9/11/2001 - Where were you when Bush knocked down the towers?

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I was teaching a class and the university decided to kill all activities for the day, so my class was interrupted by a stooge who came in and said all students were to return to their dorms and turn on the televisions to know what was going on. I then watched the crashes in the faculty lounge and went home feeling pretty numb. I remember everyone in our neighbourhood going to the gas station and filling their car and every gas can they could get their hands on because they thought gas would sky rocket immediately.

God's plan.

Reservists get all kind of bullshit when activated. per diem, BAH, away from spouse pay, etc. etc. Fucking retarded.

Active duty get all of this too. Currently collecting Per diem each day, BAH, BAS, separation pay, imminent danger/hostile duty pay, and federal tax exemption. Also I don't pay state taxes.

Last edited:

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was in 8th grade. And my homeroom teacher was a nam vet. He told us not to go to other classes. And put the radio on in his classroom so we could all be aware of what was happening. His name was Mr. Saunders, and unfrotunately he died of a heart attack a few years later. Loved him as a teacher. He was incredibly engaged, and an amazing role model. And as an adult now, I respect the hell out of the man for going off protocol to make sure that even as kids we had an understading of the gravity of the events unfolding that day.

R.I.P. Mr Saunders. You set a great example for all of us.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Was so hungover I skipped English Lit, roommate came back from class, woke me up and told me classes were cancelled because some dumb shit flew a plane into the WTC. We made a trash can full of trash can punch, invited over some bitches and got tanked. I only realized what had actually happened later that night. Twitter would have helped....

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Woke up sometime after the first tower had been hit and turned on the news while my now ex-wife was in the shower. When she got out we watched everything for the next 2 hours and I remember neither of us being able to believe it was real. We both worked that day, I had a late shift at my job and she worked kind of a mid shift at the university she did sign language interpreting for. All the universities here in southern California shut down for the next week or so, so I knew she was safe at home, but leaving for work that day was terrible. It was really quiet all day, no one knew how to even talk about it. We lived within eyeshot of the landing pattern of LAX and it was incredibly creepy not seeing any planes in the sky for almost a week, except for military jets.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
8th grade math. Teacher was a bitch and had to be told twice to turn on her tv. Surreal stuff, then and now. I think it really made me realize how suddenly you can die because I always pictured just sitting at a desk, looking over and seeing a plane after strolling in to work just like any other day.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
I don't go to Facebook much, i just went in there and checked. Sure enough there's one of my 'friends' spraying a bunch of truther stuff.

Will probably unfriend him, then thinking, I'll do it in a few weeks so he can't link the reason why. Anyone who's posting that stuff will likely keep a close eye on friends list to see who drops him, then feel he has the higher ground in the discussion.

bleedat

Molten Core Raider
I was getting dressed for work and had the news on so watched the second plane hit live. Shitty day for America. That's a feeling i had never had and haven't had again since.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I'm pretty sure I didn't work a shift that day, and I only remember that I saw the second plane hit live. Odds are I had just gotten up and logged into Everquest.

I still enjoy asking the conspiracy nuts why they think Bush thought he could get away with planting bombs in tower 7 when he didn't ram it with a plane. Wouldn't the unlikelihood of its collapse be too obvious of a red flag? Or was that simply another layer in the genius of his plot?

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
math class. junior in HS.

a55.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ender4212

Golden Knight of the Realm
I was in the Air Force stationed at Offutt AFB in Nebraska. A co-worker had recently bought a motorcycle and he needed to take it in for its first maintenance. I was following him to the shop and bringing him back to the base. By the time we were heading back, the second plane had hit and we knew what was going on. When we got back to the base, they had that shit on lock down. They were searching every car entering the base....mirrors to look under, dogs to sniff.

I remember they had us black out all the windows in our building, as if we were a target out in BFE. We brought a tv in and watched the news. Later after hearing that President Bush was in the air with an unknown destination, we learned that after leaving Barksdale AFB in Louisiana, he was heading our way. We had to get one of our guys to the underground (computer system we maintained was 3 stories underground) because Bush was coming and we needed to be ready.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
27 in my first pro job as mechanical engineer at Ford. The whole place stopped and they sent us home that day. I stayed glued to the tv all day and night. Some of you younger people might not realize how this one event basically changed everything.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Diemess

Silver Knight of the Realm
I was 16 at the time and had ditched school that day. My mom came home unexpectedly and said what the fuck are you doing home? I then pointed at the TV and said, "do you have any idea what this is going to cause? We are going to war mom."

We both then sat in front of the TV for the rest of the day. Not one word was said about me missing school again that day.