A Song of Ice and Fire (Released Spoilers)

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
At this point I wouldn't be surprised if the epilogue is a "4,000 years later..." and it's dragons fucking cars.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
There's a first edition Clash of Kings at the used book store that I kinda want. It's not in pristine condition so it's just $8.

Me tempty

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Books are supposedly finished.

I'll believe that when I see it. If it were true, why would we be hearing about it secondhand through an actor instead of from GRRM himself, or at least the publisher? Even if there were a deal to delay release until after the show had finished, why not announce it?

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
If that fat fuck had finished he'd be shouting it from the rooftops. It would be a gigantic gorilla off his back and cement his legacy even with skeptics like us.

Hell, we'd have to stop calling him fat fuck and start referring to him by name again.

• 1Solidarity

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I have serious doubts that BOTH books are done, but I did suspect that the reason we don’t have Winds yet is because of the show. Though my theory was that George was being a spiteful cunt to Dave and Dan for what they did with his stories and not because a deal had been struck to delay the release.

If this is true, I don’t know how I can stay off the internet long enough to avoid spoilers for two GRRM sized novels.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I have serious doubts that BOTH books are done, but I did suspect that the reason we don’t have Winds yet is because of the show. Though my theory was that George was being a spiteful cunt to Dave and Dan for what they did with his stories and not because a deal had been struck to delay the release.

If this is true, I don’t know how I can stay off the internet long enough to avoid spoilers for two GRRM sized novels.

Already debunked. He posted in his blog that he has not started Dream of Spring amd that he wouldn't start until WoW is finished. That strongly suggests he isn't even finished with WoW, which is wholly unsurprising and totally in character for his lazy ass.

• 1Solidarity

Chris

Potato del Grande
Can we peice together what is going to happen in the books based on the show endings?

I feel like the whole King's Landing siege is actually Aegon/Arianne's ending with them dying together as the Red Keep falls on them, since the Golden Company is Aegon's army.

Cersei is probably going to get killed off way earlier with Clegane Bowl being her trial, since she loses she has Qyburn setting off wildfire and Jamie returns to kill her.

So basically they merged Jamie/Cersei with the Dornish characters.

The Greyjoy characters have been such a mess in the show that I can't really figure them out.

• 1Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
latest post on his not a blog:

Edit: scrolled down a bit and saw this too

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I almost have 0 desire to read his new books either. I wish Joe Abercrombie would just write a ton more in the Wizards First Rule universe so I could just read that instead.

• 4Solidarity
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 4 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
I almost have 0 desire to read his new books either. I wish Joe Abercrombie would just write a ton more in the Wizards First Rule universe so I could just read that instead.
Each book had a new type of rape and half the time a new type of sex based climax to the story, that guy is sick.

I think I stopped at secrectly switching partners on your wedding night at a dual wedding rape, then being upset that your girlfriend finishes you off with a blowjob when she thought she was fucking your evil secret half brother for a prophecy but was fucking you all along. Then in the other partner swap your childhood friend throws herself off a cliff because she married and fucked your evil secret half brother without knowing.

Oh and if your girlfriend has an orgasm she loses control and permanently mind controls you, but it's OK because you are the only person in the world with the countermagic.

Then we'll stop the story and have a book about building a statue. I didn't read that one.

Last edited:
  • 3WTF
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Each book had a new type of rape and half the time a new type of sex based climax to the story, that guy is sick.

I think I stopped at secrectly switching partners on your wedding night at a dual wedding rape, then being upset that your girlfriend finishes you off with a blowjob when she thought she was fucking your evil secret half brother for a prophecy but was fucking you all along. Then in the other partner swap your childhood friend throws herself off a cliff because she married and fucked your evil secret half brother without knowing.

Oh and if your girlfriend has an orgasm she loses control and permanently mind controls you, but it's OK because you are the only person in the world with the countermagic.

Then we'll stop the story and have a book about building a statue. I didn't read that one.
I think he mixed up his series there. Joe Ambercrombie doesn't write those fucked up Wizards First Rule books.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
I think he mixed up his series there. Joe Ambercrombie doesn't write those fucked up Wizards First Rule books.
The Wizards First rule universe is pretty good, maybe it would be better with a writer who isn't fucked up.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
The Wizards First rule universe is pretty good, maybe it would be better with a writer who isn't fucked up.
I read like the first 3 or 4 books. It started getting really off the rails and I bailed. I would say I really enjoyed the first one and maybe the second one i dont remember the second much. I tolerated the last couple.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>

My bad, I meant The First Law trilogy and the world of Bloody Nine. They are better than ASoIF.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Rustled

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
My bad, I meant The First Law trilogy and the world of Bloody Nine. They are better than ASoIF.
Well the mistake had me look up Ambercrombie since I knew he didn't write Wizards first rule. I bought the first book of his.

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
That was Terry Goodkind, who is totally not a fantasy author. He is much better than that, just let him tell you.

• 3Worf

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Yeah, I've read several of Goodkind's books and the only thing I remember is how fucking rapey and full of phallus' it was.

• 1Barf