A Song of Ice and Fire (Released Spoilers)

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
The virus might actually force him to finish the next book:

tenor.gif

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I mean I doubt he has the balls to pull a complete 180 on the terrible plot points he gave the show once they got past the books, and based on how much worse the books got after Storm of Swords it's a safe bet the series will be awful even if he does actually finish it.

• 4Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 4 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Can you imagine the nerd rage that would have happened if in 2011 when GoT started the book fans would have been told that in 2020 GRRM would be predicting that book 6 was only a year away?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Can you imagine the nerd rage that would have happened if in 2011 when GoT started the book fans would have been told that in 2020 GRRM would be predicting that book 6 was only a year away?
No, they'd be like "he's still alive and writing!"

• 1Like

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
No, they'd be like "he's still alive and writing!"
He started the current book he's 'working' on before 2011 as he moved stuff from Dance to the current book before Dance came out. My guess is he hadn't decided how to resolve all the cliffhangers.

My next guess is he STILL hasn't decided.

• 2Garbage
  • 1Dislike
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
As late as the last fucking book he was still introducing new characters and new threads. There's no way he can end the series in two books and still meet his personal standards which is why writing is taking him forever. He thinks if he does it all perfect it will work but it won't and after this long he can't come out and announce the series is going to go even longer. At this point even his sunk costs have sunk costs.

It's too bad really. If he had just decided fucking TEN YEARS AGO that it would go on as long as it needed to go on we might not have a conclusion but we'd at least have more books. I remember hearing back in 2015 that he had already sent a thousand pages to his editor or some shit. We're well past ridiculous.

• 3Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 3 users

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
that's been the problem since the start, for every character he kills off, he introduces two more.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
One of the Mad King's children may have actually survived! Here's Jon Connington! He's too was thought dead! How about some more Dorne characters?

That's all great but how about we keep the story focused on the Starks, Lannisters and Danny?

• 4Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 4 users

Couchy

Molten Core Raider
At this point I don't really care if the series is finished. I did really like Fire & Blood, but we will have to wait a fucking decade for the second part of that to come out too (if ever). So frustrating and exhausting. Finish the books and move on old man.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
at least he admits he no longer gives a fuck about his story like he used to. time to put this one to bed. im just happy Stephen King stayed alive long enough to butcher the ending of The Dark Tower series

• 1Worf
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
While I hate that ending to this day and will still randomly bitch about it the Dark Tower was also an immunization against further disappointment of that scale. It's much, much easier for me to be happy with what I've gotten even if everything turns to complete shit somewhere along the way. A couple decent books and a couple decent seasons of a show is plenty.

• 1Like