50 Shades of Awesome

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I have not seen this movie, but I have been entertained by it. I have a couple friends I know are into the BDSM scene who went to see it out of morbid curiosity. Afterwards they came out and raged in EXACTLY the same way that I do when I go see a movie that deals with "hacking" and "the internet". It warmed my heart a little.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The dialogue in this movie makes Twilight look like Gone With the Wind.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I know nothing about this movie, other than some married friends read the book. They told me after that, they were tying each other up and doing all sorts of things, and that the sex had been non-stop ever since then. I remember the husband saying something like his wife would jump his bones as soon as he came home from work for like three months after she read the book.

Come to think of it, I've never heard a husband complain about his wife reading the book. Most of them got more action because of it. Probably the only ones complaining in this thread are the nerds that aren't getting any.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, of course we're going to ask you.

"No offense, but..."

"I'm not racist, but..."
Fine...

My wife has a lot of anime connections, this inherently puts her "fanfic adjacent". She's known about the origins of this for quite a while. Another related story? That "city of bones" series, or whatever it's called (The Mortal Instruments or something like that), was originally Harry Potter fan fic, the blonde guy is the authors version of Malfoy.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
So it's has sorta the same relationship to Twilight that the Sleeping Beauty trilogy has to Interview With A Vampire, the difference being that Anne Rice wrote both of the later and just used a pen name for the BDSM books.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I don't know which is worse - the movie or you gals gossiping about it.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Went to watch this with the GF on Valentines day. Cinema was packed even with the late night showing.

It wasn't terrible or great. It had some awful dialogue that made me cringe in my seat and the main characters had zero chemistry I felt. It was shot pretty nice though.

C+

edit: Pretty funny review. Didn't agree with the all the hate he had with it though.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Went to watch this with the GF on Valentines day. Cinema was packed even with the late night showing.
Really? Do you never go to movies, or are things polar opposite where you live. Late night showings of everything are always packed in my experience. If you don't want crowds, go to one of the first couple showings around noon. Especially with a film like this. I'm sure half the people seeing it wanted to wait till dark for a little extra cover.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Fandango saved me from this, went to buy tickets, and showed my wife all seats were taken (my theatre has lazyboy/reserved seating, it's pretty awesome), whats weird is that there were a few 4 seaters taken up by 3 ppl, wtf, these musta been crazy housewives.