3d Printing and the Future of Piracy

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Retighten every screw, nut, set screw on the entire machine. Don't assume something didn't get loose during shipping. Then check again.
And then once every 6 months or so... Go around the machine and tighten them all again. ;)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Haus

<Silver Donator>
It was made in China. Will it last 6 months?
I've got an Ender 5 Pro and it's been a rockstar for me for almost 3 years now. Pretty sure it's almost pure chinesium. I've done a few mods (direct drive feeder, bed level Z stabilizing supports, Octoprint) but nothing insane. But also every 6 months I do a "maintenance" where I basically tear down the hotend, clean shit, check belts, rebuild it, and (as mentioned) go around and retighten anything that's started coming loose.

I cannot recommend their magnetic print bed system enough. After years of Glass bed, then PEI sheet, then this, that, and the other with my first 3d printer. I got this one, and it had a magnetic sheet to print on and it was a life changer.

• 1Like

Brad2770

Ever since my kid has been around 5 years old, I have been telling him I am building him a jet pack. For the longest time he really thought I was building him one and it never came to be. I had intentions of building one from foam and quickly painting it, but never did. Now it’s a joke between him and I.

My son is graduating next spring. I have both resin and filament printers, so I figure I could 3D print this thing. I have paints and an air brush set. I would like to make him one for his graduation gift.

I was hoping I could find an STL for the Rocketeer pack for sure and maybe the helmet. I have Googled things, but no such luck. It doesn’t have to be the one from Rocketeer, I suppose any could do.

Any good places to start to find something like this?

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Ever since my kid has been around 5 years old, I have been telling him I am building him a jet pack. For the longest time he really thought I was building him one and it never came to be. I had intentions of building one from foam and quickly painting it, but never did. Now it’s a joke between him and I.

My son is graduating next spring. I have both resin and filament printers, so I figure I could 3D print this thing. I have paints and an air brush set. I would like to make him one for his graduation gift.

I was hoping I could find an STL for the Rocketeer pack for sure and maybe the helmet. I have Googled things, but no such luck. It doesn’t have to be the one from Rocketeer, I suppose any could do.

Any good places to start to find something like this?
Check grabcad, there are a ton of these websites though. Not sure if thingiverse still exists but that's another.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Check grabcad, there are a ton of these websites though. Not sure if thingiverse still exists but that's another.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hekotat

If anyone is looking for an upgraded CR-6 Max with tons of goodies and upgrades for a steal hit me up. I'm unable to print in this house due to how drafty it is and I don't want to spend another 2k in order to get it working. Send me a PM if you're interested.

Goatface

NY bill would require a criminal history background check for the purchase of a 3D printer capable of creating firearms

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
NY bill would require a criminal history background check for the purchase of a 3D printer capable of creating firearms

Isn't this basically any FDM printer? Doesn't say it has to be a good firearm or last more than a shot or two.

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
The political flunkies might care about weapons and whatever else they come up with but it's just a pretext. There will be more and more legislation of 3d printing, across the world, with the real goal of preventing the loss of patent wealth.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Are patents really the issue? I feel like even copyright is a bigger potential concern (e.g. I can just print this Donald Duck statue instead of buying it from the store). I'm not even sure we're anywhere near this even with those fancy ink jet full color ones. I suppose there's some right (or capability) to repair stuff as you get into the ability to create parts (especially with metal sintering).

I dunno, I kinda struggle to find stuff to print at home on the regular. Even if it was very robust, I'm not sure how much upside there is for FDM in the near future to the scale you're talking about.

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Running low on both resin and Iso propanol now. Have not been printing a whole lot lately but do anyone know if the water washable resin is better/good now?

Heard both good and bad thoughts about it a year or two ago. Been using Phrozen 4k but the cleaning is a bit annoying with all the contamination of isopropanol.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Running low on both resin and Iso propanol now. Have not been printing a whole lot lately but do anyone know if the water washable resin is better/good now?

Heard both good and bad thoughts about it a year or two ago. Been using Phrozen 4k but the cleaning is a bit annoying with all the contamination of isopropanol.
Is there really even a theoretical benefit aside from saving you from purchasing alcohol?

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Is there really even a theoretical benefit aside from saving you from purchasing alcohol?
They can be more brittle if I understand correct. But might be a brand issue as well.

I've been using Phrozen 4k Aqua Grey (Not water washable) and its been great. Can clean the liquid a few times when the resin settle at the bottom of the jar.

Would be nice to just rinse with water though unless it gives worse results in the prints.

Fucker

Log Wizard
:D

IMG_1328.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Gonna go HAM on CNC and 3D printers.

What are you going to do with them? I think 3d printers are really cool, but have never been able to find an actual use for them outside of fast prototyping mechanical parts for engineers.

Hekotat

What are you going to do with them? I think 3d printers are really cool, but have never been able to find an actual use for them outside of fast prototyping mechanical parts for engineers.

Just depends, I want to experiment more with carbon fiber solutions for PC cases and ideas I have.

• 1Like