2023 AssHat Voting round 4!

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
If there was a job near me where I could get away with "working" while posting on FoH 100 times a day, I'd be all over it, trust me.

Oh so you can work?

All this time you were telling us how we're you disabled or had "chronic exhaustion"

• 1Harrow
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Oh so you can work?

All this time you were telling us how we're you disabled or had "chronic exhaustion"
Yeah a desk job like yours I could do no problem. There's no jobs like that around here tho.

• 1Harrow

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Town I just moved to has a population of 1,100, the next closest town is 25 miles away, and I don't have a car. Legitimately if you have any good ideas I am all ears.

• 1Harrow

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
lurkingdirk lurkingdirk you got some totals for us?

I can't listen to any more of these Poor People Stories

Last edited:
  • 1Harrow
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
I might be wrong, but I think under disability you're still "allowed" to have a job or make money up to a certain point. A lot of people seem to be under the impression that you just flat-out lose disability if you work, so you "can't work" or whatever. But yeah, unless I'm totally wrong, you can work while on disability and still receive it. The cap is probably some low amount, like working 10 hours a week or something. If you found something to do every Saturday or something, it would be a good start on being more productive and maybe getting back into the swing of making money. You'd also have a bunch more money to work with every month. I'd aim at like $400 or something in month 1 and go from there.

Just some unasked-for financial advice for getting out from under the government thumb (which you're technically under even if it seems like they're propping you up, because what they give out is peanuts). Big difference between having $850 to work with and, say, $1250 if you bang out a workday once a week. And that's going off of minimum wage and a lot of guessing.

One of my older relatives is on some sort of social security / disability combination and makes an extra $500-900 a month from knitting winter hats/gloves for like 10 hours a week and selling them on Ebay, and the government doesn't SEEM to care at all. Makes a huge difference in QOL because if she sat on the couch all the time she'd be poor as dirt and probably sick.
Pharmakos is literally “the man in the chair”. IYKYK

• 1Harrow

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
?? He could work as many hours as he wants. I think the limit is like $1200 a month between your disability check and your job. And working extra hours beyond that is still worth it, just not as worth it... Diminishing returns sort of thing. Still there isn't a point at which you make LESS money by working more. Excepting certain situations when you're in low income housing and your rent payment slides depending on how much you made each month. That's rare tho. And low income housing is so hard to get into in Michigan (I'm in the Thumb btw, just moved to Brown City, north of Imlay City) that odds are he's not in it...
And there you have it folks..

They literally have "government gibs" gamed so well, they've broken it down into a gibs/hour formula and determined how to maximize free shit from the government while actually working as little as possible.

Just remember that the next time you come home from a hard day at the office, exercising your knuckles all day, slaving over a crusty keyboard. 20% of your labor that day went to pay people like this guy. 'MERICA!

• 1Tiresome

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
The Teflon Tsar once again vanquishes his foe to the Rickshaw during an argument of equal participation. Putin should hire him for a thunder run to the heart of Kiev and end the war already.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 3 users

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
I literally just got one of the Final Eight contestants to quit the board, mere minutes before votes were to be counted.

If I am not your Asshat King, then who?

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Harrow
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
I literally just got one of the Final Eight contestants to quit the board, mere minutes before votes were to be counted.

If I am not your Asshat King, then who?
You may be eliminated on a technicality so that you have more time to focus on your AI project.

Judges are mulling it over, I'm told.

• 1WTF

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
fingers-crossed-i-hope-so.gif

• 1Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 1 users