2023-2024 NFL Season : Arizona's QB Search Continues

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Man I dunno if Allen will be demoted now or not. Tue NFLs official stance now is this was all the Lions fault and officials got nothing wrong.

They don't do that based on 1 call, anyways. If they're being downgraded it's a whole body of work thing

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
His point was that all the elite pass rushers are held on the regular. He's saying it's definitely happening to Parsons, but he's not the only one.
Yes, this is exactly my point. It happens a ton to all of the elite pass rushers, and Parsons definitely included in that. It is very frustrating to watch as a fan, I get it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yes, this is exactly my point. It happens a ton to all of the elite pass rushers, and Parsons definitely included in that. It is very frustrating to watch as a fan, I get it.
I don't think YOU understand, BUD. Parsons would literally have 58 sacks per season if he wasn't held every play!!

• 1Worf

Kaines

Potato Supreme
I don't think YOU understand, BUD. Parsons would literally have 58 sacks per season if he wasn't held every play!!
Yup. And AD would have 50. And TJ would have 55. That's the point. They allow o-linemen to "cheat" because they don't want their QBs killed.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Like I was telling Burnem Wizfyre Burnem Wizfyre . Eagles won’t make it out of the first round.

Imagine being such a pussy that you give up before the playoffs even start.

Cowboys just began their historic 91 game win streak. Gonna suck being a fan of any other team for the next 5 years

• 2Worf
  • 1Touchdown
  • 1Cutler
Reactions: 3 users

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
ksfga75jww9c1.jpg

• 2Salty
  • 1GreNeg
Reactions: 2 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Well that was a horseshit ending. Who was that idiot rules expert? During the replay, you could see Decker talking to the ref, but I'm sure he just forgot to report like that fuckstick was claiming...

Doesn't really matter if he reported, the dude was also covered up. If he had reported it would have just been a different penalty.

It's a shame, if the Cowboys lost this game, I think the stupid touchback from fumbling through the endzone rule would have finally 100% been overturned.

That's my nomination for the dumbest rule in the NFL, and I'm not just saying it because it hurt the cowboys. I've said it when it went in our favor too. If that happened on the 50 yard line, it would be the offenses ball at the spot of the fumble. Why the fuck does a goal line change that? Is the purpose of the rule to punish players for stretching over the goal line?

• 1Pathetic

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
After the Lions met with officials pregame to discuss the play, after there’s video proof of Decker reporting with the ref acknowledging him, after being at the line, it shows him lined up as an eligible receiver the NFL decided to go full speed ahead with the dumbest shit ass take possible.

• 2Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 2 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Shocked a corporation is passing blame? That's like asking a politician to admit they are at fault for something.

• 1Like

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
After the Lions met with officials pregame to discuss the play, after there’s video proof of Decker reporting with the ref acknowledging him, after being at the line, it shows him lined up as an eligible receiver the NFL decided to go full speed ahead with the dumbest shit ass take possible.

They announced it over the PA system 70 is eligible, should have said something.

That’s more egregious than the 2 point attempt. Hutchinson attempts to trip Pollard, call tripping on the guy blocking Hutchinson. Make the right call there and the game was over.

Attachments

• IMG_6903.jpeg
    IMG_6903.jpeg
    87.1 KB · Views: 11

Kobayashi

Vyemm Raider
Doesn't really matter if he reported, the dude was also covered up. If he had reported it would have just been a different penalty.

Not to belabor this, but that shitbag rules analyst was saying this on the broadcast and he was wrong in my opinion.

68 is on the left side, the receiver on the outside of him doesn't appear to be on the line, so, he isn't being covered. This would have been a perfectly legal play if the refs didn't botch the reporting.

img_8970-1.jpg

• 1Solidarity

Kobayashi

Vyemm Raider
They announced it over the PA system 70 is eligible, should have said something.

That’s more egregious than the 2 point attempt. Hutchinson attempts to trip Pollard, call tripping on the guy blocking Hutchinson. Make the right call there and the game was over.
I highly doubt it was audible over the PA system. That was probably one of the loudest times ever in that stadium. Even then, how would they have said something, they had no time outs. It's a shitty situation that shouldn't have happened caused by gross incompetence of a ref with a history of gross incompetence.

What was going on with that tripping call? Did the refs ever address it?

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Campbell has admitted they were trying to confuse the cowboys who was and wasn't reporting, they successfully confused the refs instead.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
This is how I know you have no idea what their formation actually looked like.

Campbell has admitted they were trying to confuse the cowboys who was and wasn't reporting, they successfully confused the refs instead.
Herp derp, referees have been terrible for years, the crew tonight has been especially terrible this season, I'm gonna run a shady play designed to sow confusion and hope the refs that everyone knows are stupid don't do something stupid!

I can't make up my mind exactly how stupid his decision to keep going for two was.

• 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Not to belabor this, but that shitbag rules analyst was saying this on the broadcast and he was wrong in my opinion.

68 is on the left side, the receiver on the outside of him doesn't appear to be on the line, so, he isn't being covered. This would have been a perfectly legal play if the refs didn't botch the reporting.

img_8970-1.jpg

We're looking at the same picture and seeing it different. Can you admit that it's close? I never played receiver so I never had to deal with the minutia of exactly where the "the line" was for purposes of lining up. But my recollection is that if any part of your body was even with or forward of the center's hips, you are on the line (not counting the QB). That's what I see there. If that's not the standard that the NFL uses, I'm sure someone will correct me, but I'm pretty sure where he is is in a grey area. I'm also pretty sure he was told to do that on purpose so it would look to the defense like the tackle was covered up.

This is how I know you have no idea what their formation actually looked like.

There's a picture of it on this very page. Scroll up a few posts. And don't act like it was just the refs screwup that cost them the game. If they had been lined up legally the tackle wouldn't have been wide open. Fucking daron bland probably would have had a pick 2 and we would have won by 3.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I highly doubt it was audible over the PA system. That was probably one of the loudest times ever in that stadium. Even then, how would they have said something, they had no time outs. It's a shitty situation that shouldn't have happened caused by gross incompetence of a ref with a history of gross incompetence.

What was going on with that tripping call? Did the refs ever address it?

You know there's replays you can watch where it's very easy to hear the PA, right?

And trying to get the refs involved to help you deceive another team puts this right into YGWYFD territory.

And as far as "What do they do?" They do literally anything other than run a play designed to throw the ball to an ineligible receiver