90s songs that were OK the first time, but gave you cancer after they were played nonstop for months

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
I just skimmed the thread but the big allure of "Fast Car" in the late 80's was the killer bass line; we used it to test out our 12" and 15" subs and amps. I still remember not how the music sounded (although really who can forget) but the sound it caused the metal in the doors and trunks of cars and trucks to make as they vibrated due to 2-6 woofers going to town, depending on how rich and insane you were with your setup.

Most of these songs were really good, it was the constant repetition that made them madness inducing. "Jump Around" any version/any artist wasn't bad but they would play the House of Pain version every weekend late on Fri/Sat nights at the club where I ran security, the tweaker set would get jazzed up and and things would happen or things would happen that would cause things to happen just a bit later as folks left. We were all sick of it by the end of 1994.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I appreciate RHCP, but have never really gotten in to them. I can fumble my way through a few of their easier songs on bass though!
They had a huge cluster of hits in the early 90s, and reliably churned out good music for another 15 years. Under The Bridge, Interstate Love Song, and Nothing Else Matters all came out while I was in high school, so they are memberberry bombs on top of just being great songs in their own right.

• 1Like

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
i notice nobody ever complains Radiohead was overplayed during the 90s, or Alice in Chains or STP or Soundgarden, even the most overplayed song of the 90s, Smells Like Teen Spirit, nobody got sick of them.

I never liked Radiohead (will make an exception for Idioteque), but I also never heard them actively played on the radio. Only became aware of them once the internet became a thing and saw every rock critic fellating Thom Yorke.

• 1Like

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I never liked Radiohead

giphy.gif

• 1Wow!

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
They had a huge cluster of hits in the early 90s, and reliably churned out good music for another 15 years. Under The Bridge, Interstate Love Song, and Nothing Else Matters all came out while I was in high school, so they are memberberry bombs on top of just being great songs in their own right.
I was a big RHCP fan back in the Mother's Milk/Blood, Sugar, Sex, Magic days, but I have almost no knowledge of anything after like Stadium Arcadium.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I never liked Radiohead (will make an exception for Idioteque), but I also never heard them actively played on the radio. Only became aware of them once the internet became a thing and saw every rock critic fellating Thom Yorke.
Getting off topic since they came out in the aughts, but there are only three truly good Radiohead albums -- Kid A, Amnesiac, and Hail to the Thief. The earlier albums have some good tracks but too much filler. The later albums get too far into pretentious fart sniffing.

Hail to the Thief in particular I think would appeal to a lot of FoHers, with it's political leanings.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
i like how after 10ish pages no one has said any boy band or teenie girl

britney-dancing.gif

can't stand any of this bitches songs tho
GettyImages-1199333375.jpg
That's because this thread is really just about 90s songs we all loved. Astro dun goofed.

• 1Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I like that song because of this:
I had forgotten about that stand-up guys act, thanks for the reminder of it it gave me some laughs.

My first serious relationship hit me during my senior year of high school and she looked exactly like Natalie Imbruglia so needless to say I used to think she was pretty hot and I didn't mind the song then or now.

I hope she wasn't as crazy as that girl I dated though.

I'm finding myself loving like 80% of the music in this thread and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

• 1Like