[3DS] Fire Emblem: Awakening 2/04/13

Xannder_sl

shitlord
This game is amazing. Are the prior games in the series anywhere near this good? Have to say even the 3d works wonders in this game, there really isn't anything I don't like about it.
I haven't got my copy of the game yet (thanks Gamestop) so I can't give a true comparison, but all the games in the series play the same when it comes to combat mechanics, classes, etc. The weakest of the series that I've played so far is the one they released for the DS and even then it wasn't bad just not as good as the others they've released stateside.

Archangel_sl

shitlord
I have every handheld Nintendo console (in the Zelda special eds if available,) but I just can't bring myself to spring another $400AUS for a console that I will only use to play the revamped OoT. I confess to using a R4 with my DSLite; due to my rpg obsession it is sooo much easier when I am travelling to just have the console and not the console & 100+ cartridges.

I just can't imagine the slight 3D enhancements is worth that much extra, and I'm curiously wondering what Nintendo could possibly do for their next handheld.

I should be grabbing this next week, and I'm super excited for it. Got my kid a 3DS a few months after release and have been waiting for something that I want to play on it. The last Fire Emblem I played was Path of Radiance, and I loved it.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Stole this off neogaf but seems useful.

Unpromoted classes:
Level 1 > First skill learned
Level 10 > Second skill learned; can second seal to change to level 1 of another unpromoted class, or master seal into a promotion of the current class
(Nothing new is "unlocked" between levels 10-20 of unpromoted classes outside of better EXP scaling if you plan to promote later)

Promoted classes:
Level 1 > Can second seal to change to any of the units unpromoted classes
Level 5 > First skill learned
Level 10 > Can second seal to change to level 1 of any of the units playable classes, including promotions
Level 15 > Second skill learned

Promotion-free classes (Dancer, Villager, Taguel, Manakete, DLC classes):
Level 1 > First skill learned
Level 10 > Can second seal to change to level 1 unpromoted class
Level 15 > Second skill learned
Level 30 > Can second seal to change to any available class, promoted or not

and here's a list of skills

http://serenesforest.net/fe13/skills.html

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
Not entirely sure why gamestop is getting so much heat for the release issues. Gamestop does not control shipments, and Nintendo already came out with a statement blaming "shipping issues".

Either way, I still don't have a copy! When shipments started having issues, BF put the brakes to the order, and got me something else for V day instead. (Mega power ranger collection on dvd, fucking awesome.)

I'm jonesing hardcore though; I want to have super human children man.

How is everyone liking it? My facebook feed is filled with friends going insane over the game, so it's terrible. =(

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
It's my first Fire emblem game and I am hooked. Lost many hours of sleep to this damn game.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Donnel is a god.
I'm maxing any, and every base class a character has before promoting them, so him going to 30 as a villager before going warrior/hero etc is just hilarious

I love this game, the DLC is a little cheap though considering you gain so much gold from one, so much exp from another (im assuming since its not released yet, but the icon for it has those yellow fiends that give like 90exp per kill on it) and another one that im not sure what it does. Regardless, i'm still glad its there, i didn't like how scarce money is otherwise~

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah I think the underpromoted heroes first started back in Sacred Stones, and they are three of the strongest characters in the game, especially since the GBA Fire Emblems have a one use item that gives a character a boost to all their growth rates.

Xannder_sl

shitlord
Not entirely sure why gamestop is getting so much heat for the release issues. Gamestop does not control shipments, and Nintendo already came out with a statement blaming "shipping issues".

Either way, I still don't have a copy! When shipments started having issues, BF put the brakes to the order, and got me something else for V day instead. (Mega power ranger collection on dvd, fucking awesome.)

I'm jonesing hardcore though; I want to have super human children man.

How is everyone liking it? My facebook feed is filled with friends going insane over the game, so it's terrible. =(
Easily the best Fire Emblem I've played.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
The paired fighting is really amazing; having a heavy leap in front of someone else when you are trying to level them is fucking awesome. I also assume it's a chance that they dual attack? I was pairing Chrom with my main (Aww yea, marrying a prince) and if I had him supporting her, she got avoidance, and then always had huge crit chances. He would never attack. Her supporting him would have her assisting, but no avoidance for him. Maybe it's speed based?

Also, as per Daezuel's post above, I assume I need to level them all without promoting? That's the best way?

Xannder_sl

shitlord
Yes, paired fighting is awesome. When paired there is a percentage that you dual attack and a percentage that you get a guard. I believe these increase as the support level increases. If you're never going to class change, then I'd recommend leveling to 20 before promoting to get the most stat increases. This is the first FE where I did a lot of class changing as galeforce is OP and completely breaks the game.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
Yes, paired fighting is awesome. When paired there is a percentage that you dual attack and a percentage that you get a guard. I believe these increase as the support level increases. If you're never going to class change, then I'd recommend leveling to 20 before promoting to get the most stat increases. This is the first FE where I did a lot of class changing as galeforce is OP and completely breaks the game.
Yea, I actually started over because I realized I'd overleveled a few beyond their last skill gain so wanted to go back and make sure I was getting everything I had planned for the character in question.

Chrom is my only, wtf? Unsure if I should reclass him into a different fighter, then reclass back into Lord and then promote, or just promote asap.

Also, bought all of the DLC. There is a Marth DLC (Champions of Yore Pack 1) that is free until March 6th, so download that if you haven't.

Xannder_sl

shitlord
Chrom can get Luna (lvl 5 great knight) or Aegis (level 15 paladin) but outside of that the rest of the skills he can get are rather lackluster. He ended up staying in the back for me after I got galeforce with everyone I could. Once just about everyone can move twice, it was hard for him to keep up. I leveled him to 20 and then promoted him and I think he still ended up level capped at the end.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
Chrom can get Luna (lvl 5 great knight) or Aegis (level 15 paladin) but outside of that the rest of the skills he can get are rather lackluster. He ended up staying in the back for me after I got galeforce with everyone I could. Once just about everyone can move twice, it was hard for him to keep up. I leveled him to 20 and then promoted him and I think he still ended up level capped at the end.
Yea, I guess I am not paying a shit ton of attention of stats etc, but Chrom is a force for me, akin to Frederick. Sumia with Frederick makes him attack twice, and Chrom with my char means we always dual attack, and have lots of blocks. (I know it's a chance to happen but it *always* does.)

Since I've started over, I figured I'd probably go swordmaster/Great Lord or some variance there of.

You could be totally right, but since I've restarted he's a beast paired atm. I imagine once I have everyone classed appropriately that'll change.

Xannder_sl

shitlord
Chrom was a beast for me up until around chapter 16 (especially when paired/supported with my tactician) when I decided to grind out galeforce and then recruit all the kids that inherited it. The problem is that he can only class change to archer, cavalier or lord so your options are rather limited. Stahl and Sully were also beasts up until the same point since they were S level support, then I couldn't find a roster spot for them.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Got this last week and have been loving the hell out of it. Any tips on how to get low level grunts up to speed with everyone? At the point I got donnell and maribelle they get one shot by everything.

MsBehavn_sl

has an outie
This game is so amazing. First Fire Emblem and I'm like 4 hours into it, just got it yesterday. Hard to put it down though. I took the advice on Donnel and holy crap he gets a ton of stats when leveling.