7/30 FoH Open Magic the Gathering M20 Tournament

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I'm going to host this one so @a_skeleton_02 can play!

This tournament is open to everyone so if you have any friends who are interested in a growing MTGA community let them know.

What: Swiss round Best of 3 tournament with a top based on the number of players. Each round will be 72 hours long so you can find your opponent and finish a Best of 3 match. Winners will report in this thread and will be confirmed by their opponent.

When is it? Round one will start July 30th and last for 72 hours. Schedule a time for you to play with your opponent and report your record 2-0 2-1 etc with me via this thread. After a round ends the next round will start the following day and repeat until we have a winner. If all players finish before 72 hours I will take the remainder of the time and add it to the next round starting it immediately.

If both opponents cannot find a time to play and both have exhausted multiple times to schedule a match then both users will receive a draw.

If one opponent is unwilling or unable to compete they will be issued a game loss this is done at my discretion.

What do I need? A Fires of Heaven account is not required, A free Magic Arena account, a standard legal Best of 3 deck with 15 card sideboard and access to the FoH discord for easy match making.

You will be unable to switch decks during the event.

What do I win? Glory, a badge, and some foh bucks.

How do I sign up? Post below with your MTGA name

Decklists? Submit your decks to Mist Mist

I Require all deck lists before the tournament begins, The final day to submit deck lists is Mon July 29th

Also please join the FoH Discord as it will be the main staging ground for the tournament.

Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers

Good Luck everyone!
  • Winner: 1,000 Soybucks
  • 2nd place: 500 Soybucks
  • 3rd place: 250 Soybucks
All other participants will also be awarded 100 Soybucks as a consolation prize.

Good luck to all!

edit: Amod Amod will you sticky this and throw a "Magic the Gathering" between 'open' and 'M20'? Thanks!

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

BigDirty

Security Director of Crisis and Weather Management
<Bronze Donator>
Im in

BigDirty#11672

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i might have a hard time getting the first round done, but should be good past that. so i'm in. pharmakos#99271

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
we only have 4 people so far assuming tiggles is in (and i'm playing cause mist will hold decks)

@a_skeleton_02 what's the magic number to do a tourny, 8?

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
sorry super busy. im in. just tell me when and against whom..

• 1Solidarity

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Zzeris #06653. I'm pretty much in but still need to decide what deck I want.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I think we're at 8 so it's a go and anyone else we get in the next 4 days is just gravy

Lots of people mentioned being busy so if needed we can extend rounds in which the 72 hours fall completely on weekdays, as needed.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Just a FYI for my opponents starting Tuesday l be at Gencon for the week (playing lots of paper magic) so my timing will be hectic but I will have my laptop with me.

Also, Mist Mist you want me to pick up anything for you while in here?

BigDirty

Security Director of Crisis and Weather Management
<Bronze Donator>
Just a FYI for my opponents starting Tuesday l be at Gencon for the week (playing lots of paper magic) so my timing will be hectic but I will have my laptop with me.

Also, Mist Mist you want me to pick up anything for you while in here?

want to scope out how hard it would be to grab a

?

i could send you some monies, think i want to run it as my next pnp rpg