[3DS] Fire Emblem: Awakening 2/04/13

Xannder_sl

shitlord
Got this last week and have been loving the hell out of it. Any tips on how to get low level grunts up to speed with everyone? At the point I got donnell and maribelle they get one shot by everything.
Maribelle is easy. Heal everyone possible even if it's only 1 HP and you'll still get full credit. Donnell requires a bit more work, but I used reeking boxes to level people up. Chapter 2 is a great chapter for leveling / support building since you can funnel enemies through the bridge.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
Got this last week and have been loving the hell out of it. Any tips on how to get low level grunts up to speed with everyone? At the point I got donnell and maribelle they get one shot by everything.
The free Marth DLC (Champions of Yore 1) that you can download is excellent for this. There's also something called EXPonential Growth to level off of, but that's not viable until a bit later, and it also costs money. The enemies all run from you in that one but they'll still counter you during the fight. Chrom is my second highest char and a full hp Chrom with support went in and it told me he was likely to die, heh.

But the Champions of Yore 1-3 are excellent for leveling lowbies. Put them with a support char that you intend for them to marry so you can build up their units too. Once they get a few levels, they can survive in Champions of Yore 3 (Champions of Yore 2 is very fast; if you take just one unit in you're probably fine but all of them require Chrom goes in and those lowbie units would just throw themselves at him and die instantly.)

Also, Maribelle and Lissa as healers are easily leveled with rescue staffs. When I had to level them quick I went into a Champions battle and just had them stay behind, using the rescue staffs on each other. They give you ridiculous amounts of exp per use. They are expensive to buy though (The rescue staff) but it worked for me and I hadn't even done the golden gaffe, which is like EXP growth except when you kill the running enemies they give several k gold every kill. I found this a better strategy than healing staffs, as you don't need anyone to be damaged to use it, and if you have them running around healing people they're generally in range to get pummeled. It also means if you're trying to level up non promoted chars, you can leave them in a safe area where an enemy won't challenge them. That all gets a bit easier if you promote Maribelle and Lissa to the classes which can use tomes. (Valkyrie and Sage respectively.)

When leveling donnel I put him with Kellem for awhile - Kellem's def stats made it so Donnel took a lot less damage, then I had a healer just follow him around healing.

Anyways, the key to all of that is the Champions of Yore Xenologue, which is free to download until March 6th, so if you haven't done it, go get it.

Needless

Toe Sucker
If you want to make things.. really.. really easy... buy the DLC for the gold farming map, and the exp grinding map.
Its absurdly fast, once you can kill all mobs on the gold map you get ~80k gold or so
and the exp map is all the yellow banana zombies that give tons of exp.

I take back my statement of Donnel being godlike.. the children are godlike with Galeforce inherited from the mothers, my goodness. This game is too good

Xannder_sl

shitlord
If you want to make things.. really.. really easy... buy the DLC for the gold farming map, and the exp grinding map.
Its absurdly fast, once you can kill all mobs on the gold map you get ~80k gold or so
and the exp map is all the yellow banana zombies that give tons of exp.

I take back my statement of Donnel being godlike.. the children are godlike with Galeforce inherited from the mothers, my goodness. This game is too good
Galeforce is completely and utterly broken. It's so awesome. I was trying to devise ways to pair it with Lifetaker for maximum breakage but that's probably something you only need to do on hard and lunatic.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Galeforce is completely and utterly broken. It's so awesome. I was trying to devise ways to pair it with Lifetaker for maximum breakage but that's probably something you only need to do on hard and lunatic.
haha i was doing that too, galeforce / lifetaker / lethality for maximum bonermode~

I'm gonna finish up this "normal" playthrough then try hard/luntic afterwards since i have a pretty good idea of how to build characters now

koljec_sl

shitlord
I've been playing this a lot, too. Don't miss Etrian Odyssey IV, either.

The demo for the new Castlevania game is unimpressive. The controls seem particularly bad.