3d Printing and the Future of Piracy

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
This new printer is coming on Kickstarter. They’ve already built the production units so shipping starts as soon as the Kickstarter ends. My friend is getting the most expensive option. Has a ton of cool tech I’ve never seen on a printer before(not that it hasn’t been done before, I just haven’t seen it) using lidar and lasers to level the bed, inspect the first layer, stop during failures. The video preview is ridiculously high production value.

The print speed and quality on this thing is fucking nuts.

If it lives up to all its advertising that’s pretty damn impressive for the price.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
This new printer is coming on Kickstarter. They’ve already built the production units so shipping starts as soon as the Kickstarter ends. My friend is getting the most expensive option. Has a ton of cool tech I’ve never seen on a printer before(not that it hasn’t been done before, I just haven’t seen it) using lidar and lasers to level the bed, inspect the first layer, stop during failures. The video preview is ridiculously high production value.

If it lives up to all its advertising that’s pretty damn impressive for the price.

Really fucking cool, but the RFID spools will kill this thing on arrival if it keeps you from using any other brand of filament.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Really fucking cool, but the RFID spools will kill this thing on arrival if it keeps you from using any other brand of filament.
You can use any filament you want on it.

• 1Like

Kais

<Gold Donor>
Shit, if it even comes close to delivering what they show in the vid that's a really good setup.

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>

I don’t know enough about them but had someone mention that SLA tends to be more worthwhile than FDM printers. I’m guessing the cost goes way up? Just started looking to purchase for home use

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I don’t know enough about them but had someone mention that SLA tends to be more worthwhile than FDM printers. I’m guessing the cost goes way up? Just started looking to purchase for home use
It depends on what you want to do. If you’re printing high detailed small things like miniatures for board games, toys, rings, you want SLA. If you’re printing practical objects and prototyping FDM. They’re different enough that I have both types.

• 1Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Hekotat Hekotat can you make two of these for me? They don't exist anywhere and would make rolling boxing wraps 10x easier :D

Capture.PNG

Goatface

looks like the turntable and stuff was a $180 kickstarter a few years ago.

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Finally ordered all the shit to make an enclosure for my 3d printer. I got the Aluminum extrusion coming now I just need to get some dimensions and sheets to give to the machine shop to cut me some acrylic panels.

I might do cardboard in the meantime to test with and see if it improves my prints before going ham on some acrylic.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
My friend that I got hooked on 3D printing has really gone nuts with it the past year. One of the spare rooms in his house. He has at least one spool of every single Prusa filament they make.

43D9E71F-7381-4D9E-9465-698B90B39817.jpeg

• 4Like
  • 1Wow!
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 6 users

Brad2770

Picked up a Longer LK5 Pro this morning to print Warhammer terrain. I bought 4 spools of PLA. I have watched a few videos to properly set it up. It seems to be pretty straight forward. Anything that I might run into down the road I might should know now?

Kais

<Gold Donor>
Retighten every screw, nut, set screw on the entire machine. Don't assume something didn't get loose during shipping. Then check again.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users