22 Jump Street (2014)

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I thought I read on the wiki page that Frozen took like 600 people to make...

are advertising and promotional costs included in these numbers?

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
With a "normal" movie, you pretty much take 50% of the budget (but extra, so it makes the movie 150%) and that accounts for the advertising. Commercials aren't cheap. Especially not a LOT of them. Super bowl commercials are even more.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
With a "normal" movie, you pretty much take 50% of the budget (but extra, so it makes the movie 150%) and that accounts for the advertising. Commercials aren't cheap. Especially not a LOT of them. Super bowl commercials are even more.
You have the same thing in both types of movie so any comparison on either side with regards to that point cancels out.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Wow, this was fucking funny. Laughed my ass off the whole time. Truly funny.

A great Easter egg: during the football helmet car chase scene, they go back in forth in front of the "Benjamin Hill School of Film", and the music briefly but subtly changes to Benny Hill style music.

Tirant

Golden Knight of the Realm
Haha I died laughing at that. My theatre literally applauded during the scene where the clock is ticking while waiting on Channing Tatum to get the joke.

Pretty damn funny movie.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Fantastic movie. I haven't laughed this much at a comedy in a long, long time. The entire lunch scene with Ice Cube was solid gold.

spronk

FPS noob
saw the bluray, awesome movie just like 21. the end credits are absolute gold. with all the recent shit remakes and reboots its nice to see at least one do it right

theres a 10 second post credit scene too

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Honestly it was probably funnier than the first. They handled all the silly meta shit so well, on top of just the flat out funny shit they were doing.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I liked the 1st one better, but I still loved this one. Much like Grimm said, they handled the meta really well and usually I hate when movies try to do that.

Hootie

Silver Knight of the Realm
Tangledcost $260 million, Cars 2: $200 million, Brave: $180 million
This is Hollywood acting like big government with money. There is no way animated movies should cost as much as movies with hundreds of actors, support staff, real life sets and on location shooting.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'll watch 22 Jump Street in a day or two. I enjoyed the first. I doubt this will be a much different experience.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Im sure what one I liked more, I do think Ice Cube did a much better job in the second film

Trollicious_sl

shitlord
This is Hollywood acting like big government with money. There is no way animated movies should cost as much as movies with hundreds of actors, support staff, real life sets and on location shooting.
Probably has to deal with licensing. You still have to pay all the actual actors. Background people usually work for free or close to it in real movies. Then you pay the animators by the hour (probably expensive as fuck) and it all makes sense. Oh. Then each one of those movies has it's own sound track specifically made for the movie. It really adds up.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
The amount of man-hours put into CGI movies is very high, and Pixar has(had?) that anal perfectionist agenda to get it just right, so they re-do a lot of it as the project goes on. Last I checked, every single Pixar movie made a profit, and no one doing live action has that record.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Plus you have to include office space for the animators, hardware, software, etc. Stuff like that adds up. The credits for animated films are CRAZY long.