2023 NFL Offseason Thread - Now with less QB sneaks!

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Hopkins to the Ravens would be an absolute dream. I would love to see all the mental gymnastics Ravens fans go through to make excuses for Lamar still being a mediocre passer with those two as part of his receiving corps. Bonus points for another first round playoff exit. Ultra bonus points if Lamar gets injured for the fourth season in a row and the team actually does better with Huntley/Bridgewater under center.

Even if Lamar was a good passer, wouldn't matter unless their new O Coordinator changes that offense around a lot. Think they had something like the least or 2nd least amount of passing attempts in the league since Lamar has been there. Yeah they obviously needed to improve the receivers there b/c their group was just terrible...but if you're never going to throw the ball much what's the point in going overboard spending money on the position. Just get a few competent guys.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
If that's the entirety of the rule, I'm doing an onside kick in the air every kickoff. Fair catch, most likely it's the same as getting booted out of the end zone. Upside though, the fair catch is dropped (higher percentage because it's not someone getting a ton of reps) or the player forgets to call fair catch and gets bowled over and a good chance at a recovery. Worst case it's around midfield.

Is that how the rule is worded? Pretty stupid of them to make you lose 30 yards if you fair catch an onside kick.

Just looked it up, and it only goes to the 25 if its behind the 25

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kobayashi

Vyemm Raider
Is that how the rule is worded? Pretty stupid of them to make you lose 30 yards if you fair catch an onside kick.

Just looked it up, and it only goes to the 25 if its behind the 25
This is why Twitter sucks as a platform for info like this. The way Rappaport phrased it made it sound idiotic. Not sure why he couldn't just link a photo of the entire rule.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider

I guess Miami is winning the division then.

CUUURSSSE!
31537029-31537322.jpg

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
i know it is VERY VERY early in the year with no games played or even real practices, but i am cautiously optimistic about the Patriots offense this year, of course ANYTHING would be better than the clusterfuck that was LAST year.

in the OTA's Mac is looking good, and thornton looks like he might be able to step up and turn into at least (barring injuries of course) a better than average #2 receiver, if not a good #1.

caveat- EVERYONE looks good in OTA's.

that said.. according to PFF patriots have -apparently- the hardest schedule in the league this year, but who knows, if the Pats have a competent offense, they could make the playoffs if the defense plays at least as well as it did for most of last year.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
i know it is VERY VERY early in the year with no games played or even real practices, but i am cautiously optimistic about the Patriots offense this year, of course ANYTHING would be better than the clusterfuck that was LAST year.

in the OTA's Mac is looking good, and thornton looks like he might be able to step up and turn into at least (barring injuries of course) a better than average #2 receiver, if not a good #1.

caveat- EVERYONE looks good in OTA's.

that said.. according to PFF patriots have -apparently- the hardest schedule in the league this year, but who knows, if the Pats have a competent offense, they could make the playoffs if the defense plays at least as well as it did for most of last year.
I think the Pats will be better than most people think. Just getting rid of Patricia will do wonders for the offense. I still think they are on the outside looking in for the postseason because of schedule, and the division is going to be rough as well.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Yeah, really don't see the Patriots doing well in that division and that schedule. Too many issues to sort out compared to the other teams. That division could be a real bloodbath but then again I thought the AFC West would be last year and that obviously wasn't the case.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The AFC is just ridiculous in general. Chiefs, Jags, Chargers, Bills, whatever the fuck happens in the AFCN (let's be real, it's Bengals), Jets if Rodgers pans out. There's just too much competition for a "maybe" team to really have a shot. There's always turnover but I feel last years' division winners are pretty likely to repeat with the exception of the AFCN where Browns might come on strong and if Lamar stays healthy (lol).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
YES the afc is ridiculous, BUUUT, LAST year the 2 wild cards had a 10-7 record,
patriots -yes the schedule is hard- could make the playoffs with a 10-7 record this year, that is a 2 win gain. a COMPETENT offense last year, the patriots would have made the playoffs-28 pts is all they needed. last year if they had scored exactly 28pts in every game- that is 1 touchdown a quarter- they would have had 11 wins. this year who knows, way too early talk to me around thanksgiving nov 26th is their 11th game.

patriots have a tough first 5 games Philly Miami @Jets @Dallas NO, they manage to be 3-2 or heaven forbid 4-1, they have a good shot at the playoffs- probably won't get far, but baby steps :)

now if they get Hopkins and he plays Well......

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
patriots -yes the schedule is hard- could make the playoffs with a 10-7 record this year, that is a 2 win gain. a COMPETENT offense last year, the patriots would have made the playoffs-28 pts is all they needed. last year if they had scored exactly 28pts in every game- that is 1 touchdown a quarter- they would have had 11 wins. this year who knows, way too early talk to me around thanksgiving nov 26th is their 11th game.

patriots have a tough first 5 games Philly Miami @Jets @Dallas NO, they manage to be 3-2 or heaven forbid 4-1, they have a good shot at the playoffs- probably won't get far, but baby steps :)

You're retarded. 28 ppg would be the fourth best last year. They were like 25th at 21.4 ppg.

Yes, everybody would win a lot more games if they suddenly could score seven more points per game. All they need is that little bump to being one of the best offenses in the league and they will be okay. Great insight.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider

I love your optimism, but Buffalo is still better. Miami already was better and got better upgrades. Jets got a giant upgrade at QB (Maybe, it would be the most Jets things if Rodgers fell off the cliff this year).

Kaines

Potato Supreme

I know this copium....

giphy.gif

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>

LMAO. Wait until Pats fans realize Belichick is just sticking around to break Shula's record.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users