A Song of Ice and Fire (Released Spoilers)

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I'm not sure Sandor is ever going to find his way to the Vale personally. I think the only thing that will get him involved in the world again will be Robert Strong.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Honestly, I have no idea what Sandor will be capable of when/if he reemerges. He was a giver of minimal fucks before, what if he comes out of the monastery with a big dose of righteous fury? I could see him killing just about anyone with that kind of thinking.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
He has a limp now though, wonder if its permanent? Curious if he will fight with the same effectiveness if he encounters Robert.

Chrisd_sl

shitlord
He'll definitely be around Sansa again, that's half the main point of his arc, to restore her faith in the idea of a true knight (Elder Brother was knighted, he'll knight Sandor) having been the one to tear it down.

I think he'll kill UnGregor but it will be for a greater purpose. The Elder brother said the Hound lived only to kill his brother, a tormented and twisted existence, if Sandor hears Gregor is back and rushes off to kill him then he hasn't undergone any character growth, more likely killing Gregor's undead form will be like a mercy setting Ungregor free.

Maybe the super healer on the Quiet Isle can cure his leg and facial scars, when Sandor comes back I don't think he's going to be immediately recognisable to Westeros.

His list of shit to do I think is brave dragon's fire, kill Corbray and defeat Ungregor.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A lot, or even most, of what you are saying would be true if this was a traditional fantasy story. Good vs. bad, straight redemption story, etc. Things just aren't that black and white in Westeros. I just don't think there's any chance GRRM suddenly gives us the traditional knight type character out there saving maidens and doing good. Just, no way. If anything I'd expect him to die in some horrific fashion similar to Oberyn.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Exactly what Grimmlokk said. So far the most traditional knight has been Brienne and her story is far from normal fantasy.

Chrisd_sl

shitlord
He's littered Westeros history with great knights and this era and story isn't going to pass without it's own. Just as he's provided near pure evil characters he has had no problem writing the flipside, Brienne and obviously Dunk being the prime examples. Sandor will still die tragically, but not before he's brought the epic. It will just be all the better for having first been grounded.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He's littered Westeros history with great knights and this era and story isn't going to pass without it's own.
History is written by the winners. Guys like Robert and Gregor will go down as amazing knights. There were stories about how amazing Rhaegar was etc, and Barristan let us know how exaggerated they were.

Dunk is the closest thing, but you'll notice his story isn't happening in the I&F series, but in a side series. Yeah, Brienne is pretty pure and all, she's also shit on at every turn and had her already ugly face half chewed off. She's also now working for an undead vengeful cunt. Sooo, yeah. Don't expect Lancelot is all I'm saying.

Chrisd_sl

shitlord
Rhaegar was dead before the series began and Robert was fat, no-one is about to go claiming Gregor was an Arthur Dayne (losing side) or Aemon Dragonknight, or anything other than big and brutal. Sandor will remain a grey character because we know his history, it'll be a question of can we get behind a character who basically murdered a child. But he will come back as a righteous sword of the Faith to do epic things, despite being grounded in reality it's still epic fantasy. Then Arya will kill him.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
I don't see Sansa's faith in anything being restored, she seems more likely to be headed towards becoming Littlefingers 2.0, learning from his amoral political wile and combining it with her natural beauty to become a dominating political player.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I love asoiaf theories and knowing what people are saying enriches the reading of the books, but let's be real here. This man was born to shit on assumptions of where he will take his fictional story:
interview-with-fiction-writer-george-rr-martin-author.jpg

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
I'd like to see something epic happen with Sandor, but with GRRM, you should never expect anything good to happen to any character.

Chrisd_sl

shitlord
Another, word of Quentyn's death, Dany's rejection of him, Dany's army still in Mereen and Dany herself lost maybe dead to reach Westeros. Arianne to seduce Aegon, Doran to demand Aegon marry Arianne for Dorne's support, Aegon/Jon Con consenting, Vary's handing them KL and Arianne becoming Cersei's younger more beautiful queen, unleashing on Cersei what Doran had planned for Tywin.

Young_sl

shitlord
I think that once John comes back as the R'hllor he will lead his army down from the north and re take Winterfell. After that, Lord Reed comes out and tells the truth about John's heritage, someone important is his actual father, he was Ned's nephew all along, not his bastard son. With this new knowledge he lays a claim to the thrown of Westeros, sweeping south he collects all who support him and destroys those who oppose. At some point Robert Strong is brought into the mix and the Hound is given a chance to serve under Snow and promised the opportunity to kill his returned brother.

Just speculation.. but you never know
biggrin.png

biggrin.png

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
I'm mostly curious how you end a giant epic like ASoIaF and have it feel right, especially with no central protagonist. It will be interesting to see if the old boy doesn't keel over in the next ten years.

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I wish that John were really and truly dead, everything about him is just downright frustrating especially given that he painted a giant kill me sign on himself for the entirety of the last book (it also didn't help that GRRM devoted a substantial portion the book to his POV and then stuffed it mainly with filler). He was fine as a soldier and as a wildling but he is terrible as a leader and I can only foresee his chapters being incredibly irritating unless the typical light vs dark scenario rears its ugly and tired head and everyone justhas tofollow him because its humans vs demons time boys! Then it would just be boring but I'm holding out that Martin can recapture some of his mojo, here's hoping anyhow.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I wish that John were really and truly dead, everything about him is just downright frustrating especially given that he painted a giant kill me sign on himself for the entirety of the last book (it also didn't help that GRRM devoted a substantial portion the book to his POV and then stuffed it mainly with filler). He was fine as a soldier and as a wildling but he is terrible as a leader and I can only foresee his chapters being incredibly irritating unless the typical light vs dark scenario rears its ugly and tired head and everyone justhas tofollow him because its humans vs demons time boys! Then it would just be boring but I'm holding out that Martin can recapture some of his mojo, here's hoping anyhow.
I agree. It's like he and Dany are the same character except one is freezing and one is in the desert.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
As long as Sandor comes back to fuck up Bob Strong's shit, I'll be happy.

Chrisd_sl

shitlord
Jon was actually good by the end of ADWD when he decided to use his army and go kill shit. It's a shame he died, but it's going to be ok, he'll be back and undead and even more willing to kill shit.