80s Sword and Sandel / Sorcery / Scandal - 80s fantasy guilty pleasure goodness

Siliconemelons

Let’s discuss all of our favorite campy 80s fantasy movies!

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
what in the fuck, is this some he-man/conan low budget release at the same time like armageddon/deep impact or dantes peak/volcano?

and it's a 4 movie series?
1bad8803f135bb72f757ab0ba5cb7259.png

honestly i've never heard about this and surprised i didn't see it cuz the covers look banging, if i saw these covers at the vhs store, i'd pick em up

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 7 users

Fadaar

That guy
what in the fuck, is this some he-man/conan low budget release at the same time like armageddon/deep impact or dantes peak/volcano?

honestly i've never heard about this and surprised i didn't see it cuz the covers look banging, if i saw these covers at the vhs store, i'd pick em up

you must not watch RLM

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Siliconemelons

small tangent - I actually do not put this in the b-movie realm. It’s such a dark gritty period piece and produced well over the “Corman” style ones- it also is a good movie and Rutger Howard does an excellent job. It also has some of the best 2h sword fighting scenes next to.. darn I forgot.. I’ll have to post it later.

but flesh + blood I put faulty high because of how true to grit it is as a dark ages historical vs a fictional fantasy type movie.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Siliconemelons

I was into this well before RLM but you are missing out on an entire genera of films that are awesomely something… lol

this thread I am sure will enlighten you to more…

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
It’s absolutely a piece of shit movie but I have some serious nostalgia for Hawk the Slayer.
IMG_3944.jpeg

• 8Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
lets get some of the classics out of the way.
Excalibur
iu

Highlander
iu

Big Trouble in Little China
iu

some non classics

Red Sonja aka Conan 3.
iu

The Sword and the Sorcerer
iu

• 9Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 11 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
lets get some of the classics out of the way.
Excalibur
iu

Highlander
iu

Big Trouble in Little China
iu

some non classics

Red Sonja aka Conan 3.
iu

The Sword and the Sorcerer
iu

That reminds me I haven't watched Excalibur in forever. That movie is amazing.

Isn't it funny how all the streaming services have all the new trash but very few legitimate classics available? HMMMMMMMMMMMMM. Curiouser and curiouser.

• 6Like
  • 1Direct to DVD
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
That reminds me I haven't watched Excalibur in forever. That movie is amazing.

Isn't it funny how all the streaming services have all the new trash but very few legitimate classics available? HMMMMMMMMMMMMM. Curiouser and curiouser.
masculine white men have no place in the modern world.. Excalibur is probably the best sword fantasy movie until the LOTR trilogy.

Last edited:
  • 7Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
masculine white men have no place in the modern world.. Excalibur is probably the best sword fantasy movie until the LOTR trilogy.

The theme based on Siegfried's Funeral March from Götterdämmerung is especially amazing.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users