A Song of Ice and Fire (Released Spoilers)

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I think people extrapolated this made up quote based on the fact that he's said that he keeps absolutely 0 notes of the story and a lot of it is in his head.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Isn't there another made up quote out there somewhere stating that he told some HBO people how the series ended in case he died so they could finish it?

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Isn't there another made up quote out there somewhere stating that he told some HBO people how the series ended in case he died so they could finish it?
I think it's that supposedly they wouldn't do the show unless he did tell them so they could finish in case of death.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They "know the broad strokes" of how it ends. Martin himself doesn't have all the twists and turns worked out, just the specific endings for the major characters.

HBO May Reveal Game of Thrones Ending Before the Books Can | Tor.com

"io9 has a choice quote from a recent Entertainment Weekly interview that Benioff gave regarding the time limit:

It's possible the producers, who know the broad strokes of Martin's ending for the story, might conclude the show before the last book is released. Not that anyone involved wants that to happen. "Ideally, the books come out first," Benioff says."

George R. R. Martin Reveals His Backup Game of Thrones Ending | Vanity Fair

Asked how he will possibly wind up all of the story's sprawling threads in the next two books, Martin revealed that he has a back-up plan. "Two big books, 1,500 manuscript pages each-that's 3,000 pages," Martin says of the space he has to wrap up. "I think I have a good shot. And you know, if I really get pressed, I've already established that red comet. I can just have it hit Westeros and wipe out all life," he says.

While he has not outlined the tale's conclusion, the author says that he has "a broad sense of where the story is going-I know the end, I know the end of the principal characters, and I know the major turning points and events from the books, the climaxes for each book, but I don't necessarily know each twist and turn along the way."

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
rrr_img_59341.jpg

Chrisd_sl

shitlord
I think he'll finish it in two books, they'll just move at ASOS pace. Things have meandered because most of the characters have been in the 5 year gap turning phase that he had first planned to skip, or have at least reached the point where they come out the other side and things start happening, Arya's ninja training, Dany's ruling training and dragons growing, Bran's god mode training, Sansa's Machiavellian training and Jon in Ghost stasis.

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
Everyone is going to gather up, the dragons will kill the others, go insane, and bran will take control of them making them kill each other wiping out magic once again. mark my words.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The Hound marries Brienne and they have a bunch of ugly babies that they train to be the baddest ass bad asses to ever walk the 7 Kingdoms. They take over and 500 years of peace and prosperity ensue. Ugly becomes the new beautiful, Tyrion is raised to lord of House Lannister and Sansa comes back to him and they make a bunch of weird looking kids. The beautiful Tyrells and the like are cast down to wallow among the peasants.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Just give me the spinoff of Arya Stark being the most badass killer/assasin/bounty hunter in the 7 kingdoms as an adult. Lots of nudity, starring Summer Glau as adult Arya.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I still think Martin od's on Cheeze whiz and ritz leaving grim to commit seppuku.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sometimes when I get bored I click the random button on reddit until I hit something interesting. Tonight I stumbled onImaginary Westeros. It's artists interpretations of Ice and Fire stuff. Some are cute, some are stupid, and some are just really awesome.

hOeRKbO.jpg

the_red_viper_by_zippo514-d5jq2wb.jpg

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Sometimes when I get bored I click the random button on reddit until I hit something interesting. Tonight I stumbled onImaginary Westeros. It's artists interpretations of Ice and Fire stuff. Some are cute, some are stupid, and some are just really awesome.

hOeRKbO.jpg

the_red_viper_by_zippo514-d5jq2wb.jpg
Excellent find, I wish a lot of them were desktop sized.