4 player co-op games

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

pwe

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Help me out fellas!

I'm looking for some suggestions for 4 player co-op games :) Maybe buying some on sale now for playing later.

- Campaigns preferred
- 3D preferred
- must be online co-op

So far we loved Borderlands 2 + 3, Ghost Recon Wildlands, Strange Brigade, WoW classic (didn't hold attention, though). Would have loooved if the Far Cry games were 4 players. So that's the style so far.

Anything you've really enjoyed in 4 player coop? Older games is fine. But probably shouldn't be too hard, wife prefer not dying too much :cool:

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

KurganAU

<Gold Donor>
Alien Swarm flew under the radar for most but can be a blast with the right group.

Start on the lower difficulties, work your way up. Shit can get intense. They allow up to 8 players in the revamp but the game is made around 4.
Real sense of accomplishment when you can make it through a Brutal difficulty campaign with max friendly fire on and no one on the team dies.

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
CoD Zombies. Black Ops 3 probably is the best overall with a lot of maps, but Cold War is the latest although It only has one map so far though.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah co-op campaigns have been few and far between it seems lately, I re-read the original post after writing the below list and think you've hit on the threads of games that do support it (Ghost Recons, Borderlands). Leaving the rest of this in case it's helpful. I'd add Divinity Original Sin to the list. That was a lot of fun.

My friends and I play co-op almost exclusively when we game together, here's our current playlist, some of these we go a while and then binge quite a bit on like Factorio or Satisfactory.

- Gunfire Reborn
- Tabletop Simulator
- Rocket League
- Phasmophobia
- Company of Heroes 2
- Golf with Friends (when we have 5-6 usually)
- Factorio
- Satisfactory
- Diablo 3
- Grim Dawn

We recently started tinkering with:
- Darksburg
- Sentinels of the Multiverse (usually on Tabletop Simulator, but we're about to give the official app a go)
- Risk of Rain 2

Other games we get into that either aren't strictly co-op or are less than 4
- Wreckfest
- Blight Bound (3 player)
- Iron Harvest (kinda meh so far, limited map options restrict us to 3)
- Remnant (3 player)

Staberinde

Trakanon Raider
FPS GAMES (Mostly like Strange Brigade/Left 4 Dead):
Zombie Army trilogy is the same peeps who made strange brigade and very similar in playstyle (much less emphasis on puzzles tho).
Word War Z
Back 4 Blood (not out yet, but by makers of Left 4 Dead)

FPS - F2P (Tend to play more like the borderlands series of looter shooters)
Payday
Warframe
Destiny 2

Survival games (focusing on ones with completable campaigns):
The Forest (Campaign/story is approx 14 hours)
Raft (also short campaign but not finished yet)
Terraria
7 Days to Die (Not exactly completable last time i played but clearing large buildings/towns is like a short "level" of a coop game.

Other:
Human Fall flat
Heroes of Hammerwatch/Gauntlet/Magika
Barotrauma
Monster Hunter World

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
The Division 2.

Can be a bit "much", but it has many hours of content, and you can min-max yourself to death... If that's your thing.

pwe

Just played through Remnant: From the Ashes (unfortunately 3 players max) and damn that was awesome! One of my favorite coop games for sure! It was pretty short, maybe 11 hours for us. It felt like it was cut short somewhere along the way, but what was there was just awesome. Great graphics, great gunplay, great boss fights, great fun. Highly recommended for coop.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Anyone played Outward 4 player co-op? It even has gear resets kinda as you progress through dlc right?

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
We just recently picked up Heroes of Hammerwatch, at first I thought it was quite shallow but after a few hours I realized this game has amazing depth and is really fun to play with friends. I highly recommend it with 4 player co-op and all teh DLC.

pwe

Playing Raft in 2-player coop now (on easy, I hate managing hunger/thirst all the time). Very casual and great fun. Highly recommended for a relaxed survival/crafting coop experience. The sea at night is stunningly beautiful.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Helldivers - I don't think mentioned. Is a really good squad dual stick shooter for 4.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Someone I know invited me to play GTFO to complete a four man group. I don’t have reliable free time so I declined but he said the game is fun coop.

Workerbee

Molten Core Raider
Green Hell (if you disliked The Forest's continuous Cannibal/mutant attacks)
Don't Starve Together
Alien Swarm: Reactive Drop
No More Room in Hell

I've heard good things about GTFO, but thread on forums kinda cringes away since Tencent aquired the studio developping it. Also, the amount of negative reviews skyrocketed since then.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Green Hell (if you disliked The Forest's continuous Cannibal/mutant attacks)
Don't Starve Together
Alien Swarm: Reactive Drop
No More Room in Hell

I've heard good things about GTFO, but thread on forums kinda cringes away since Tencent aquired the studio developping it. Also, the amount of negative reviews skyrocketed since then.

Why do all your posts I’ve seen include pro Tencent sentiments? Got a thing for the CCP?

• 1Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users