2023-2024 NFL Season : Arizona's QB Search Continues

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'd argue Twitter was probably the worst purchase of anything of all time. In the sports world he's got to be neck and neck with Strasburg.

I guess Strasburg did get paid AFTER winning World Series, but Watson doesn't even have championship pedigree in the NFL to explain for how he got that much money fully guaranteed.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kobayashi

Vyemm Raider
I guess Strasburg did get paid AFTER winning World Series, but Watson doesn't even have championship pedigree in the NFL to explain for how he got that much money fully guaranteed.
There's something to be said for that, but in terms of payout during the contract, Strasburg has less than 10 starts since signing his deal and he's 4 years into it with 3 left to go. That's pretty brutal.

Watson hasn't looked great, so, he might come out the champion. I give him a higher chance to potentially play up to some value still, since Strasburg looks like he's about to retire.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I'd argue Twitter was probably the worst purchase of anything of all time. In the sports world he's got to be neck and neck with Strasburg.
Lol, as if the most powerful mass communication tool ever created is somehow not worth 38 billion. Jesus Christ.

• 1Like

Kobayashi

Vyemm Raider
Lol, as if the most powerful mass communication tool ever created is somehow not worth 38 billion. Jesus Christ.
I just think from a pure business perspective he overpaid by quite a bit considering all the problems they'd had with monetizing the platform and won't ever recoup even close to what he put out for it. Anyway, I get what you're saying, bad example by me, let's get back to laughing at teams that suck that aren't the Lions.

• 1Solidarity

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
There's something to be said for that, but in terms of payout during the contract, Strasburg has less than 10 starts since signing his deal and he's 4 years into it with 3 left to go. That's pretty brutal.

Watson hasn't looked great, so, he might come out the champion. I give him a higher chance to potentially play up to some value still, since Strasburg looks like he's about to retire.

What I mean is, there was no reason to even pay Watson that much money guaranteed, let alone give up the draft capital they did for it. At least the Nats were basically rewarding him for a World Series win. Watson did nothing for Cleveland prior to getting paid, and remains to be seen (probably unlikely) he does anything for them while there...meanwhile they sit on his almost 70M cap hit for each of the next 3 years.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Totally missed it on Sunday but Bill O Brien screaming at Mac Jones on the sidelines as if he wasn't one of the biggest punchlines in the history of the NFL is great stuff.

• 2Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist

No it was a retarded purchase and Elon is making it worse because he has no fucking clue what he's doing.

• 2Moron

Kaines

Potato Supreme
No it was a retarded purchase and Elon is making it worse because he has no fucking clue what he's doing.
It was totally worth 38 billion to the government as a propaganda/censorship tool. The fact Elon has no idea how to run a social media company is a completely separate issue.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
It was totally worth 38 billion to the government as a propaganda/censorship tool. The fact Elon has no idea how to run a social media company is a completely separate issue.

The government didn't buy it though?

What conspiracy nonsense is this community buying into now?

• 1Moron

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
That's why everyone left it for Threads right?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme
The government didn't buy it though?

What conspiracy nonsense is this community buying into now?
The government was pissed he bought it and didn't want it to be sold. Because, as has been proven over and over in many documents, the government was running it as their own propaganda platform. You living in denial over this fact as a shit-brained liberal should surprise no one.

• 2Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The government was pissed he bought it and didn't want it to be sold. Because, as has been proven over and over in many documents, the government was running it as their own propaganda platform. You living in denial over this fact as a shit-brained liberal should surprise no one.

You made it sound like your point was it was worth it to the government to buy Twitter for 38B as a propaganda tool. But they didn't buy it.

That's why everyone left it for Threads right?

The failure of one platform doesn't prove the success of another. He took over the company and blindly fired massive teams and then had to beg them to come back when he realized they were critical teams. Companies are straight up boycotting advertising on the platform - the main thing he wants to monetize. Ad revenues have gone down each month and they're expected to be half of where they were last year by 2027.

The purchase has been a financial disaster for Elon.

• 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You made it sound like your point was it was worth it to the government to buy Twitter for 38B as a propaganda tool. But they didn't buy it.

The failure of one platform doesn't prove the success of another. He took over the company and blindly fired massive teams and then had to beg them to come back when he realized they were critical teams. Companies are straight up boycotting advertising on the platform - the main thing he wants to monetize. Ad revenues have gone down each month and they're expected to be half of where they were last year by 2027.

The purchase has been a financial disaster for Elon.
He bought cultural relevance. The amount of money it took to get that might have looked steep to a simple balance book but in the grand scheme of things cannot be overstated enough.

He literally has the loudest voice on the largest social media platform in the world. The place where every government has an official account to push PR updates.

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Sorry I'm an America-loving capitalist and the almighty balance book is all I understand.

• 1Moron

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Alex Alex is right about it being a financial disaster. Maybe still worth it to Elon, but any objective financial analysis would call this a train wreck.

• 1Like

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
He took over the company and blindly fired massive teams and then had to beg them to come back when he realized they were critical teams.
This is not entirely accurate. Twitter still has a fraction of the employees it did when he purchased it, and it is still running.

• 1Like