A Quiet Place Part II (2020)

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
2.50 star(s) Rating: 2.50/5 2 Votes
Title: A Quiet Place Part II (2020)

Genre: Drama, Science Fiction, Thriller

Director: John Krasinski

Cast: Emily Blunt, Cillian Murphy, Millicent Simmonds, Noah Jupe, Djimon Hounsou, Wayne Duvall, Okieriete Onaodowan, Blake DeLong, Silas Pereira-Olson, Scott Matheny, Liz Cameron, Lauren-Ashley Cristiano, Ashley Dyke, Andy Rich, Robert A. Coldicott, Bill Smith

Release: 2020-03-18

Plot: Following the events at home, the Abbott family now face the terrors of the outside world. Forced to venture into the unknown, they realize that the creatures that hunt by sound are not the only threats that lurk beyond the sand path.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Huh, odd that Krasinski isn't in the cast as he should be in the prequel part.

Enjoyed the first though and will check this out.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I would have very much preferred ambiguity versus exposition establishing the monsters are invulnerable. EMP + zerglings is more than enough to fuck civilization beyond repair. Making it a plot point that they absolutely cannot be stopped makes their unimpressive displays in the grain silo or trying to get in to a pick up truck non-congruent.

Then you get the big reveal where they have vulnerability 50/sonic. No one tried really loudness versus the blind things with super hearing? Really?

If you just keep it to "all electronics got fried we don't know what the fuck is happening, we've got a couple rules we survive by" I think the film would have been better.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

wamphyr

Molten Core Raider
But then what is the point of the movie if the Big Bad cant be killed ?

• 1Solidarity

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
So this is part 2 of......7, where Krasinski directs his wife through a movie series, ala Resident Evil? I mean, Emily Blunt is clearly superior to Milla in nearly every way, but it is starting to feel like that.

I agree with all Arbitrary's points, but enjoyed the first for what it was. I thought the sacrifice at the end a little contrived for effect but I guess Krasinski didn't want to be in the sequel(s), just behind the camera.

• 2Worf

Chris

Potato del Grande
I had to turn the first one off half way through, the suspense was too much.

• 1Worf

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
I only just saw the first movie last night, liked it a lot as a film that did and covered so much in such a basic location and a single premise . Very good at ramping up the suspense.

A co-worker that I was talking to, a fan of the film also mentioned that the trailer for the sequel is out.

Having seen it now, I'm not too positive about it. It's the over-used trope of: "world order has collapsed due to 'event' , so the one's who survive are cunts"

So unless I hear really good things, I'll wait till it's on a stream.

• 2Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I only just saw the first movie last night, liked it a lot as a film that did and covered so much in such a basic location and a single premise . Very good at ramping up the suspense.

A co-worker that I was talking to, a fan of the film also mentioned that the trailer for the sequel is out.

Having seen it now, I'm not too positive about it. It's the over-used trope of: "world order has collapsed due to 'event' , so the one's who survive are cunts"

So unless I hear really good things, I'll wait till it's on a stream.

I hadn't even watched the trailer until you said this and yeah, it looks way less interesting than I was expecting. The flashback action scenes have a very War of the Worldsy look to them and then it looks to transition in to something inspired by McCormac's The Road. I liked both the book and movie for The Road quite a lot but "man was the real monster all along" is an ancient goddamn trope.

I'd prefer action schlock where they're carrying around a electro-static megaphone contraption and wrecking house. That's what I thought they were carrying at first too, a portable megaphone thing. Nope, just the baby. Then after blowing up a bunch of monsters they take down a group of evil survivors with science and then link up with the military setting the stage for part three where it's nonstop apocalyptic action.

I will say if that baby ends up headless on a spit a la The Road than I will consider a Red Box rental.

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Absolutely loved the first movie, I thought it was a masterpiece. Maybe because the ending was badass as fuck. That scene when she is giving birth in the tub, fucking crazy.

Was skeptical about a 2nd one, but this looks great. Sign me up.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Absolutely loved the first movie, I thought it was a masterpiece. Maybe because the ending was badass as fuck. That scene when she is giving birth in the tub, fucking crazy.

Was skeptical about a 2nd one, but this looks great. Sign me up.

The fact that they even were stupid enough to get pregnant in the first place made the first one dumb as fuck. Oh shit there are monsters who are attracted to sound, let's bring in a screaming fucking baby. Pants on head refuckingtarded.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
The fact that they even were stupid enough to get pregnant in the first place made the first one dumb as fuck. Oh shit there are monsters who are attracted to sound, let's bring in a screaming fucking baby. Pants on head refuckingtarded.

Maybe they were pregnant before?

giphy.gif

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Maybe they were pregnant before?

giphy.gif

Damn if only there wasn't a 1 year time skip after their first child gets eaten, but hey seems like a solid time to fuck and create a siren to call all other monsters.

• 1Solidarity

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Damn if only there wasn't a 1 year time skip after their first child gets eaten, but hey seems like a solid time to fuck and create a siren to call all other monsters.

Whoops forgot about that haha.

Could you really resist pulling out of Blunt's sacred place? Me neither!

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Not sure why that's your beef with the movie. Their whole lifestyle was trying to maintain as much of a normal family life as possible with all the shenanigans going on. Having a baby would be a part of that, and they had thoroughly prepped for the noise, just like everything else.

• 2Like

Maul

Dental Dammer
Good luck holding onto your load when inside Emily.

• 2Solidarity

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
I was thinking about the sex thing too. I figure that's something you could do during a thunder storm, dem creatures aint going to hear you. Let loose and fuck like crazy.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
The one thing I didn't really understand though is why they didn't just permanently live near the river.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
The one thing I didn't really understand though is why they didn't just permanently live near the river.

or waterfall or ocean or really windy place

and I just couldn't get past the sand trails, miles and miles and miles of sand that seems like it would have taken years with the effort to aquire it and how quietly you would have had to lay it

at that point my suspension of disbelief failed and I disliked what otherwise could have been a pretty cool movie

• 1Like
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database