80s Sword and Sandel / Sorcery / Scandal - 80s fantasy guilty pleasure goodness

Siliconemelons

Sheena - I don’t know if that counts but it is very much in the same vein - it’s fantasy and has all the same such tropes - just is a modern day setting vs old times.

bonus it starts with “magic sand” lol it’s like a racist trope swap

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
images
Way behind, but is that supposed to be Trump?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
would Evil Dead 2 qualify as sword and sandal kind of fantasy? or just a horror story?

if not. here is another cool one.
mazes-and-monsters-tv-guide-ad.jpg

Khane

Got something right about marriage
What's Big Trouble in Little China?

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I will just quote myself. That was the best of the cheesy sorcery movies. It had it all and came with a three bladed sword that shot out two of the blades. The demon transformation was actually pretty well done for the time and creepy.

• 1Picard

Siliconemelons

This is the one that started this genera for me… it oft gets confused for the above posted /sword and the sorcerer/ but … nay

behold David Caradine in..

One of the funny parts is when he rescues the woman, chained and topless (of course right…) they show him rescue her and take a jacket and cover her up, she covers herself and it like ohhh- then literally like the next scene with her, she is just topless lol it’s like “wait, what” apparently she has to be to do her magic or something - but Caradine is the spaghetti western gun slinger fighting over the well trope but fantasy

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I'm gonna say this counts, and fuck you if you disagree!

As for actual terrible ones, I'm sure a few of us read the Gor books in our teenage years. Well, they made a couple movies about them, and trust me they are bad. You don't cast a Penthouse Pet if you are looking for high cinema.

The second one even has Jack Palance!

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
I'm gonna say this counts, and fuck you if you disagree!

As for actual terrible ones, I'm sure a few of us read the Gor books in our teenage years. Well, they made a couple movies about them, and trust me they are bad. You don't cast a Penthouse Pet if you are looking for high cinema.

The second one even has Jack Palance!
I read every one of those books. There are loads of terrible movies in these themes from foreign countries. Italy, Greece and Czechoslovakia loved them.

1000002739.jpg

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

Can we talk about how in Conan the Destroyer he wonders into this village, they were just attacked by bandits (who have been raiding them in and off forever) that killed most of them, but they managed to fight back and win and Conan just up and takes their last captive and is like “don’t be mean to her”

Last edited: