A Quiet Place (2018)

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
This movie was horrible for up to and probably more than a thousand reasons. If you want to be almost completely bored while watching 90 minutes of people trying to be quiet, this movie is for you. Thinking about how implausible or just plain dumb every scene in this movie is will be what staves off total and complete boredom. I'm honestly baffled by the reviews this is getting.

• 4Like
  • 2Dislike
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 6 users

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
This movie was horrible for up to and probably more than a thousand reasons. If you want to be almost completely bored while watching 90 minutes of people trying to be quiet, this movie is for you. Thinking about how implausible or just plain dumb every scene in this movie is will be what staves off total and complete boredom. I'm honestly baffled by the reviews this is getting.

2/10.

Brikker

Trump's Staff

This guy loves the new Star Wars movies.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Entertaining overall.

Husband was an idiot though. Over a year and you managed to set up fireworks and what appeara to be miles and miles of sand.

Fuck sound proof rooms (ya they had that shitty baby room they never used). Fuck a shit ton more sound distractions placed all around. Fuck offensive traps.

Also husbands death was the girls fault.

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider

Just saw this pile of shit and feel the same way. I want the 2.5 hours back that it took me to drive back and forth to the theater and watch this inbetween. I agree that its a well made movie but everything about it is so implausible I just couldn't buy in. When there really are a thousand+ reasons why the premise makes no sense and you go through them in your head from the start, who cares how good the sound is or the monsters look? The gf felt the same way, I considered walking out.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
Honestly everyone who didnt like this smokes crack, you're mad at what? That they were quiet?

Half the mouth breathers on this forum couldnt speak more than a paragraph in 3 days to someone new to them, this is the same as the "her knees are too sharp" bs.

• 4Salty
  • 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
Yes, you're a mouth breathing crack smoker unless you like a movie whose premise is littered with nonsense. No opinions are allowed here, this movie is objectively great. a_skeleton_00 has spoken.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Yes, you're a mouth breathing crack smoker unless you like a movie whose premise is littered with nonsense. No opinions are allowed here, this movie is objectively great. a_skeleton_00 has spoken.

This is not a dig, I want your opinion: What horror/thriller movies in the last decade have had tight premises and decent execution?

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
This is not a dig, I want your opinion: What horror/thriller movies in the last decade have had tight premises and decent execution?

Not only this but how many have done a better job of providing thrills, horror, etc? I thought it did solid.

The story had holes. All movies have holes. That's like being upset your burger doesn't look like the picture on the window. The story is implausible. Once again, how many horror movies aren't? How many movies aren't? Shit, I just watched Avengers 3 and I couldn't enjoy it because these super-heroes were just so damn implausible! No, I didn't. You go into movies knowing they will have flaws and then move forward. I can understand not liking it or hoping for a better background story. Being upset the family made stupid mistakes or even wondering how they managed to survive so long. I thought the husband was stupid and unprepared too. I thought the weakness of the monsters was easy to figure out and should have been exploited early but I don't know Day 1, or even Day 44. The story did a good job of not allowing much info to ruin it's premise. All I really know is you die if you aren't quiet and the story was well made compared to other stuff I've watched the last few years. No magnus opus but I'll watch part 2.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I get the feeling there’s a producer in this thread cause this movie was fucking awful. If it was a story written in crayon by a 6 year old I wouldn’t be surprised.

• 1Salty
  • 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I get the feeling there’s a producer in this thread cause this movie was fucking awful. If it was a story written in crayon by a 6 year old I wouldn’t be surprised.

Same question to you then: What horror/thriller movies in the last decade have had tight premises and decent execution?

And a follow up: What were you expecting this movie to be based on its trailer? How did it disappoint?

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Same question to you then: What horror/thriller movies in the last decade have had tight premises and decent execution?

And a follow up: What were you expecting this movie to be based on its trailer? How did it disappoint?

everyone on here lauded netflix's 'the ritual'

edit: 'sinister' was also awesome