A brain teasing probability puzzle

The Master

Bronze Squire
This is the crux and why it's debatable.

People think the odds change as in the boxes are shuffled but they are not.

This makes the entire scenario debatable.

Fix my poll and delete the old one Tuco.
You think it is debatable because people are emotional? How does that factor into math?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
You think it is debatable because people are emotional? How does that factor into math?
I didn't say it factored in. I stated it as a reason it was stupid for Tuco to RRP Araysar for not agreeing/understanding the math involved. It is a debatable topic as long as not every single person understands it.

The Master

Bronze Squire
I didn't say it factored in. I stated it as a reason it was stupid for Tuco to RRP Araysar for not agreeing/understanding the math involved. It is a debatable topic as long as not every single person understands it.
I'm not sure you understand what "debatable" means. Someone not understanding something doesn't make it debatable, it makes them ignorant (or stupid). Refusing to understand makes them obstinately ignorant (or obstinately stupid). The facts don't change because they don't understand them. Debate is what happens when the facts are not understood or not known.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Debate is what happens when there is room for argument on a topic. There's no room for argument with this math...

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
It's the same shit as with Merlin. Repeatedly refusing to acknowledge shit that is being patiently and repeatedly explained to you, as Araysar was doing, is shit posting and won't be tolerated. Good. Whether he was trolling (most likely) or that fucking stupid, he needed a break.

It's one of those problems where the more words you put into the problem to direct them to the right answer the more complicated you make it.
That's kind of what I was getting at. Araysar was making the whole thing more and more complicated in his own mind, and making his own assumptions about how things work. Again whether he was doing it honestly or for lulz I don't know or really care.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
It's the same shit as with Merlin. Repeatedly refusing to acknowledge shit that is being patiently and repeatedly explained to you, as Araysar was doing, is shit posting and won't be tolerated. Good. Whether he was trolling (most likely) or that fucking stupid, he needed a break.
If it is so obvious and needs no explanation and is stupid to even discuss it and anyone who does discuss it is trolling why is the person that posted this not in RRP for troll baiting? Why is the thread not in the Rickshaw by now if it's that cut and dry?

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
If it is so obvious and needs no explanation and is stupid to even discuss it and anyone who does discuss it is trolling why is the person that posted this not in RRP for troll baiting? Why is the thread not in the Rickshaw by now if it's that cut and dry?
Where did I say it's "so obvious and needs no explanation and is stupid to even discuss it"? Where? I said that after it was explained "patiently and repeatedly" he continued to be a fucking jackass. How does that equate to saying it's obvious, needs no explanation, and is stupid to even discuss it? As The Master says, it's not obvious, famously so. But this thread didn't need to go past about page 2 were it not for Araysar's shit posting/trolling.

Are you fucking retarded?

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I don't understand the infraction, but these type of threads are for this kind of "argument". I mean why have a thread on it if all you have to do is link math? People read it, then it gets buried to the second page and is forgotten. At least people had fun for a day.

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
I don't understand the infraction, but these type of threads are for this kind of "argument". I mean why have a thread on it if all you have to do is link math? People read it, then it gets buried to the second page and is forgotten. At least people had fun for a day.
Tuco is a good admin and upholds consistent rules. If Merlin got the axe for a similar scenario then the next challenger must face the same consequences.

So say we all.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Where did I say it's "so obvious and needs no explanation and is stupid to even discuss it"? Where? I said that after it was explained "patiently and repeatedly" he continued to be a fucking jackass. How does that equate to saying it's obvious, needs no explanation, and is stupid to even discuss it? As The Master says, it's not obvious, famously so. But this thread didn't need to go past about page 2 were it not for Araysar's shit posting/trolling.

Are you fucking retarded?
Not obvious = highly debatable.

The fact that Araysar couldn't grasp a highly complicated concept is no reason to RRP the man or compare him to Merlin.

IF SO you need to RRP every single person that was involved since it was so obvious and not even open for debate.

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
Not obvious = highly debatable.

The fact that Araysar couldn't grasp a highly complicated concept is no reason to RRP the man or compare him to Merlin.

IF SO you need to RRP every single person that was involved since it was so obvious and not even open for debate.
William plz go.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Tuco is a good admin and upholds consistent rules. If Merlin got the axe for a similar scenario then the next challenger must face the same consequences.

So say we all.
Pretty much. I rrp'd Araysar for his own good. Look at the upstanding citizen Merlin has become. One day Araysar can hope to reach the level of enlightenment that Merlin has.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
One day Araysar can hope to reach the level of enlightenment that Merlin has.
rrr_img_43410.jpg

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
The contestant has a 1/3 chance of picking right
The host has a 2/3 chance of being left with the right one
You switch because the Host has a higher probability of having the right one
The confusion is you think it's a 50/50 because you have two choices during the second round.
It is a binary decision you're making, but the probability is not 50/50
remember you're box was based on a 1/3 decision
the Hosts' box was based on a 2/3 result, the probability that his box is right is higher than yours.
You have to apply a Probability weight from your original choice.

I think I did a good job of explaining this.