Lions met with officials pregame to discuss the play, after there’s video proof of Decker reporting with the ref acknowledging him, after being at the line, it shows him lined up as an eligible receiver the NFL decided to go full speed ahead with the dumbest shit ass take possible.

Lions fans have some real cognitive dissonance when it comes to blaming the refs for their franchise's failures.

Real teams blame their owner

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Tarrant Tarrant posted it, but tried to act like it was just the refs doubling down on being wrong when it made it pretty clear it was the Lions' own fault.
Even if he thought Skipper was reporting, how did he miss Decker reporting when he didn't miss Sewell and they were both standing right in front of him?

• 2Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Gavinmad Gavinmad What do you mean he didn't miss Sewell?? #70(Skipper) was the only lineman that was announced as reporting eligible. If your argument that Sewell was reporting as well, then the refs missed TWO people reporting.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Even if he thought Skipper was reporting, how did he miss Decker reporting when he didn't miss Sewell and they were both standing right in front of him?

Pure speculation would be Decker trying to be sneaky about reporting didn't say it loud enough and certainly didn't do the hand signals.

Regardless, Skipper reporting made it an illegal formation so even if they caught both of them being eligible it's still a penalty

Last edited:

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>

And you accused me of not even seeing the play. I know the announcers said it looked like 3 linemen were reporting, but I only heard 1 number. It might be a grey area whether #68 was covered up, but #58 and #70 were both clearly covered up making it an illegal formation if 58 had reported. If you want to argue that 58 and 68 were both uncovered, then they didn't have enough men on the LOS.

Lions outsmarted themselves. Plain and simple.

Kobayashi

Vyemm Raider
Lions fans have some real cognitive dissonance when it comes to blaming the refs for their franchise's failures.

Real teams blame their owner
Trust me, as someone who has grown up as a Lions fan, the predominant blame has always been on the Ford family and their ownership.

You have to admit, the Lions have a real knack for finding ways to get fucked over by unique corner cases in the rulebook. By memory:

Calvin Johnson rule - caused clarifications to the definition of a catch.

Golden Tate Rule - I don't know if they ever changed this dumb rule. Was a forced 10 second runoff due to the official review, lions weren't allowed to try to clock the ball because the refs wanted to review the play.

Jim Schwartz rule - defense recovered a fumble and was clearly down, refs didn't blow the whistle, he got up and ran in for a touchdown. Schwartz threw the challenge flag, but since it was already going to be reviewed, throwing the flag made it a 15 yard penalty and unreviewable. Pretty sure that unreviewable part got reviewed.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Jesus fucking Christ, McAfee had to apologize for Rodgers calling Kimmel a pedo. What a total cucklord he is now thanks to the ESPN deal.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Trust me, as someone who has grown up as a Lions fan, the predominant blame has always been on the Ford family and their ownership.

You have to admit, the Lions have a real knack for finding ways to get fucked over by unique corner cases in the rulebook. By memory:

Calvin Johnson rule - caused clarifications to the definition of a catch.

Golden Tate Rule - I don't know if they ever changed this dumb rule. Was a forced 10 second runoff due to the official review, lions weren't allowed to try to clock the ball because the refs wanted to review the play.

Jim Schwartz rule - defense recovered a fumble and was clearly down, refs didn't blow the whistle, he got up and ran in for a touchdown. Schwartz threw the challenge flag, but since it was already going to be reviewed, throwing the flag made it a 15 yard penalty and unreviewable. Pretty sure that unreviewable part got reviewed.

Saying they got screwed by quirks in the rules is different than saying they got screwed by the refs.

Also, none of those are unique to the Lions. "Calvin Johnson Rule" is the same role that took away Dez Bryant's catch in the playoffs. "Jim Schwartz Rule" happened to multiple coaches.

And the Lions weren't going from receiver being down to clocking the ball in under 8 seconds, so that one didn't screw them. If anything, the rule prevented the other team from being screwed by giving the Lions a free timeout.

That's all stuff every team deals with

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
And you accused me of not even seeing the play. I know the announcers said it looked like 3 linemen were reporting, but I only heard 1 number. It might be a grey area whether #68 was covered up, but #58 and #70 were both clearly covered up making it an illegal formation if 58 had reported. If you want to argue that 58 and 68 were both uncovered, then they didn't have enough men on the LOS.

Lions outsmarted themselves. Plain and simple.
Never mind the Sewell thing, that was me misunderstanding something from an explanation of the formation. He didn't report eligible nor did he line up in an eligible position, I think I've said that about the formation a couple times but you're the first one who actually caught my mistake. 68 is clearly uncovered.

It may have been a (series of) stupid decision(s) by Campbell but the large carnivorous feline's share of the blame belongs to the ref who has been a known fuckup all season long.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
If Brad Allen never puts on a striped shirt again after this season, I think every fan base would be thrilled with that outcome.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I think it would be obvious the NFL would put out a CYA memo trying to shift blame to Detroit on the fiasco (whether or not the actual blame should have been on them or the refs). That's basic NFL damage control shit.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I think it would be obvious the NFL would put out a CYA memo trying to shift blame to Detroit on the fiasco (whether or not the actual blame should have been on them or the refs). That's basic NFL damage control shit.

It's not the fact that they put out the memo, it's the camera angle they showed which explains why the ref did what he did.

Also explained that if you declare yourself eligible you need to start and be in an eligible position the entire time, so if multiple linemen had reported it would have been illegal anyways

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
More likely the refs union started pitching a fit behind closed doors when that rumor about Allen's crew not being given any post-season games started going around.

• 2Like