2023 NFL Offseason Thread - Now with less QB sneaks!

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The narrative on Rodgers is funny, it wasn't just the defense that won that Super Bowl for them, he was lights out in that playoffs other than the Bears game (the actual team who got carried by their D). D hasn't exactly been one of their assets in the playoffs most of the time.

There's no question he hasn't been as good as his regular season reputation would make you think overall in the playoffs, and definitely should have been to more than just one Super Bowl, but the way the narrative has shifted to only blaming him versus Packers' wasted draft picks so often and McFatty is really interesting to see.

I actually worry if they'll even hit mediocrity after he leaves, although maybe Jordan Love will turn out to have been the smart long game all along?
Oh don't get me wrong, McFatty is probably the most to blame for wasting Rodgers career, though the front office fucking up managing the roster had a huge part too. Rodgers is even more egomaniacal and bitter because he knows McCarthy fucked his entire career. But if Clayfaker doesn't sack Big Ben three times (and a host of similar stops in that playoff run) Rodgers has zero Lombardi trophies. We also had a very stacked Receiver corps that year with Jennings, Jordy, and Driver all in their prime. We got there because all of our games were close all year long and the D managed to catch fire late in the season. And Rodgers didn't choke for once.

And you always have to have someone developing on the bench, even if its only trade bait. The issue is both parties should have just rode out the prior contract and started the rebuild at that point, but Rodgers twisted the knife and our front office blinked, so now we have this cap destroying deal that insured he would never have the talent around him that will take us two years to get out from under. I think Love will do okay, but he needs the reps in game and needs to NOT try to be the next Rodgers or Favre, which is to say he needs to run the called play and rely on our ground game instead of constantly putting us in 3rd and forever with 1st down air out attempts. I expect we go maybe a game over 500 on the season and next, then we might pick up from there. Its is hard not to in our division with the Bears still sucking and the Vikings in fucking free fall. Lions are going to be scary the next few years though, if they stick it out with Campbel.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Bengals only gave him 16 apy. He turned down 23 apy from KC last year and the 20 apy they are now paying Taylor.
He got an unprecedented amount of guaranteed money for his position but... Eh, unsure of those choices. Or not extending Wylie when he only signed for 8 per year elsewhere.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
He got an unprecedented amount of guaranteed money for his position but... Eh, unsure of those choices. Or not extending Wylie when he only signed for 8 per year elsewhere.
In Veach We Trust

bengals definitely could go to the Super Bowl but Alex won’t show up to Vegas next year like we will if the Chiefs go so he’ll jinx em again.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I read Brown left because Bengals are gonna let him play LT as part of the deal.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
In Veach We Trust

bengals definitely could go to the Super Bowl but Alex won’t show up to Vegas next year like we will if the Chiefs go so he’ll jinx em again.

I already bought my flight.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I already bought my flight.

Meet me here

1678983651405.jpeg

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Just saw the note that both Rodgers' and Favre's last passes as Packers were INTs.

• 7Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 8 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Oh don't get me wrong, McFatty is probably the most to blame for wasting Rodgers career, though the front office fucking up managing the roster had a huge part too. Rodgers is even more egomaniacal and bitter because he knows McCarthy fucked his entire career. But if Clayfaker doesn't sack Big Ben three times (and a host of similar stops in that playoff run) Rodgers has zero Lombardi trophies. We also had a very stacked Receiver corps that year with Jennings, Jordy, and Driver all in their prime. We got there because all of our games were close all year long and the D managed to catch fire late in the season. And Rodgers didn't choke for once.

And you always have to have someone developing on the bench, even if its only trade bait. The issue is both parties should have just rode out the prior contract and started the rebuild at that point, but Rodgers twisted the knife and our front office blinked, so now we have this cap destroying deal that insured he would never have the talent around him that will take us two years to get out from under. I think Love will do okay, but he needs the reps in game and needs to NOT try to be the next Rodgers or Favre, which is to say he needs to run the called play and rely on our ground game instead of constantly putting us in 3rd and forever with 1st down air out attempts. I expect we go maybe a game over 500 on the season and next, then we might pick up from there. Its is hard not to in our division with the Bears still sucking and the Vikings in fucking free fall. Lions are going to be scary the next few years though, if they stick it out with Campbel.

Not sure I totally agree with the recap of that SB, as the Packers were absolutely rolling them in the 1st half with Rodgers dropping dimes wherever he wanted a lot of that game (and most of that playoff run). All part of Big Ben's amazing first 10 Super Bowl quarters of his career where he had 1 TD versus 5 picks winning 2 rings his first 2 trips (although the 1 TD was one of the all time clutch SB throws). I mostly remember GB up 21-3 with like 2 minutes left in the first half, D lets Pitt score before half and on their first possession of the 3rd quarter to close it to 21-17, and Rodgers and the offense had to score a TD and a FG on their last 2 possessions aside from kneel downs to see out the W.

As much as I liked those receivers (good times in fantasy way back when), none of them did much away from Rodgers, so I'm skeptical how "great" any of them were on their own.

That's an interesting point about him being bitter knowing McFatty wasted a lot of his career. He couldn't help but see Brady and Belichick racking up rings in the 2nd half of their time together and being jealous AF. Makes a lot of sense thinking about it.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Did McFatty really waste his career or was it more that he's just always been an overhyped turd who everyone desperately wanted to use just to try and say Brady wasn't the best?

• 2Dislike
  • 1Cutler
Reactions: 2 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I am not saying Rodgers wasn't great and part of their success, but if there is a more stacked year at WR for the Packers, I don't remember it, Maybe the year Favre had Brooks, Rison, and a couple great TEs.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Did McFatty really waste his career or was it more that he's just always been an overhyped turd who everyone desperately wanted to use just to try and say Brady wasn't the best?
Have you ever watched football?

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Nope, never watched a game in my life. That must be why i'm so dumb as to think Aaron Rodgers was not the best quarterback that has ever and will ever play the game, by such a large margin that no other quarterback should ever even be considered to be even 2 tiers below him on the scale of greatness. If only he had a different coach or front office then surely he would've won the superbowl every single season he has played.

I bet Belichick spends every night wondering why he went with Brady when he could've gotten 3x as many rings with Rodgers.

• 3Imbecile
  • 1Fumble
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Snyders have cleared out of the building? Sale imminent? Is our nightmare over?

• 3Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 3 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Nope, never watched a game in my life. That must be why i'm so dumb as to think Aaron Rodgers was not the best quarterback that has ever and will ever play the game, by such a large margin that no other quarterback should ever even be considered to be even 2 tiers below him on the scale of greatness. If only he had a different coach or front office then surely he would've won the superbowl every single season he has played.

I bet Belichick spends every night wondering why he went with Brady when he could've gotten 3x as many rings with Rodgers.
what the fuck was this gibberish.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 6 users

iamacynic37

FoH Honkler - HONK HONK MFr
<Banned>
Does Aaron Rodgers owe the dark man money? Why doesn't he just retire and start his own "medication" brand

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Ok I was able to @ zombie and Mario to get them in here. Now we need Tea for Tuesday, Dumar, and Whatsamattu vs Genjiro Genjiro

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Does Aaron Rodgers owe the dark man money? Why doesn't he just retire and start his own "medication" brand
If you could make 60 million dollars for 9 months of work, you would probably do it too.