38 Studios

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I doubt anyone bothered to file for anything. Every small game company I ever worked for missed paychecks. My last place owed me a year's salary.

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
I doubt anyone bothered to file for anything. Every small game company I ever worked for missed paychecks. My last place owed me a year's salary.

Certain departments didn't get paid for a month.

Working in that industry is just complete fucking shit. Least my experience of it was.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm

I ain't trying to be a dick, I just want to understand. Does this mean you worked for someone for a year without getting paid? Feels like there's a story there.

• 1Like

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Hah no not in a row. It was a month here a month there. We'd get a big contract and they would catch us up a bit etc. Small places are unstable and get jerked around alot.

Fucker

Log Wizard
it's easy to forget how bad of a clusterfuck this was
The biggest WTF is the fact they promised to sell employee's houses and didn't, then got a bunch of them foreclosed on and wrecked the credit of nearly all of them.

• 1Like

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The biggest WTF is the fact they promised to sell employee's houses and didn't, then got a bunch of them foreclosed on and wrecked the credit of nearly all of them.
To be fair, what were those people thinking?

I had an aquintance who worked there. Saw him at a game convention after they closed. He said it was better working there than his current employer which is Riot.