38 Studios

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Honestly who gives a shit anymore. The guy tried to make a game and failed. Lost some money. News at 11.

RI is to blame for investing in a crap shoot like that anyway, with tax money. So fuck them.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
^^ That too. But now enter the politicians who are trying to save their asses and get votes for next election, and this is why it now suddenly matters. Aside from the fact that they just lost $75 million and the state is already messed up as it is.

We are talking about it going deeper though than your simpleton post up there. If there was fradulant activity behind everything, it brings a whole new level of shit sandwich to the industry, and then I will laugh my ass off because I'll keep wondering how these assholes keep pushing the limits as to what they can get away with.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
wonder if they're offering the same insane salary and benefits that they were offering when schilling was at the helm? if they are, i'll work for them!

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Honestly who gives a shit anymore. The guy tried to make a game and failed. Lost some money. News at 11.

RI is to blame for investing in a crap shoot like that anyway, with tax money. So fuck them.
I was going to post this a week or so ago and choose not to figuing I would be the lone wolf and didn't feel like fighting about it. Glad to know I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
We are talking about it going deeper though than your simpleton post up there. If there was fradulant activity behind everything, it brings a whole new level of shit sandwich to the industry, and then I will laugh my ass off because I'll keep wondering how these assholes keep pushing the limits as to what they can get away with.
You're starting to sound a bit like the old Utnayan here, lol - there's been a crime and by God, we can't let this stand! Someone has to be held accountable!
tongue.png

I'm pretty sure that if they did anything well and truly illegal that the state is going to nail them for it. And honestly, the only reason this is even in the news is because of Curt and the RI loan. This kind of thing happens day in and day out, and we just don't ever notice similar cases because they don't have Curt and RI didn't float them a loan.

tongue.png

Don't forget the FBI did investigate them (at least on Federal Criminal charges) and cleared the executives at 38 Studios of any criminal wrongdoing. That doesn't stop the state from suing them and claiming the broke State law.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
You're starting to sound a bit like the old Utnayan here, lol - there's been a crime and by God, we can't let this stand! Someone has to be held accountable!
tongue.png

I'm pretty sure that if they did anything well and truly illegal that the state is going to nail them for it. And honestly, the only reason this is even in the news is because of Curt and the RI loan. This kind of thing happens day in and day out, and we just don't ever notice similar cases because they don't have Curt and RI didn't float them a loan.
Well, if there is a crime you wouldn't want to let it slide either right? And yes, the state will nail them for it. That's why this is happening.

Sorry I'm confused. Why do you think this is happening? Political? Yes. Covering their bucks. Meanwhile in the last year we have seen curt say he invested 30 mil, than that turned to 50 million. Covering his own back on paying back personally guaranteed loans with state money to wipe off personal accountability. That's also a fact.

If you want to debate his ethics you may want to do better than this.

tongue.png

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Curt lost a lot of his money. No one doubts that. Getting bent over two news reports that happen to differ on the exact amount is starting to make you look a little whacko.

And anyways, this is old news now. The game wont be made and Curt is a laughing stock. You won. Celebrate your victory and dance on his grave.

But whenever I see this thread necro'd again all I can think of is South Park..... don't care, don't care, don't care..

Sean_sl

shitlord
Well, how are some of younotout for blood? We have so many executives and corporations in this company that get away with ridiculous shit on a daily basis and are never held accountable for anything. If our legal system is finally going to pin something on some asshole who has done some really unethical bullshit that they can be held liable for then why not go after them to the fullest degree that they can?

And remember that Curt just didn't fuck with his own money, he fucked with a state's money and lots of people's livelihoods. He also totally fucked a bunch of his employees out of their houses and ruined their shit + the whole deal with them losing their insurance - let's not forget that. This guy is not just some rich dude who lost a bunch of money. He hurt people.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
He didn't force them to work for his company they chose to go there. Startups have risks. EA lays off tons of motherfuckers every year. Let's put them in prison also.

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
He didn't force them to work for his company they chose to go there. Startups have risks. EA lays off tons of motherfuckers every year. Let's put them in prison also.
Does EA lie to them and have them work a few weeks without pay first?

No? Stop sucking Curt's dick.

othree

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Well, how are some of younotout for blood? We have so many executives and corporations in this company that get away with ridiculous shit on a daily basis and are never held accountable for anything. If our legal system is finally going to pin something on some asshole who has done some really unethical bullshit that they can be held liable for then why not go after them to the fullest degree that they can?

And remember that Curt just didn't fuck with his own money, he fucked with a state's money and lots of people's livelihoods. He also totally fucked a bunch of his employees out of their houses and ruined their shit + the whole deal with them losing their insurance - let's not forget that. This guy is not just some rich dude who lost a bunch of money. He hurt people.
LOL, if you want to debate the overall grand scheme of things, what Curt did doesn't even compare to the shady shit that goes on every single day in the corporate world.

Sean_sl

shitlord
LOL, if you want to debate the overall grand scheme of things, what Curt did doesn't even compare to the shady shit that goes on every single day in the corporate world.
So, because there's far worse, he should just be let off the hook? Fuck that. Every single person should be held accountable for their shit.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
So, because there's far worse, he should just be let off the hook? Fuck that. Every single person should be held accountable for their shit.
See, but Sean, here in the games industry, no one is ever held accountable. Having anything other than the popular scapegoat at the time is unheard of here.

We can't have that accountability bullshit ruining the careers of folks like Rich Vogel.

Right?

PS: Sean is right. The rest of you are apologists.

They weren't forced. In fact you can't force someone to work without pay.
No. You just manipulate the fuck out of them similar to you and 16 year olds.

(NowThere'sa little of the old Ut, Erronius.)

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
How can you manipulate someone to work for no pay? I'd like to find out because my garage needs to be cleaned.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I am not sure I would ever be able to explain it being that when comparing you and myself (everyone on the forum to be exact) we have completely different moral compasses.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Well you're inferring that it's quite easy to get people to work for no compensation. Being as it's so easy surely you could type a few lines teaching me the technique so I could get my garage cleaned by some easily manipulated out of work soul. Right?